LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

BRING BACK THE LOS ANGELES RAMS?

Shop 49ers game tickets

BRING BACK THE LOS ANGELES RAMS?

Please Rams come to LA so i can see the 49ers once a year without having to drive 6 hours north
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Plan details:
1-NFL contribution (G4) 200 million- the Rams have to apply for it.
2- Rams contribution $250 million- you can't force Stan Kroenke to put up the money.
3- St. Louis rolling bonds and extending them $300 million- the legislators have not voted and the ability to do so will most likely be challenged buy voter advocate right groups.
4- personal seat licenses $125 million- these are not guaranteed funds.
5- tax credits $125 million- again has not passed the legislator or voter advocate challenge.
6- proposed land has not been purchased
7- environment test not passed yet
8- site has not been approved by the NFL
9- not ready until 2020 (so Rams play in a dump for another 5 years?)
10- very high tension between STL and Stan Kroenke

oh yeah....

11- what happens when THIS comes again: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Flood_of_1993

St Louis revealing their their proposed stadium if the rams stay:

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lol what a s**tty drawing.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
lol what a s**tty drawing.

True, but it's just an artists rendition. They all look goofy. lol

Rams officially go to year-to-year lease w/ StL,

"in the absence of intervening events..."

According to nfl.com, the league has known about Kroenke's stadium plan since December. Also today, they submitted 20k signatures to the city council in Inglewood for verification. They need 8k to get the zoning changed with either an approval or to be put on the ballot for a vote.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000463601/article/rams-owners-stadium-plan-pushes-nfl-closer-to-la-return

"After two decades away, the NFL is closer than it has ever been to returning to Los Angeles.

And after so many false starts since the Raiders and Rams bolted at the end of the 1994 season, one league source said, "We're beginning to see the goal line."

The early January announcement that Rams owner Stan Kroenke is planning an extravagant Inglewood stadium sent shockwaves through NFL circles, but -- according to those with direct knowledge of the proceedings -- was met with quiet applause at the league office, which has been waiting for a powerful plan like this one to get behind. And despite St. Louis and Missouri officials responding quickly with their own stadium vision, the momentum here has very clearly shifted west."
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
True, but it's just an artists rendition. They all look goofy. lol

[ Edited by Quest4six on Jan 27, 2015 at 12:49 PM ]

I know they have some very smart people that perform due diligence and demographic studies.

But based on past performance, I'm not confident LA would support an NFL franchise for the long term

SURE, they'd pack them in initially but as the novelty wears off and their team sucks - will the "Smell A" crowd get this place into te black?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
YES! now we get to watch the 9ers lose in LA!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I know they have some very smart people that perform due diligence and demographic studies.

But based on past performance, I'm not confident LA would support an NFL franchise for the long term

SURE, they'd pack them in initially but as the novelty wears off and their team sucks - will the "Smell A" crowd get this place into te black?

If anything, it's a nice vacation spot to watch ones team on the road, for 49ers, 1 "road game" in so cal per season
The votes were verified and the zoning change is now on the June ballot in Inglewood.
well.....http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/report-raiders-chargers-planning-shared-stadium-la
Share 49ersWebzone