LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Hawaii explores starting NFL developmental league

Shop 49ers game tickets
I would love to have a minor league system with teams sponsored by all of the 32 NFL teams.

I would root hard for the Niners minor league team.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
How are the players going to afford to live there?

If they want a minor league system I think:

They'd be better off doing a couple small leagues with four or so teams in a market without a football team like Vegas, L.A., or SLC and put all the games on basic cable. 16 teams with two NFL teams sharing a minor league team. Match an AFC division with an NFC division: 49ers/Chargers, Seahawks/Raiders, Cardinals/Broncos, and Rams/Chiefs to keep some division rivalries. Each team gets two quarters with their quarterback, the other positions are easier to sort out and less valuable.
Originally posted by DVDA:
How are the players going to afford to live there?

If they want a minor league system I think:

They'd be better off doing a couple small leagues with four or so teams in a market without a football team like Vegas, L.A., or SLC and put all the games on basic cable. 16 teams with two NFL teams sharing a minor league team. Match an AFC division with an NFC division: 49ers/Chargers, Seahawks/Raiders, Cardinals/Broncos, and Rams/Chiefs to keep some division rivalries. Each team gets two quarters with their quarterback, the other positions are easier to sort out and less valuable.

if it ended up that way, they'd probably make us share with the Raiders.................................
Originally posted by WINiner:
I would love to have a minor league system with teams sponsored by all of the 32 NFL teams.

I would root hard for the Niners minor league team.

And if their in Hawaii, I would just CREAM......
  • Paul
  • Veteran
someone tell me why NFL Europe died out?
Originally posted by Paul:

because the league was spending more money on it than it was bringing in?

it doesn't mean they couldn't budget it differently this time, by keeping it in a smaller market. especially since the sports is already popular in the u.s.
There is a plan to get another d league started
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2073256-plan-announced-to-create-developmental-football-league
I wish NFL Europe was still going, it was good for the players and brand expansion.
Could you imagine if they had a D leauge during the offseason?
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by Paul:

because the league was spending more money on it than it was bringing in?

it doesn't mean they couldn't budget it differently this time, by keeping it in a smaller market. especially since the sports is already popular in the u.s.

Now that the NFL is playing multiple games in London, NFL Europe didn't seem too bad an idea.

Originally posted by Quest4six:
Could you imagine if they had a D leauge during the offseason?

AFL attorneys will battle long and hard to prevent this from becoming reality.
Originally posted by ghostrider:
lol, where are they going to play outside of O'ahu? Our high school stadiums here on the Big Island are small even by high school standards.

They would build stadiums...
At least if they did an affiliation we would have the option to stash guys on the d league instead of cutting them or losing them to the practice squad and they'd still be gettin game time.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Hawaii is where the NFL should be looking to put a team, not fkn europe.
Originally posted by ghostrider:
lol, where are they going to play outside of O'ahu? Our high school stadiums here on the Big Island are small even by high school standards.

The beach brudda
Share 49ersWebzone