LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by Broseph6:
Niners were granted one week roster exemption for aldon smith.... Per Balke 95.7 the game. Might not be back as soon as we thought
Yeah but, since this week is a bye it seems like a one week exemption has almost zero consequence. I don't think it will delay his return at all.

there is absolutely no reason not to play him against Carolina. He's served his sentence with the niners, he's getting paid to play and we need a pass rush. Especially against Newton. He's gonna play.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Aldon's coming back!

*Fires shots in the air*

Oh wait, probably not a good idea.

Originally posted by eonblue:
My point was not to compare me with Aldon. I know it came off that way though and that was my fault.

One. Smith got out on bail for the DUI before California law allowed it.

Second. Smith had weed he was not charged for.

Three. Smith had illegal firearms he wasn't charged for at least 2 years. Yes there may have beem some legal semantics involved but the fact the charges were filed after the DUI leads me to] believe they were shelved because of his status but became undeniable after his latest mix up with the law.

Four. He had to turn himself for the charges which implies he had a warrant out for his arrest. If you have a warrant out for your arrest on weapons charges the police come get you regardless of rehab. In fact the courts knew where he was at. The rehab was not court mandated either so they have.no legal obligation to allow him to finish. They certainly don't have to wait for him to get good and ready to turn himself in.

Five. Do you really think the state of Cali lets felony charges slide for 2 years for every person? I bet any normal person would've been booked the day of.

I just don't see how anyone can possibly think Smith was the victim in these situations. Please don't think Im trying to make him out to be a bad person. Im glad it worked out this way from a fan standpoint. Its just very hard for me to believe the scales of justice haven't been tipped in Smiths favor. My logical side just can't wrap my head around.

one: already covered

two: you saw the weed? because I didn't. Cops never said there was weed. The team never acknowledged there was weed. Fact is, the only people saying there was weed are members of the same jounalistically challenged media saying that Harbaugh was going to Miami. Florio never checks his facts or recants false statements, and he's been driving the weed thing, Just like he kept saying that Brooks beat up Divens so he could drive drunk, even though it was plain from all accounts that Brooks was already home and just wanted his keys back.

Three: Those gun charges are crap. Every law expert asked about it has indicated that citizens are rarely ever charged in these cases, and that Aldon was likely charged because the DA was under fire for seeming overly-leniant to celebs, including Brooks. Furthermore, it has been stated NUMEROUS times by law experts that DAs overcharge deliberately in these cases, hoping for a more favorable plea deal, and that these cases never are intended to go to court, or to be prosecuted as charged.

Four: It is no big deal to schedule your surrender to the authorities. Arranging a time to turn yourself in is mutually beneficial, as the susoect can arrange to have bail paid so they gain immediate release, and the authorities do not pick up bad will in the community by abrupyly interrupting daily life. Crying kids looks bad to everyone. This is not a celebrity courtesy; this is available to many suspects who are not violent, dnagerous, or a flight risk.

Five: return to Three. The charges are for the DA to save face. They didn't charge him earlier, because they normally dont charge in these cases. They didn't even tell him he did anything wrong. Remember: They found some weapons the first time they searched his house, and they had scheduled the search with him (he was the victim first). If he had known the guns were illegal, they would not have been in the house when they searched. They returned for a second scheduled search and found an additional rifle, which should lead one to believe that they never even told him that the previous guns were illegal in CA. Obviously, private gun ownership by non-violent citizens is not a big deal to law enforcement. I've seen cops fire illegal weapons. They don't care. The who is much more important than the what to them.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm with Boner, he needs to play. It'll be good therapy for him, too.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 2, 2013 at 8:01 AM ]
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by eonblue:
My point was not to compare me with Aldon. I know it came off that way though and that was my fault.

One. Smith got out on bail for the DUI before California law allowed it.

Second. Smith had weed he was not charged for.

Three. Smith had illegal firearms he wasn't charged for at least 2 years. Yes there may have beem some legal semantics involved but the fact the charges were filed after the DUI leads me to] believe they were shelved because of his status but became undeniable after his latest mix up with the law.

Four. He had to turn himself for the charges which implies he had a warrant out for his arrest. If you have a warrant out for your arrest on weapons charges the police come get you regardless of rehab. In fact the courts knew where he was at. The rehab was not court mandated either so they have.no legal obligation to allow him to finish. They certainly don't have to wait for him to get good and ready to turn himself in.

Five. Do you really think the state of Cali lets felony charges slide for 2 years for every person? I bet any normal person would've been booked the day of.

I just don't see how anyone can possibly think Smith was the victim in these situations. Please don't think Im trying to make him out to be a bad person. Im glad it worked out this way from a fan standpoint. Its just very hard for me to believe the scales of justice haven't been tipped in Smiths favor. My logical side just can't wrap my head around.

one: already covered

two: you saw the weed? because I didn't. Cops never said there was weed. The team never acknowledged there was weed. Fact is, the only people saying there was weed are members of the same jounalistically challenged media saying that Harbaugh was going to Miami. Florio never checks his facts or recants false statements, and he's been driving the weed thing, Just like he kept saying that Brooks beat up Divens so he could drive drunk, even though it was plain from all accounts that Brooks was already home and just wanted his keys back.

Three: Those gun charges are crap. Every law expert asked about it has indicated that citizens are rarely ever charged in these cases, and that Aldon was likely charged because the DA was under fire for seeming overly-leniant to celebs, including Brooks. Furthermore, it has been stated NUMEROUS times by law experts that DAs overcharge deliberately in these cases, hoping for a more favorable plea deal, and that these cases never are intended to go to court, or to be prosecuted as charged.

Four: It is no big deal to schedule your surrender to the authorities. Arranging a time to turn yourself in is mutually beneficial, as the susoect can arrange to have bail paid so they gain immediate release, and the authorities do not pick up bad will in the community by abrupyly interrupting daily life. Crying kids looks bad to everyone. This is not a celebrity courtesy; this is available to many suspects who are not violent, dnagerous, or a flight risk.

Five: return to Three. The charges are for the DA to save face. They didn't charge him earlier, because they normally dont charge in these cases. They didn't even tell him he did anything wrong. Remember: They found some weapons the first time they searched his house, and they had scheduled the search with him (he was the victim first). If he had known the guns were illegal, they would not have been in the house when they searched. They returned for a second scheduled search and found an additional rifle, which should lead one to believe that they never even told him that the previous guns were illegal in CA. Obviously, private gun ownership by non-violent citizens is not a big deal to law enforcement. I've seen cops fire illegal weapons. They don't care. The who is much more important than the what to them.

Good responses! Too many assumptions being made sans facts. It's easier for media to print rumors than it is to research and come up with the truth. I'm not saying Aldon should get a pass, I'm saying I have no evidence he has been treated preferentially. Would it shock me if he had/has been treated preferentially? Not at all, I wasn't born yesterday.
Over/under 15 sacks with 8 games left
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Over
Originally posted by mayo49:

Over

Yes, either over or under...probably not 15 exactly.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Over

Damn I hope so that would mean he is beasting.
it would be funny if he broke the sack record after missing that many games like rice broke the receiving TD record in a strike year

Exactly 15
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

Exactly 15

Yup
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I say under. maybe 10, tops.
He cut his hair..... He's a changed man!
Originally posted by AlohaBruh:
He cut his hair..... He's a changed man!

Where did you see this?
Share 49ersWebzone