LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Stallworth and Leonard Little killed cats driving drunk, I think Aldon can bounce back from this. Jed is on his Ra's al Ghul on this one, trust me.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Heed49er:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
For real?

Stabbed at a club.
DUI in a school zone hours before practice.
Discharging firearms at a party while drunk.

If he wasn't famous he'd be in prison.

Stabbed at his house
LOL School Zone, oh ok
Oh you know his BAC when he fired?

Sorry I didn't memorize his GTA spree.

Here's the salient points:
Stabbed
DUIs plural
Shooting at people.

Are you saying he was sober at this party when he shot at people? Is that supposed to be better or worse?

What I'm saying is that he was stabbed at his party and DEFENDED HIMSELF by firing into the AIR. Cause and effect. Not an isolated incident. That isn't even disputed. He didn't shoot AT anyone. He SHOULD have called the police, but it isn't the crime spree you are making it out to be.

Why are these charges about possession and not about assault? The police considered his actions SELF DEFENSE.

Again. Pay attention.

Please someone refresh my memory, because its a bit foggy. I thought the stabbing was a seperate incident, not the same night of the party? or am i mistaken on that. I had kind of purged this stuff from my memory bank, purposely. I remember their being a bar altercation or something like that?

He also had the incident where he was the passenger in a car crash, dunno if the driver was drunk or not.

You are mistaken.

Essentially...

Aldon and Delanie had a party with a cover charge.
"Unwanted" guests arrived and started trouble.
Aldon tried to get them to leave and was stabbed.
Instead of calling the police, the young and foolish Aldon Smith got his gun and fired it into the air to clear the crowd.
People on the other side of the street firewd back and hit 2 people at the party (and those 2 have since sued).
When the police arrived, they found illegal firearms at Aldons house.

Thanks for clarification. Am i mistaken that there was indeed a bar altercation at some point? I could have swore there was a bar fight of some sort at some time.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
For real?

Stabbed at a club.
DUI in a school zone hours before practice.
Discharging firearms at a party while drunk.

If he wasn't famous he'd be in prison.

Stabbed at his house
LOL School Zone, oh ok
Oh you know his BAC when he fired?

Sorry I didn't memorize his GTA spree.

Here's the salient points:
Stabbed
DUIs plural
Shooting at people.

Are you saying he was sober at this party when he shot at people? Is that supposed to be better or worse?

What I'm saying is that he was stabbed at his party and DEFENDED HIMSELF by firing into the AIR. Cause and effect. Not an isolated incident. That isn't even disputed. He didn't shoot AT anyone. He SHOULD have called the police, but it isn't the crime spree you are making it out to be.

Why are these charges about possession and not about assault? The police considered his actions SELF DEFENSE.

Again. Pay attention.

Please someone refresh my memory, because its a bit foggy. I thought the stabbing was a seperate incident, not the same night of the party? or am i mistaken on that. I had kind of purged this stuff from my memory bank, purposely. I remember their being a bar altercation or something like that?

He also had the incident where he was the passenger in a car crash, dunno if the driver was drunk or not.

You are mistaken.

Essentially...

Aldon and Delanie had a party with a cover charge.
"Unwanted" guests arrived and started trouble.
Aldon tried to get them to leave and was stabbed.
Instead of calling the police, the young and foolish Aldon Smith got his gun and fired it into the air to clear the crowd.
People on the other side of the street firewd back and hit 2 people at the party (and those 2 have since sued).
When the police arrived, they found illegal firearms at Aldons house.

Thanks for clarification. Am i mistaken that there was indeed a bar altercation at some point? I could have swore there was a bar fight of some sort at some time.

Not as far as I know.
Here is an example for those that may not understand how draconian CA laws can be.

CA compliant AK grip

Non compliant AK Grip.

There are also internal parts that must be in compliance as well if the "assault rifle" is an import. It must have so many american made parts for it to be legal. But the majority of parts that must be in compliance are parts that are very visually identified.
What you say is partly true.

The AK has to have (I believe 13 American parts) in order to have a magazine with a capacity greater than 10, however this is fderal law.

In California the only outright banned accessoryb is a flash hider. That AK you showed with the grips has to have a magazine lock, it can not he changed with the push of a finger. Also the collapsible stock can not drop the overall length below 30in while still functional.

From what I read early on(may not he accurate) is he was in violation of not having a magazine lock. Every otherr teature was good, and the model was not specifically banned.

And the t all earlier was correct. You can buy long guns in other states as long as the person's home state allows it. But
Federal law does not allow handguns to he sold that way.
He was stabbed at his party and DEFENDED HIMSELF by firing into the AIR. Cause and effect. Not an isolated incident. That isn't even disputed. He didn't shoot AT anyone. He SHOULD have called the police, but it isn't the crime spree you are making it out to be.

Again. Pay attention.

good thing it didnt happen in Florida where that woman was given 20 years for firing a warning shot in the air as self defense.

It seems like it is a wobbler case for Aldon where it can go in a misdemeanor or felony direction, California doesnt seem to have a fixed sentence like NY does for similar gun charges (Plax)

I'm not sure that story was ever confirmed
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
What you say is partly true.

The AK has to have (I believe 13 American parts) in order to have a magazine with a capacity greater than 10, however this is fderal law.

In California the only outright banned accessoryb is a flash hider. That AK you showed with the grips has to have a magazine lock, it can not he changed with the push of a finger. Also the collapsible stock can not drop the overall length below 30in while still functional.

From what I read early on(may not he accurate) is he was in violation of not having a magazine lock. Every otherr teature was good, and the model was not specifically banned.

And the t all earlier was correct. You can buy long guns in other states as long as the person's home state allows it. But

Thanks for the info, like i said, been awhile since i was in CA, and never had to really deal with the laws.

Yea i knew the compliance parts for imports was a federal thing, not sure why i included that in my post, was just trying to show how crazy gun laws can be i guess.

Thanks for the info on the lack of a mag latch and the gun model not being specificly banned.

As to the bold, are you sure its the persons home state and not the state where the purchase occurs? I was under the impression that for long guns it was up to the states, but that pistols must be transfered through a FFL into the customers state. How would a state ban its resident from purchasing a long gun while in another state?
Originally posted by lamontb:

I'm not sure that story was ever confirmed

But their was a story at some point? I could have swore their was?

ETA: found this, looks like it was just rumors.
http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/11/1/3587074/aldon-smith-jumped-outside-bar-tweet-news
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Oct 10, 2013 at 7:41 PM ]

http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/11/1/3587074/aldon-smith-jumped-outside-bar-tweet-news

Found a link. It was reported he got into a fight last year during the bye week. But it was never confirmed
Originally posted by lamontb:

Found a link. It was reported he got into a fight last year during the bye week. But it was never confirmed

yea, i just edited my last post. Thanks for looking as well.
LOL he got the Shawn Michaels treatment.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
LOL he got the Shawn Michaels treatment.

Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Statue of limitations

Someone is trying their hardest to get him....couldn't find something concrete at first

i will say, with the decisions he makes , he makes a pretty inviting and easy target

According to the article above, the DA may have attached those felony gun charges to the DUI charges in order to gain leverage on a plea agreement for the DUI. It will be hard for the DA to prove his case because those gun charges are specific intent crimes, which means they would have to prove that Aldon went to AZ with the specific intent to purchase weapons in violation of CA law. That will be difficult to prove given that Aldon went to AZ because the Niners had a game there.

I knew the DA had to be an idiot.

Aldon planned the whole "professional football player" career stuff, just so he could fly to Arizona and buy guns.
Share 49ersWebzone