There are 231 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

I hope it's 4 games or less. Oh yeah and Aldon stay out of trouble god damnit
  • Arson
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
I have been arrested quite frequently and I have also been detained frequently. You can be held for 72 hours with no charges.

I have never posted bail without charges being filed.

I have released within 72 hours when no charges were filed and I did not post bail.

Somebody who makes over 500k a year, isnt gonna sit in county lock up even for 72 hours, if they can just drop 20k(which they get back), and go home.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Arson:
Somebody who makes over 500k a year, isnt gonna sit in county lock up even for 72 hours, if they can just drop 20k(which they get back), and go home.

OK. I have never made that much money.

Do you think he put 20K in cash or paid a just paid the bail bondsman?
I doubt he put up 20K in cash--but I have never been rich.

We should find out what is going to happen in LA soon.
[ Edited by buck on Apr 28, 2014 at 4:50 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
If that's true then hopefully the LAX incident gets thrown out, it kind of sounds like they don't have a leg to stand on anyway.

Well technical violations without intent usually are fines vs imprisonment. Given the facts currently known, I'd bet on something below a misdemeanor. It might involve community service and probation, but I'd be very surprised if it involved actual jail time.
Originally posted by Giedi:
If that's true then hopefully the LAX incident gets thrown out, it kind of sounds like they don't have a leg to stand on anyway.

Well technical violations without intent usually are fines vs imprisonment. Given the facts currently known, I'd bet on something below a misdemeanor. It might involve community service and probation, but I'd be very surprised if it involved actual jail time.

And if Aldon's agent/lawyer team are really smart they try to come up with a way that his community service would be him being a TSA airport screener for a day. Aldon apologizes makes fun of himself and the situation and turns a negative to a positive.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
He still has to deal with the gun case and the dui case so I'm not sure how this will change Roger's train of thought. Personally I think a lot will come from Roger meeting with Aldon and talking to him. If he feels Aldon is being truthful and sincere I think he'll catch a 4 game suspension If not 6 games.

I think both cases have been combined if I'm not mistaken.
How can you combine two cases that happened at different times and were unrelated?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
He still has to deal with the gun case and the dui case so I'm not sure how this will change Roger's train of thought. Personally I think a lot will come from Roger meeting with Aldon and talking to him. If he feels Aldon is being truthful and sincere I think he'll catch a 4 game suspension If not 6 games.

I would think the conduct rule is where Goodell will base any ruling on. If there is no felony and only a misdemeanor or two - I'd say he might not even get suspended. His conduct at LA X doesn't really seem to be detrimental to the reputation of the NFL. Actually I think it humanizes them. The dui and guns - if the are misdemeanors might result in a suspenzion. But I don't see it being more than a game or two, in my opinion.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

What charge is below a misdemeanor in a criminal case?

I think, but I am not a lawyer, there are two options in a criminal case; felony and misdemeanor.

Am I mistaken again?

I think, but I am not a lawyer, there are two options in a criminal case; felony and misdemeanor.

Am I mistaken again?
No, your right. I'm pretty sure they aren't going to be able to charge him with anything because he was allowed to enter secured area after supposedly stating he had a bomb; if he really did have a bomb everyone in the airport would have been at risk and all we would be talking about is how stupid that TSA agent was for allowing him to enter the airport with a bomb.
  • Arson
  • Veteran

Am I mistaken again?

below a misdormeanor is a infraction.

• Arson
  • Veteran
OK. I have never made that much money.

Do you think he put 20K in cash or paid a just paid the bail bondsman?
I doubt he put up 20K in cash--but I have never been rich.

We should find out what is going to happen in LA soon.

He put up the whole 20k, why waste $1400-2000.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

When do the 49ers have to pick up his option or not? Once they do (if they do), he'll have a lot more resources to fight these charges.
  • buck
  • Veteran
below a misdormeanor is a infraction.

Aldon Smith was facing a misdemeanor or a felony charge in Los Angles--infractions have nothing to do with LA case against Aldon Smith.

An infraction is not a criminal offense. Infractions are petty offenses that are punishable by small fines only and cannot result in a jail or prison sentence.

There is no right to a jury trial in the case of an infraction. In a criminal case the accused has a right to a jury trial.

The most common infractions are violations of traffic laws and not covered by the penal code.
But, there are some traffic violations that can be misdemeanors or felonies.
[ Edited by buck on Apr 29, 2014 at 6:08 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran

You know what he did?

Where did you get that information?
  • Arson
  • Veteran
Aldon Smith was facing a misdemeanor or a felony charge in Los Angles--infractions have nothing to do with LA case against Aldon Smith.

An infraction is not a criminal offense. Infractions are petty offenses that are punishable by small fines only and cannot result in a jail or prison sentence.

There is no right to a jury trial in the case of an infraction. In a criminal case the accused has a right to a jury trial.

The most common infractions are violations of traffic laws and not covered by the penal code.
But, there are some traffic violations that can be misdemeanors or infractions.

He is only facing a misdermeanor as max in LA, if even charged at all, i put up the "infraction" because somebody asked what is less then a misdermeanor!!!
Share 49ersWebzone