There are 212 users in the forums

Better young pass rusher, Aldon Smith or Piere-Paul?

Shop 49ers game tickets
So last year both of these young guys exploded on the scene and both seemed to keep getting better as the year went on as Smith finished the season with 14 sacks and just shy of the rookie record and Piere-Paul finished with 16 1/2 so who do you guys think in the comin years if both stay healthy will be the more dominant pass rusher of the two?
Bryant Young
But I wanna see Aldon Smith be a full-time starter before I make a pick
Aldon, he did it in less snaps. I think he could put up 15-20 sacks this year.
Piere Paul is a better all round player at this stage in his career but I think just as a pass rusher Alcon Smith is slightly better.
JPP.
I don't think that Aldon will reach his sack numbers from last year. If he does indeed become a full time player, he won't be as fresh as he was last year coming in on obvious passing situations. So I give the nod to JPP.

(Here's to hoping Aldon reads this and proves me wrong)
Originally posted by btthepunk:
JPP.

This. For now.
Pierre Paul is like looking into the future and seeing Aldon Smith fully grown.
tuff question!

• Jiks
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
JPP.

This. For now.

This
ask again after this season.
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
Piere Paul is a better all round player at this stage in his career but I think just as a pass rusher Alcon Smith is slightly better.

Alcon Smith is a beast and just like Frank Gire.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
But I wanna see Aldon Smith be a full-time starter before I make a pick<br data-mce-bogus="1">

This doe
Aldon came in off-the-bench after a labor-shortened off-season with a new staff to come within 1/2 a sack of breaking the NFL single season sack record for a rookie. He was the 1st 49er player to get more than 10 sacks since Andre Carter in 2002. 10 years since we have had a dangerous pass rusher, that's pretty crazy. It's obviously too early to annoint Jason Pierre Paul as the better player. This year, when Aldon becomes a full-time player with a full off-season of OTA's and training camp, we'll see how much better he can become.
Share 49ersWebzone