LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Wow, Aldon and Delanie almost died.

No crap. Man, I learned at a really early age that any party you have at your own house you don't let anyone in that you don't know other than hot hoes. The one time I let my guard down was on my 23'rd birthday. We let 3 friends of friends in and guess what, they stole one of the half empty kegs after the party died down. Fortunately my brother and his friend were still awake and realized it a bit later after they left. The dudes came back a couple hours later for the other keg and were met on the deck by some people who were really happy to see them get greedy .

Next morning we found a knife the dude dropped and heard that he tried to get a gun from a friend and come back after he got his ass kicked on our deck. Never let people you don't know into your house for a party.
[ Edited by Disp on Oct 11, 2013 at 12:05 PM ]
Originally posted by Heed49er:
Originally posted by real9erfan:
I think we all agree that Aldon did a stupid thing. But saying he shot his gun in the air to threaten people in a neighborhood totally mischaracterizes what happens. I do think he bears the responsibility of having a party to which gang members showed up, but you're framing it as if there is no context and he just decided to shoot a gun in the air like a maniac just to threaten the peaceful people in the neighborhood. That is not what happened. And trying to essentially brush off the shootings into his garage is totally unreasonable. I believe I would feel quite threatened if someone shot into my garage. Aldon fired a gun once into the air to try to get gun-brandishing gang members to leave his house. Yes the entire thing was irresponsible and stupid, and should never have happened. But you are creating an intent with Aldon that simply isn't there.

I get that he wanted people to leave his home (that they paid him money to be at).

The bad element at this party already used their guns with little regard for anyone. Can you tell me Smith firing into the air is going to make them decide to pack it in & go home?

Like I said, what Aldon did was stupid, but based on the information, his intent was not to hurt anyone. I hold him responsible for throwing such a party, and he is ultimately responsible for the type of guests he has in his home (whether or not they paid a cover charge). But I don't think anyone can prove that he had the intent to harm anyone. And the illegal assault weapons he had were found as a consequence of the investigation into the events that night. The weapons played no part in the actual incidents. In fact, Aldon's attorney may try to get those weapons thrown out by claiming a violation of the 4th amendment by police officers. In the end, the likelihood is that there will be a plea agreement and Aldon will get some probation.
So any guesses when the next time Aldon will be on the field is?
Originally posted by Sf49ers220:

After the bye week. I doubt they let him go to europe...haha way too many temptations. They have booze and Mcdonalds for god's sake haha
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Sf49ers220:

After the bye week. I doubt they let him go to europe...haha way too many temptations. They have booze and Mcdonalds for god's sake haha

Temptations..you say

if he stays then the cat is away....
Aldon is All Done...wish he was All In.

Nah, just kidding...it will all work out for him/us eventually. Thanks Marv for the good read/reference.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Really? THAT is your response?

You are correct about the order of events, but in your initial post you still were making this out as different isolated incidents...like a crime spree. The article you just linked proves MY point more than it proves yours...He was defending himself from people he didn't want at the party and got stabbed for his trouble. When the police arrived, they found the illegal firearms.

He still wasn't stabbed at a bar as you said. He still didn't fire AT people as you said. According to your OWN LINK he fired ONCE into the air after shots had already been fired. So..gratz...you're correct he wasn't stabbed before he got his gun. No, he was SHOT AT.

SMDH.

That is my response. I went back to read the article because you so desperately wanted me to "pay attention".

Sorry he wasn't at a bar, it was just his house that he tried to make into a bar.

Shooting into the air to threaten people in a neighborhood is WAY better than shooting AT people. Unless there's someone at the location where his warning shot came back down.
His garage got shot, not him. If Smith getting his office pop on isn't shooting AT people than someone shooting his garage isn't him getting shot at. I'm sure he's not sporting a one car garage that needs to be manually opened.
You asked if I knew his BAC when he fired his gun & I don't. Neither do you. I bet he was closer to drunk than sober, though.
I'm confused how 2 DUIs & a weapons charge from an illegal party (CA does have liquor licenses, yes?) doesn't equal a pattern of crimes. He didn't do it all in one night so it's not a "spree" - he just keeps doing stupid & illegal crap repeatedly.

This dude can literally do almost anything he wants with his free time & so far it's populating the NFL's bad kid list.

He's a talent like LT was a talent, I just hope he doesn't wind up like LT off the field.

I think we all agree that Aldon did a stupid thing. But saying he shot his gun in the air to threaten people in a neighborhood totally mischaracterizes what happens. I do think he bears the responsibility of having a party to which gang members showed up, but you're framing it as if there is no context and he just decided to shoot a gun in the air like a maniac just to threaten the peaceful people in the neighborhood. That is not what happened. And trying to essentially brush off the shootings into his garage is totally unreasonable. I believe I would feel quite threatened if someone shot into my garage. Aldon fired a gun once into the air to try to get gun-brandishing gang members to leave his house. Yes the entire thing was irresponsible and stupid, and should never have happened. But you are creating an intent with Aldon that simply isn't there.

Bingo.

I get that he wanted people to leave his home (that they paid him money to be at).

The bad element at this party already used their guns with little regard for anyone. Can you tell me Smith firing into the air is going to make them decide to pack it in & go home?

Like I said, what Aldon did was stupid, but based on the information, his intent was not to hurt anyone. I hold him responsible for throwing such a party, and he is ultimately responsible for the type of guests he has in his home (whether or not they paid a cover charge). But I don't think anyone can prove that he had the intent to harm anyone. And the illegal assault weapons he had were found as a consequence of the investigation into the events that night. The weapons played no part in the actual incidents. In fact, Aldon's attorney may try to get those weapons thrown out by claiming a violation of the 4th amendment by police officers. In the end, the likelihood is that there will be a plea agreement and Aldon will get some probation.

Again...Bingo.

My issue all along with Heed49ers post have been that they somehow laid out a crime spree as if he were just walking down a random street shooting a gun at people and getting stabbed in random locations.

They were all connected.

He was foolish to try to break up the party the way he did. Nobody is arguing that. He should have called the police. The weapon he fired ONCE in the air AFTER he'd been SHOT AT was a weapon he owned LEGALLY. He didn't bust out the sniper rifle and start targeting people on the street.

Aldon has been childish and immature. There is no question about that...but CONTEXT plays a part in all this. THAT has been my point from the beginning.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Oct 11, 2013 at 3:27 PM ]

Again...Bingo.

My issue all along with Heed49ers post have been that they somehow laid out a crime spree as if he were just walking down a random street shooting a gun at people and getting stabbed in random locations.

They were all connected.

He was foolish to try to break up the party the way he did. Nobody is arguing that. He should have called the police. The weapon he fired ONCE in the air AFTER he'd been SHOT AT was a weapon he owned LEGALLY. He didn't bust out the sniper rifle and start targeting people on the street.

Aldon has been childish and immature. There is no question about that...but CONTEXT plays a part in all this. THAT has been my point from the beginning.

I see people all the time that have committed crimes or broken the law. In most cases they are people who were immature and did something stupid, for which they ultimately paid the price. Because I work in immigration law, the people I see are usually immigrants being placed in removal proceedings and have limited forms of relief available because of their criminal backgrounds. Sometimes I just want to knock some sense into them and ask how they could have been so foolish. But for the most part they are not bad people. Just people who were immature at one point and decided to do something stupid, or were around the wrong people. I tend to look at Aldon this way. He isn't a bad person. He just did some dumb things because of his immaturity and is now paying the price. But based on my experience with these matters, I strongly believe that they will have him plead down to a misdemeanor and he will get some form of probation. His career is definitely not over, and he will play again for the Niners, most likely later this season.
Again...Bingo.

They were all connected.

But, but, Aldon also teases special ed children, and kicks puppies he is pure evil with the intent to do nothing but destruction.

LOL should we cut ties with Aldon Smith? WTF? Umm how about f**k no
Anyways, is Aldon going to have to serve time in prison for the felony charge or is he most likely to just pay a fine and serve probation or something? What are the realistic expectations for him returning to the field?
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

No way we part ways with him, provided Aldon makes the necessary changes to his lifestyle. I like what Stephen A. had to say. He was able to step back and rationalize the situation instead of going off emotion like so many.

Aldon and the 49ers took the unprecedented step of him leaving the team to solve his problems, and the 49ers are still paying him when they didn't have to. That shows the 49ers are supportive of him, and Aldon is serious about making changes.

all 31 nfl teams will banging down his door trying to get him

That dude is a f**king walking stereotype. Can't stand his ass.
Share 49ersWebzone