There are 175 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Top 100 Players of 2012

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
^^he was all pro at both positions. don't matter, DE or DT.

I've seen him line up at NT at times, Justin does it all. Worth every penny, and is IMO a top 15 player at least.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

I've seen him line up at NT at times, Justin does it all. Worth every penny, and is IMO a top 15 player at least.

Fa sho.i cant wait to hear the comments from fellow players about Cowboy .watch when the olinemen comment on him,theyll say s**t like"he kicked my ass the whole game,he has a relentless motor,dude is cockstrong,the way he pushed the guy around in the NO playoff game was crazy,etc."

To be voted All Pro at 2 different positions is f**kin mindblowin.he got 1st team all pro at a position he dont even start at.wtf?!?!smh
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:

Fa sho.i cant wait to hear the comments from fellow players about Cowboy .watch when the olinemen comment on him,theyll say s**t like"he kicked my ass the whole game,he has a relentless motor,dude is cockstrong,the way he pushed the guy around in the NO playoff game was crazy,etc."

To be voted All Pro at 2 different positions is f**kin mindblowin.he got 1st team all pro at a position he dont even start at.wtf?!?!smh

He had some great plays this season.

End of NYG reg season game batting down Eli's pass
Fumble Forced on Maclin in Philly game
Dominating NO OLine
Pittsburgh game, with the forced fumble

And in every game he had plays that mattered that won't show up on box score. He is a top 3 DL in the game, plays every DL spot, I love our D, Brooks is another guy who plays DE at times with Aldon and is great at it.

Justin for top 10.

Pat for top 5.

Book it.
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Justin for top 10.

Pat for top 5.

Book it.

Justin smith goes higher than Patrick methinks
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

Very possible and arguably justifiable.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:

He had some great plays this season.

End of NYG reg season game batting down Eli's pass
Fumble Forced on Maclin in Philly game
Dominating NO OLine
Pittsburgh game, with the forced fumble

And in every game he had plays that mattered that won't show up on box score. He is a top 3 DL in the game, plays every DL spot, I love our D, Brooks is another guy who plays DE at times with Aldon and is great at it.

Exactly. You gotta love Justin Smith. He made huge plays every game and was the heart of our defense last year. Suggs had a great year last year but I still think Justin Smith deserved to win defensive player of the year. The guy is just amazing. One of my favorite 49ers ever.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

And yet people think Gore should be cut because "he didnt break any tackles." Really?
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

Very possible and arguably justifiable.
NO WAY

I agree Justin Smith probably had a more impactful season last year and has been pro-bowl type player since he has been a 49er. He is absolutely one of the great leaders of our defense. But he hasn't been ALL PRO every year like Patrick Willis.

Patrick 'the beast' Willis is the BEST PLAYER on the 49ers hands down.
Originally posted by hateroids84:
NO WAY

I agree Justin Smith probably had a more impactful season last year and has been pro-bowl type player since he has been a 49er. He is absolutely one of the great leaders of our defense. But he hasn't been ALL PRO every year like Patrick Willis.

I don't know if it's hands down.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by hateroids84:
NO WAY

I don't know if it's hands down.

Actually, it is. He's more consistently amazing than anybody else on the team.
He still doesn't get the credit he deserves. He may not be a double digit sack guy but he makes plays and has a high motor.

He's got way more than just a high motor. He has monstrous strength and excellent burst (as well as good speed in general). He has consistently been a league leader in QB hits/pressures/sacks. The only guy who has been more disruptive to a QB is Demarcus Ware over the last three years and he isn't anywhere near as good against the run as Smith - or as disciplined. You never ever see Justin abandon his responsibilities needlessly.