There are 228 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Muggins:
I haven't kept close tabs on this but is it possible the NFL suspends him for a period of time?

possible, yes. Wouldn't expect it to be more than a game or two though. Goddell was happy to see Aldon and the 9ers handle it in house without the nfl having to step in. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get suspended at all.

It should be an interesting decision by Goodell: his job is not to be judge and jury, but Aldons offenses could warrant disciplinary action

I guess it'll be a 1 game suspension.

Did you not hear what Goodell has said about this issue ?

Sounded like he could not suspend him at all...i will be surprised if he did
LOL i dont know about that. He will still get suspended but it will probably be like 1-2 games
I haven't kept close tabs on this but is it possible the NFL suspends him for a period of time?

possible, yes. Wouldn't expect it to be more than a game or two though. Goddell was happy to see Aldon and the 9ers handle it in house without the nfl having to step in. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get suspended at all.

It should be an interesting decision by Goodell: his job is not to be judge and jury, but Aldons offenses could warrant disciplinary action

I did hear Goodsll's comments. He said the rehab would be taken into account, and he was encouraged by Aldon and the niners. The fact remains that Alson is now a repeat offender and there was drugs in the car...

The 1 game suspension is obviously speculation, I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me.
Welcome back Aldon!!!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Welcome back Aldon!!!

pretty sure he's not a member.

wow, this is awkward.
Originally posted by valrod33:

LOL i dont know about that. He will still get suspended but it will probably be like 1-2 games
Why would that happen?

I did hear Goodsll's comments. He said the rehab would be taken into account, and he was encouraged by Aldon and the niners. The fact remains that Alson is now a repeat offender and there was drugs in the car...

The 1 game suspension is obviously speculation, I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me.

I think he will get a small suspension next year. Also the drugs were non issue because he wasn't charged for that.
I didn't know Aldon still leads the team in sacks, lol
Have to be a member to get in these now. Been reading your guys niner knowledge for a long time. That being said The Beast is back! Go NINERS!!

He didn't say just rehab would be taken into account. He said the time missed voluntarily would be taken into account. So basically if they were going to suspend him for 5 or less games, they probably won't suspend him. Just take the money he deserves to lose for missing those games.
Originally posted by verb1der:
I didn't know Aldon still leads the team in sacks, lol

Lol :(

Only prescription drugs so nothing illegal or performance enhancing so I don't think its anything he can get disciplined for.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
He didn't say just rehab would be taken into account. He said the time missed voluntarily would be taken into account. So basically if they were going to suspend him for 5 or less games, they probably won't suspend him. Just take the money he deserves to lose for missing those games.

I wonder if that's why the team gave him his full pay for the games he missed?
Originally posted by 9erReign:

To all the know it alls who said he wouldn't play again this season...

[ Edited by 24plus25er on Oct 31, 2013 at 3:21 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone