There are 175 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by Hopper:
I still hope we pick up that fifth year option.

+1
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Giedi:
I'll just add, that the constitution itself doesn't really regulate speech, it's main purpose is to regulate government.

I wish more people could understand that. "Free Speech" when taken in a Constitutional/1st Amendment context refers strictly to government stifling free speech, it also does not allow for unlimited free speech. You can't falsely shout fire in a crowded theater, you can't incite a mob to violence, the 1st Amendment generally doesn't apply to private entities or private property....etc.

Exactly.

A little over four years ago one of my co-workers, a high-strung individual by nature, got stressed out on a busier than normal shift and made a comment about how he'd like to "come back with a gun and shoot up the place" to have an excuse for our product results being late for our clients. Well, that resulted in him being terminated, with a full report being made to the local police and a detailed report being outlined for HR. The company couldn't chance it being just a joke - liability is simply too great.

The issue is that people have said that stuff for decades and then the whacks started actually doing it. What was a joke became a reality. The only choice now is to believe everyone is capable.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

What I can't understand of #49ers Aldon Smith situation: he was allowed to gate area after making bomb threat to TSA that got him arrested?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Ian Williams just went off on twitter about all the fans and media talking s**t about his teammates

Somebody needs to send out a group message to the players and tell them all to be silent. Its going to be hard for the PR dept to clean up a mess when other players start chiming in. These guys should have a no social media clause in the contracts.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Jcool:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

What I can't understand of #49ers Aldon Smith situation: he was allowed to gate area after making bomb threat to TSA that got him arrested?

this fact really makes it appear to be harassment by the TSA
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

Thank you, Cam Inman. It only took 24 hours before one of these reporters noticed this.
Originally posted by boast:
this fact really makes it appear to be harassment by the TSA

ding ding ding
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

pretty damn good question
I bet Aldon never gets charged.
Originally posted by valrod33:
pretty damn good question

People here were asking that all of yesterday. Some tried to rationalize it by saying the TSA doesn't detain at security, they let the person walk to the gates so the police can sneak up on them....LOL...what utter b******t...TSA had it out for Aldon after he gave them attitude for "randomly" screening him.

Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:

I'm not worried about the charges. I'm worried about Goodell having enough justification to suspend the guy for a significant amount of time.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Apr 14, 2014 at 3:59 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Ian Williams just went off on twitter about all the fans and media talking s**t about his teammates

Simple solution, Ian: Stop breaking the frickin law!!!!!!!

While Aldon was getting arrested for the fortieth time, JJWatt was preparing to host his second annual JJWatt Charity Classic, which is a big event in Houston , donating money to local schools for after school programs. There are tons of good guys in the league doing great things off the field.

Why anyone on this board would support this loser at this point is shocking. Such is the blindness to team loyalty.

What do I tell my young boys about our team? I want my kids growing up cheering for great players who make you proud of your community, not a bunch of felons.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Apr 14, 2014 at 4:12 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I'm not worried about the charges. I'm worried about Goodell having enough justification to suspend the guy for a significant amount of time.

If there's no charges, I highly doubt Goodell will suspend him. Besides Goodell seemed to be pretty happy with the way the team handled Aldon's rehab last year. At this point I think our biggest worry is Aldon himself. He needs to realize that he's going to be held to very high standard and with each misstep, it'll only get higher.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Goodell likely wont even consider this if it really is just harassment or TSA dicks wanting publicity. Goodell still has to deal with appeal after appeal from the players association and incidents where no charges are filed typically arent referenced during his punishments.
[ Edited by 5280High on Apr 14, 2014 at 4:15 PM ]
Aldon might be the most gifted athlete we have but he sure is the dumbest
Share 49ersWebzone