LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 133 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by real9erfan:
Correct, there is no legal issue with firing a gun in the air on his property, especially if he felt threatened and was defending himself. The issue is indeed about the compliance of the weapon. I just don't understand why he needed that assault rifle. It's plain stupid. These kids need to think before acting and just consider how their actions might affect their lives, their careers, and their teams. I appreciate that Aldon hasn't done anything stupid since that time, and that may be something that goes in his favor when the DA considers pressing charges. But getting these assault rifles and holding a party in his home for gangster thugs was just plain stupid.

I agree, I am Canadian so pretty much anti-gun. Don't see the need for assault rifles, etc.

So if what you say is true that the only legal issue is the compliance then this really is nothing more than a pain in the ass for Aldon. He should have known the laws when purchasing the guns so should have had them modified to comply. If the DA presses charges I can't see it being anything more than a misdemeanor. Felony would be a huge stretch.

The civil case will just be something he has to deal with.

But I don't see this coming down as something he could be suspended for. Suspending him cause he owned a gun that had a removable clip when it shouldn't would be ridiculous.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Krapt! This is just crummy, regardless of what the facts are, because if some deputy DA wants to make a big name for himself, well, he can do it. I would guess, Jed, trent, JH have all looked into this by now, talked with Aldon, and hopefully they with the DA can come to a decision that perhaps ends up being informative to the younger crowd, and makes them much more aware of the guns issue. As a hunter since age 6, and no stranger to guns, I hate when somebody has an issue, and wrecks any and everything in trying to promote that agenda. Sure guns are a bad idea in non-responsible person's hands. But that doesn't mean anyone who has a gun is a bad person. True, some bad persons do own guns. I seriously dispute Aldon is one of those guys. Hopefully , this blows over. At the least, Aldon needs to do some self re-assessment with his gun penchant.

He has completed his own self assessment and this is exactly why we haven't heard a peep out of him since. He said as much before camp broke last offseason! This is just a dustup that will blow over in time.
Aldon Reminds me of Kenny Britt. Not a bad guy, comes off well in interviews , coaches and teamates like him ect. But Just coming in the lg sooooo young and immature and given millions of dollars with lots of free time is a dangerous recipe for guys like them.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Aldon got a little bit of Hernandez in him. This is very troubling. Why can't he just stay out of trouble and play ball?

Not even close. Hernandez killed someone and possibly more than one. Hernandez knew what he was doing was horrific. Aldon might not have known that his gun wasnt compliant with California law. Might as well compare his dui to murder while you're at it.
Originally posted by natrone06:
Aldon Reminds me of Kenny Britt. Not a bad guy, comes off well in interviews , coaches and teamates like him ect. But Just coming in the lg sooooo young and immature and given millions of dollars with lots of free time is a dangerous recipe for guys like them.

Where is Aldons father? I wonder if he is around to help guide his son.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

thats racist
*Aldon gets X amount of game suspensions*

Our opponents -

*Lemonier proceeds to light it up in Aldons place*

Our opponents pre-sack-

Opponents bench post-sack -
Originally posted by RonMexico:

thats racist

Not my intent but oftentimes we get an influx of players in this league that need guidance as to what to do and who to do it with. Sometimes this is born of being raised in a single parent home or in a rough neighborhood. Then the organization and other veteran players are forced to be part time parents and / or mentors because the young player lacked guidance growing up or even is dealing with the absence of it now. A grounded father in the lives of these young men can make a good bit of a difference in keeping these players grounded and out of trouble. No matter the players race the lack of having proper male mentors can have a negative impact on the individual. I would have to believe that with my own son through years of counseling him and being there for him he would have that trust in me and my guidance in leading him away from trouble and ensuring that he is prepared to optimize his career and leave the game physically and fiscally fit. Not saying this is Aldon but just asking because it seemed he needed an involved father last offseason before this mess happened
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Sep 5, 2013 at 1:14 PM ]
The lawsuit claims Smith and Walker fired shots at people at the party and that they knew the handguns were illegally possessed. It goes on to claim the person was shot twice and suffered permanent damage.

I guess the question should be whether or not that person can claim they were shot and whether or not they can claim it was from guns used by Smith and Walker.
Should have kept Cam! LOL

Originally posted by DrHawkingThe12th:
The lawsuit claims Smith and Walker fired shots at people at the party and that they knew the handguns were illegally possessed. It goes on to claim the person was shot twice and suffered permanent damage.

I guess the question should be whether or not that person can claim they were shot and whether or not they can claim it was from guns used by Smith and Walker.

No there's no Ray Lewis on this team
Case doesnt hold any weight. DA should know this by now, it very hard to press charges on someone whos claiming self defense and has the injuries to prove the self defense. Especially now with someone coming out of nowhere trying to make money off of what happened that night, a year later.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran

Go away
Aldon Reminds me of Kenny Britt. Not a bad guy, comes off well in interviews , coaches and teamates like him ect.Aldons history. But Just coming in the lg sooooo young and immature and given millions of dollars with lots of free time is a dangerous recipe for guys like them.

From July last year.
Fo

Forensics tests had already proven that Aldon and Delanie hadn't shot anyone. This is a civil lawsuit which means he's looking for $ not justice; it's obvious your just here trying to stir s**t up.
Share 49ersWebzone