LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Greatest/Pivotal moments in every franchise history

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Solidspidey:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
The Broncos didn't draft Elway, the Colts drafted him and traded him to Denver.

ah thanks for the insight AB.

No prob, I always thought they drafted him, but realized he was traded to him after he didn't want to play in Baltimore when the Colts were there. He was deciding between NFL and MLB at the time.
Washington Redskins - Drafting RG3 ? LOL

they do have 3 Super Bowl wins...

Oakland Raiders - Bo Jackson's injury?

I would have went with immaculate reception...

New England Patriots - Drew Bledsoe goes down and Tom Brady (#199) comes in

would have added the tuck rule..
For the Skins I think Joe Gibbs deserves a mention. Or Riggins, but less pivotal.

For all people love to hate him, you have to mention Al Davis.
[ Edited by English on May 29, 2012 at 12:08 PM ]
Originally posted by English:
For the Skins I think Joe Gibbs deserves a mention. Or Riggins, but less pivotal.

Originally posted by Hitman49:

Care to provide a pivotal moment for one of those 3 Redskin Sb's?

Yea the tuck rule and immaculate reception are good ones too, I'll add them.

Yea I was thinking of putting in Al Davis but its a pretty general statement, so I went with something more specific. I'll add it.

one word: Jack Kent Cooke hiring Joe Gibbs

Raiders- Al Davis>>>> everything else combined
Cardinals- leaving St. Louis (how do they leave St. Louis, then, St. Louis promptly gets a re-located franchise? WTF, anyone? )
Seattle- just getting a franchise in 1976 is/was their biggest accomplishment. #2 getting Steve Largent aka Great White Hope
Chargers- The near-miss-era of Don Coryell & Dan Fouts >>> Anything LT ever did
Dolphins- Perfect season>>>>>>> the uneventful sh*t I took this morning >>>>>> Dan Marino (besides his Ace Ventura role as "Self")
Bears- George S. Halas >>>>>>> Sweetness (favorite non-9er ever)
Ravens- it's gotta' suck when "the face of your franchise" should have been behind bars for "accessory to murder charges" after your limo carted your best friend/the killer away from a double-homicide. Ray-Ray's retired jersey should be an orange jumpsuit provided by the state of Georgia's penal institute.
Cinci- Paul Brown (see: Al Davis importance re: Raiders)
Panthers- Cherica Adams' baby survives the multiple gunshots from her WR father
Colts- Peyton Manning.... Manning is only the 2nd best Colt QB, young buck. Anybody choosing Manning over Unitas, probably would choose Young over Montana. (No apologies, Corey and AB! )
Jags- Burnell's still the greatest Jag, IMO... MJD is #2, but it's very close.
[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on May 29, 2012 at 1:47 PM ]
The 9ers drafting Alex Smith instead of Aaron Rodgers :)
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

Cardinals- leaving St. Louis (how do they leave St. Louis, then, St. Louis promptly gets a re-located franchise? WTF, anyone? )
Seattle- just getting a franchise in 1976 is/was their biggest accomplishment. #2 getting Steve Largent aka Great White Hope
Dolphins- Perfect season>>>>>>> the uneventful sh*t I took this morning >>>>>> Dan Marino (besides his Ace Ventura role as "Self")
Ravens- it's gotta' suck when "the face of your franchise" should have been behind bars for "accessory to murder charges" after your limo carted your best friend/the killer away from a double-homicide. Ray-Ray's retired jersey should be an orange jumpsuit provided by the state of Georgia's penal institute.
Colts- Peyton Manning.... Manning is only the 2nd best Colt QB, young buck. Anybody choosing Manning over Unitas, probably would choose Young over Montana. (No apologies, Corey and AB! )

All true points.

Manning nearly broke every record, had like 10 straight 12 win seasons, and totally changed the culture of Indianapolis, did I mention he got the Colts their first title in Indianapolis? Unitas was great but Peyton is the best thing to ever happen to the Colts franchise. Manning > Unitas

Originally posted by MCrabs15:
Manning nearly broke every record, had like 10 straight 12 win seasons, and totally changed the culture of Indianapolis, did I mention he got the Colts their first title in Indianapolis? Unitas was great but Peyton is the best thing to ever happen to the Colts franchise. Manning > Unitas

I had to rip my eyes out after reading this post. Hopefully its a joke.

I never saw Montana, too young. I became a football fan around the mid 90s, then a 49ers fan in 94 during the last SB run. I wish I saw Montana live on TV or in person. Would of been amazing. My favorite niner is Jerry, he was my guy, sucked when he got hurt, and went downhill from there.
Originally posted by MCrabs15:

*sigh* I've seen this argument a 1000 times from Dolphin fans who'll march to their grave claiming that "Marino was better than Montana" because of the regular season stat-comparison.

You take Manning and I'll take a man with 3 times as many Championships for the Colt franchise in Unitas.
Green Bay ) hiring Vince Lombari from the NY Giants
Denver Broncos) before getting davis they took Shanahan away from niners
Giants) Drafting the real L.T
Chargers ) ushering in the at that time most prolific offense ever seen, with a new age tight end and a host of other weapons
The skins won 3 superbowls in the 80s so drafting RG3 is not a defining moment. For the Giants I would say a defining moment was hiring Bill Parcells, with D coordinator Belichek and drafting Phil Simms who Bill Walsh was said to want but the giants scooped him up and we waited until the 3rd round to draft Joe Montana. Also a defining moment for the Jags and Panthers was making the playoffs in their second years of existence. The Panthers with a dominant defense led by 3-4 guru Dom Capers, and the Jaguars signing little known Brett Favre backup Mark Brunell who played a lot like Steve Young and was also a leftie, I remember they had some sweet offenses with Jimmy Smith, Tony Boselli, Keenan Mccardell etc.
Share 49ersWebzone