LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

BRING BACK THE LOS ANGELES RAMS?

Shop 49ers game tickets

BRING BACK THE LOS ANGELES RAMS?

There would go my shortest drive to a 49ers game.
bring them back
  • jrg
  • Veteran
NO!
next year is also supposed to be a uniform change so this could get interesting
Kroenke still hasn't said anything on whether or not he's going to renew the Edward Jones Dome lease
Originally posted by pdizo916:
st. louis don't deserve a team. Why did they leave LA anyways?

yeah the ONLY team saint louis should have is the cardinals,they should never have been allowed to leave.
Originally posted by MILFS:
I live in LA and I absolutely oppose this idea. I'd rather see the chargers or the f**king stupid ass raiders here than the piece of s**t rams.

so you could care less about tradition huh? gotcha. oh and got news for you,the chokeland faiders are a much worse piece of s**t team than the rams.the rams have at LEAST won some games this year.Last time i checked the raiders who got bombed by the donkeys yesterday,are the worst team in the NFL now and you want THEM back over the rams?
[ Edited by mrmontana on Nov 10, 2014 at 10:12 AM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
st. louis don't deserve a team. Why did they leave LA anyways?
The conniving, machinating, gold-diggin' wife of late owner Carroll Rosenbloom, (who some say died suspiciously/mysteriously coincidentally, right after the team moved to Anaheim from the LA Coliseum). During her tenure as owner in OC, she eventually got tired of always getting TRUMPED by the Niners during our Dynasty Years, then gave up on getting a new stadium in SoCal and proceeded to drive the Rams franchise into the ground, alienating Orange County. She then moved the team to her supposed hometown of St. Louis IIRC, the fictional woman owner of the Cleveland Indians in the movie "Major League" is based off of her...
yeah apparently he is not familiar with the history of the Rams.Had it not been for the b***h here and had her husband still be alive that she had murdered off,the Rams would still be in LA now and never would have left.she was definetely the black widow.she had like 5 other husbands that she outlived as well who also died under mysterious circumstances i heard.she obviously had powerful connections in high power who never did any serious investigations into the deaths of her husbands.
[ Edited by mrmontana on Nov 10, 2014 at 10:18 AM ]
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
Well considering it would be much easier to see a 9er game if you live in SoCal like me than I'm all for bringing them back.

Not to mention it works in to the 9ers advantage as traveling to LA is far better than it is to St. Louis.

At this point I actually would be surprised if the Rams don't move back to LA.

Rams are going to ask for all these upgrades knowing that St. Louis isn't going to go for it so both sides can save face by pointing the finger at each other. Works out for the NFL because they get the Rams a new stadium and a team in LA that still has a fan base there.

you nailed it.
on one hand, i don't LA as a sports town. I really despise the dodgers and co. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing the Rams come home. As much as I hate the raiders and a's stupid fan base, I don't want them to leave. In what area besides new york can say that we can watch every mlb team each year and watch half of the nfl's team each year? I never been to a raider game but I think its quite cool to have two teams in the same area. So I don't want the raiders to move down there, not so much for compassion for raiders fans, but for a selfish agenda.

Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
L.A. sports fans (and I use the term very loosely) are the most fickle in the world. Dodgers fans leave the stadium by the 7th inning, because they care more about road traffic than their team. Historically, no NFL franchise survives in Los Angeles because not enough fans support the team. So any team that moves to L.A. will have to leave L.A. in a few years (Raiders, Rams, etc.). It's not worth the trouble. Let L.A. go without an NFL team until the day their fan base grows up and develops an attention span longer than that of a flea.

who really cares? your opinion is a pretty stereotypical generalization of LA fans (a lot of the same can be said for Bay Area fans honestly) and makes ludicrous assumptions based on past events that were honestly more the fault of incompetent owners and city officials....

any move back to LA by the Rams benefits the Niners travel-wise since all their division games will be in the Pacific timezone, plus as someone said a more sizeable contigent of 49ers fans will be able travel down to LA and make their presence felt

who really cares? your opinion is a pretty stereotypical generalization of LA fans (a lot of the same can be said for Bay Area fans honestly) and makes ludicrous assumptions based on past events that were honestly more the fault of incompetent owners and city officials....

any move back to LA by the Rams benefits the Niners travel-wise since all their division games will be in the Pacific timezone, plus as someone said a more sizeable contigent of 49ers fans will be able travel down to LA and make their presence felt

Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
L.A. sports fans (and I use the term very loosely) are the most fickle in the world. Dodgers fans leave the stadium by the 7th inning, because they care more about road traffic than their team. Historically, no NFL franchise survives in Los Angeles because not enough fans support the team. So any team that moves to L.A. will have to leave L.A. in a few years (Raiders, Rams, etc.). It's not worth the trouble. Let L.A. go without an NFL team until the day their fan base grows up and develops an attention span longer than that of a flea.

exactlly.well said.The Rams coming back to LA would be an excellent idea.raiders not for the people sayuing they would rather see them back than the rams.The raiders were never embraced by LA.true they have a lot of raider fans out there now but the true loyal raider fans are in oakland,half the fans that showed up fro the raider games in LA traveled from oakland,they stuck with their team.The LA fans after the raiders won the superbowl and had losing seasons after that every year,unless it was a division rival like the chargers or chiefs,thier stadium was half empty all the time. The rams thought,they always packed their stadium.
Originally posted by oregonniner:
The Raiders in Oakland, the Rams in LA, just feels right to me. I would love to get the rivalry back at full speed. They should be bigger divisional rivals than the Seahawks.

totally agree.thats the way it should be.LA RAMS VS OAKLAND RAIDERS.
Originally posted by BOOSKi707:
This rivalry has been lacking since they moved to STL. Bring them back to the NFC "West"

STANDS UP AND GIVES STANDING OVATION.could not have said it better myself..
Originally posted by BayArea:
Another move would only shrink their fan base further. Plus didn't that stadium just recently get build? They might not want to just up and leave that. I actually am not 100% sure on that but thought they just built that edward jones dome pretty recently?
it was ovver 20 years ago when they built it dude and its not in the top third tier of all stadiums like the agreement in the contract which was signed 20 years ago stated it had to be by 2015 which is why they are free to leave the facility after this season if they shoose.
Originally posted by RedAlice:
I just wish the subject was over. It's beyond annoying and distracts from the great team that Fisher is building.

I live in San Diego, so obviously it would be easier to go to games in LA, but I just want the topic to stop. One way or the other. I liked St Louis fine when I went there last year, and I'm sure I will like it fine when I go there this year. I never meet Rams' fans when I watch the games in LA, only Raider and Charger fans.
then you obviously dont get out much then dude cause i see ram fans all the time whereever i go especially now since they know the rams are coming back.
Share 49ersWebzone