There are 203 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
All I know is a team's "window" has officially closed when players start getting arrested!

i am more than concerned with what has taken place with our players but even i am not hysterical
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wailers15:
He will be suspended based off of his other pending legal issues, this is just hte cherry on the cake. Right now we have to assume he will not be starting the season playing for us.

if that is what it takes, than good. we will just fill in with the good players we have waiting in the wings and let the chips fall where they may,,,,,,, if your theory is correct
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
He will be suspended based off of his other pending legal issues, this is just hte cherry on the cake. Right now we have to assume he will not be starting the season playing for us.

Leonard Little, he had to kill somebody before the NFL suspended him for a significant amount of time. As long as Aldon doesn't do anything else that is stupid, he may not be suspended if he's lucky enough to plead all the felony charges down to misdemeanor or below.

Originally posted by Wikipedia:
Authorities said [Leonard] Little's blood alcohol level was nearly twice the legal limit.

The NFL suspended him for eight games, and he was charged with involuntary manslaughter. He plead guilty in June, and began serving a 90-day sentence in the city workhouse, and performing an assigned 1,000 hours of community service.
Incarcerated Bob IBN ‏@incarceratedbob 3m **BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source:49ers are seriously contemplating releasing Aldon Smith after another off-field issue. No decision yet but talks
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
How many charges can pile up for Aldon before he is suspended?

I would think a felony has to stick first in the legal system before Goodell would suspend. The NFL PA is a pretty powerful body and I don't think anything less than a Felony conviction would result in a significant suspension. I think the bomb threat can be pled down, I hope. The DUI can be pled down, I hope. The fact that he self suspended himself 5-ish games is also a consideration and on top of that he got help from a DUI clinic is a factor also. The NFL PA union will be the 49ers best friend in Cully and Aldon's case right now, and whoever else is going to be arrested. (I hope this is the end of it - Frankly I'm getting tired of these kinds of news stories).

I don't think anything stuck to Pacman Jones and he was suspend for a year.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I refuse to call Kilgore a dumbass. He was intoxicated, but he was literally walking down the street minding his own business.

What happened to kilgore?

Just that, "Drunk in Public."

I've seen cops arrest people walking out of a bar to a cab and give them a DIP.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Aldon...

Up for Dumbass of the Offseason Award...

1. Chris Culliver
2. Aldon Smith
3 Kaep/Patton
4. Daniel Kilgore

I refuse to call Kilgore a dumbass. He was intoxicated, but he was literally walking down the street minding his own business.

I'd rate the dumbass scale like this:

1. Culliver
2. Smith
3. Kilgore

I don't know why Kaepernick would be on the scale at all. Having a few drinks in your up-scale hotel room with two friends? Whatever. A young woman comes over to party with you and your friends? Whatever. She passes out and they call 911? No problem there. I still don't see what the problem is with Kaepernick.
Dick Sherman is laughing at all of you.
Originally posted by NinerGod:

And I care because?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Incarcerated Bob IBN ‏@incarceratedbob 3m **BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source:49ers are seriously contemplating releasing Aldon Smith after another off-field issue. No decision yet but talks

not gonna happen

Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by NinerGod:

And I care because?

Because?
Originally posted by cciowa:
thats why its upsetting our guys are putting ourselves in these types of spots knowing they will attract the media, add to that we are a high profile team with a high profile coach,, well there you go

Do you think our players get mentored on a continual basis?

I mean brass knuckles and the gun thing are not slip-ups in the classic sense like getting loaded.

If they aren't - they should.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by midrdan:
Not sure the latest incident was alcohol related.

Aldon is an idiot for what he did at LAX, but it's actually pretty common. People that are traveling are often rushed, anxious, and tired. I've seen a 75 year old white woman do the same thing Aldon did, and get detained. It's not smart, but it's not felony gun charges or DUI. We don't even know what he said. I mean, if the TSA stops you for secondary screening and you reply, "Is that necessary? It's not like I have a bomb or something" then all the TSA hears is "bomb" and you're detained. They are trained to arrest first and ask questions later because no one wants to be the person responsible for actually letting a guy on a plane with a bomb.

Agree. It is a $250,000 fine to copy DVD's and Blue Ray movies according to the Digital Millienium Rights act - which is federal law, but I've yet to see single person downloading illegal MP3 songs and copying blue ray movies and paying anything close to that amount. I've seen fines as high as a couple of thousand dollars and that's about it. I think one Grandma was hit with a $40,000 penalty for her daughters activities but that was appealed and I lost track of that case. Felonies require jury trial and that's why sometimes the Fed's don't want jury trial (and plead down) because they will find out some of these laws are so ridiculous that when 12 ordinary citizens look at it, that they will make a mockery of their stupid federal statutes.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Leonard Little, he had to kill somebody before the NFL suspended him for a significant amount of time. As long as Aldon doesn't do anything else that is stupid, he may not be suspended if he's lucky enough to plead all the felony charges down to misdemeanor or below.

Originally posted by Wikipedia:
Authorities said [Leonard] Little's blood alcohol level was nearly twice the legal limit.

The NFL suspended him for eight games, and he was charged with involuntary manslaughter. He plead guilty in June, and began serving a 90-day sentence in the city workhouse, and performing an assigned 1,000 hours of community service.

but that was before the reign of Roger
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Another IncarceratedBob classic, he pulls something out of his ass, and whether it does or doesn't happen, he says "I brought it to you first."
Share 49ersWebzone