LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

BRING BACK THE LOS ANGELES RAMS?

Shop 49ers game tickets

BRING BACK THE LOS ANGELES RAMS?

Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by crake49:
noun, plural cholos. Chiefly Southwestern U.S.

1.(especially among Mexican-Americans) a teenageboy who is a member of a street gang.

2.Usually Disparaging. a term used to refer to a Mexican or Mexican-American.
Since when has it become acceptable to use racial epithets around here?

Memo to WebZone participants: most Latinos consider cholo to be in the same category as the N-word.

This is a joke right? Let me ask you are u Hispanic by any chance bcuz of the sound of it you seem like your not. If u know anything about the Hispanic culture or mexican ways this is a false statement i grew up in So Cal in The San Gabriel Valley n in the hood its always been used by everyone n interpreted as Hispanic Gangster. That's the only meaning cholo has i dont know we're u got your definition from but i can assure u it aint in the Hispanic Dictionary.

BTW i can vouch for this bcuz i can say i am a proud mexican that was born in this beautiful country of ours.

Yeah, I just texted a couple of my Mexican cousins down in Duarte and Monrovia, needed to give them s*** for the Giants sweeping the Dodgers, and then asked if I had missed something, has "cholo" become an offenisve term...they say no along with some Spanish curse words. So yeah, think OP lecturing people over something he may not actually know about.

I did the same i asked several of my co workers if they knew anyone that's ever taken offense by that word n they all laughed thinking it was a joke. Some of them have family members that bang so they should know. Some ppl should just not even open their mouths especially if they aint raza. So dumb
Guys, get a clue. There is a large Latino Middle class population in this country and most of them take offense to being called a name interpreted as "Hispanic Gangster."

But, don't mind me. Carry on.

And obviously you know this is fact, what with all your extensive research of looking up something on Dictionary.com.

And not minding you is the best piece of advice you've given.

You have no idea who I am, what neighborhood I grew up in or what I know about the Latino community.
I did the same i asked several of my co workers if they knew anyone that's ever taken offense by that word n they all laughed thinking it was a joke. Some of them have family members that bang so they should know. Some ppl should just not even open their mouths especially if they aint raza. So dumb

The key words there are "family members that bang." I couldn't care less about the opinions of people who "bang." Crips and Bloods call each other n****er. So what?
Guys, get a clue. There is a large Latino Middle class population in this country and most of them take offense to being called a name interpreted as "Hispanic Gangster."

But, don't mind me. Carry on.

And obviously you know this is fact, what with all your extensive research of looking up something on Dictionary.com.

And not minding you is the best piece of advice you've given.

You have no idea who I am, what neighborhood I grew up in or what I know about the Latino community.

You're right, don't know you, but do know you're basing your sanctimonious admonishment on an entry in Dictionary.com. You saw some posts here using a word you're probably just vaguely familiar with but one that you thought was a crack in the door for you to lecture people, so you ran to an online dictionary, saw "usually disparaging", and that was enough for you to get on your high horse. Looking forward to more of your vast experiences with and keen insight on the Latino community.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on May 22, 2015 at 1:28 PM ]

The key words there are "family members that bang." I couldn't care less about the opinions of people who "bang." Crips and Bloods call each other n****er. So what?

WoW u are so ignorant now i know you deft NOT street smart. We go from Cholos to Black Gangsters what a great argument, then you have the nerve to use the in proper use of the "N" word? FYI blacks don't use that exact word that's the racist term. They use it ending with "a" big difference pal. Man u really need to STOP talking about others ppls race before u start a race riot in here. Grow up n stop being such a ignorant person.

It's not just gangbangers who use it...when I say my cousin in Duarte, that's where he grew up and owns his business, but he actually lives in Bradbury....just slightly affluent. In fact, none of my friends/family say it are any kind of gangster, thug, hood, etc. that I know of...all good citizens. I think you're trying too hard to make something out of nothing.

But anyways, sure hope the Rams move back to LA.
It's not just gangbangers who use it...when I say my cousin in Duarte, that's where he grew up and owns his business, but he actually lives in Bradbury....just slightly affluent. In fact, none of my friends/family say it are any kind of gangster, thug, hood, etc. that I know of...all good citizens. I think you're trying too hard to make something out of nothing.

But anyways, sure hope the Rams move back to LA.

Me too. Didn't mean to insult anyone around here. The guys I grew up with didn't like the term, that's all. Peace.
Although LA is what the second largest sports market in America? My only thought is that LA is full of transplants and getting a bunch of people to take the LA Rams as their home team may be an issue, but then again maybe not. NYC is about as transplant city as it comes, and they have two teams.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Although LA is what the second largest sports market in America? My only thought is that LA is full of transplants and getting a bunch of people to take the LA Rams as their home team may be an issue, but then again maybe not. NYC is about as transplant city as it comes, and they have two teams.

I'm surprised when I hear people questioning whether or not there is a following in the LA area. The LA Rams were the first NFL team on the West Coast and they were there for something like 50 years before the Niners pretty much ran them out of the state. I think there would be a lot of excitement about that team back in it's original home.
Really? Do none of the f thousand posters here who obviously love the NFL give a F?????? really? I don't even know what to think.

i can get 6 or more posts in 5 seconds about the conspiacy dude.
[ Edited by RedAlice on May 30, 2015 at 11:13 PM ]
No one cares.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm hoping it's the Rams that come back to LA.
I'm surprised when I hear people questioning whether or not there is a following in the LA area. The LA Rams were the first NFL team on the West Coast and they were there for something like 50 years before the Niners pretty much ran them out of the state. I think there would be a lot of excitement about that team back in it's original home.

The Rams moved to LA from Cleveland in 1946
The 49ers joined the NFL in 1950

Where the hell did you get a difference of 50 years from? lol
Originally posted by RedAlice:
No one cares.

Lol. Don't worry alice, as soon as mincamp is over, and we have nothing else to talk about, this thread will take off. Welcome to the offseason on the zone. I love this time of year and all the zany threads that pop up.

As for me, I'd love to see the rams in LA, raiders as well. As much as the game is moving away from its history and godell pushing for all sorts of non traditional things, would be great to get some normalcy back.
Share 49ersWebzone