LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 296 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by Mankster:
I reckon the DUI will stick this time. Since his last go round did not result in a DUI being recorded on his record, this will be his 'first.' That means, a mandatory 96 hours in jail. Now...perhaps even that gets waived in light of his voluntary rehab. Who knows? What is relevant (to the team), is that this will not be a distraction during this season or next.

As far as the weapons charges go...I believe those are going to go bye bye. I think it's been referenced in here before, but this article really puts the charges in perspective. http://www.ajc.com/feed/sports/dubious-felony-weapons-charges-act-as-leverage/fWJth/

Let's just hope he has learned his lesson and matured some from this experience!

I don't know anyone who has spent 96 hours in jail after a DUI. When my best friend got his it was about 1am and I picked him up at the jail around noon the next day.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I reckon the DUI will stick this time. Since his last go round did not result in a DUI being recorded on his record, this will be his 'first.' That means, a mandatory 96 hours in jail. Now...perhaps even that gets waived in light of his voluntary rehab. Who knows? What is relevant (to the team), is that this will not be a distraction during this season or next.

As far as the weapons charges go...I believe those are going to go bye bye. I think it's been referenced in here before, but this article really puts the charges in perspective. http://www.ajc.com/feed/sports/dubious-felony-weapons-charges-act-as-leverage/fWJth/

Let's just hope he has learned his lesson and matured some from this experience!

I don't know anyone who has spent 96 hours in jail after a DUI. When my best friend got his it was about 1am and I picked him up at the jail around noon the next day.

I've had many friends spend multiple days in jail for DUI depending on the day of the week and how busy the judge is.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
that is for normal people,, i would never see the light of day

You are pretty normal. I think you would get out.

When I was in high school, I got sentenced to jail time.

I was let out in the morning to go to school and had to back at the jail 45 minutes after school ended.

That was the only time in my young and dumb life that I appreciated high school.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by csjwilkinson:
$75,000 bail? Yeah, if it were me, I'd still be in jail.

There's no way I could afford that.

If you can not come up with 10% ($7,500), you would still be in jail. That is true and it does happen.

But if you have lived in a community for a time, have a job, and no serious criminal history, you would normally be released on OR--own recognizance.
it's actually 5% so 3750$ you would need
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
I've had many friends spend multiple days in jail for DUI depending on the day of the week and how busy the judge is.

I remember that. The idea was not to get busted on Friday. If you did, you spent the whole weekend in jail.

I have done that--not for DUI. I have never been busted for any driving violation. I take those laws seriously.
[ Edited by buck on Nov 1, 2013 at 9:36 AM ]

I think my ex was in 2 days when she got hers. But yeah I know several people who have gotten one and none of them have spent close to 96 hours.

over here they let you out after the drunk tank (6-8 hours) then let you go. Court is scheduled for a later date. My cousin is about to finish up his second DUI. i know all the info from talking to him.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

over here they let you out after the drunk tank (6-8 hours) then let you go. Court is scheduled for a later date. My cousin is about to finish up his second DUI. i know all the info from talking to him.

Same here pretty much. One of my friends boyfriends got one and I picked him up about 2 hours later. That was one of those cases when he wasn't even over the legal limit but the cop was being a prick.
  • buck
  • Veteran

If it is 5%, I have been cheated many times in various states--South Dakota, Virginia, Oregon, and California.

edit: How does Bail Work in California

http://www.wklaw.com/how-to-post-bail/
[ Edited by buck on Nov 1, 2013 at 9:53 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran

The article talked about time for a conviction--a mandatory sentence after conviction, not the time it takes to be released from jail after an arrest.

The article talked about time for a conviction--a mandatory sentence after conviction, not the time it takes to be released from jail after an arrest.

Even so they always get off for time served. I don't know anyone who had to go back to jail after a conviction of DUI. It's the usual restricted license (work and school), education program, fines, and sometimes breathalyzer in your car.

If it is 5%, I have been cheated many times in various states--South Dakota, Virginia, Oregon, and California.

It's 10% in Santa Clara county.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Even so they always get off for time served. I don't know anyone who had to go back to jail after a conviction of DUI. It's the usual restricted license (work and school), education program, fines, and sometimes breathalyzer in your car.

That sounds right, but the laws on DUI keep getting more draconian .

edit: How does Bail Work in California

http://www.wklaw.com/how-to-post-bail/
they must have changed it ? looks like the lowest is 7% according to Bad Boys Bail in San Jose
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Nov 1, 2013 at 10:42 AM ]
do you guys think aldon smith might just be a 3rd down pass rush guy for the rest of the season and maybe replace kyle williams as punt returner?

is williams getting benched for sure?
Share 49ersWebzone