Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by AlohaBruh:
Get this baseball s**t out o here

this

+1

nobody gives a s**t about a boring ass sport

This and that!!!

Last I checked the thread read "subject:top 100 players of 2012"!?!?!thread jackin like a mf!!
Originally posted by DirtyP:
First of all, I was simply showing that continuous movement doesn't equate to interesting. However, it can strongly correlate to it. A game of who could sit without blinking the longest obviously isn't going to be interesting. You were also the first to bring up continuous movement as a criteria, not me.

Secondly, competitive doesn't always equate to interesting to watch. See my examples of bowling, golf, poker, curling. All of which could be very competitive and yet still uninteresting to watch. Add to it: equestrian, arm wrestling, strong man, iditarod, track and field, freestyle swimming, most mainstream Olympic events, and many others.

Thirdly, football and baseball are not American born sports. How about roller derby or disc golf? I believe those are "American born". What's your interest level in those?

Fourthly, what are your criteria for a sport being included into the "must like" list in order to be considered a "die hard" sports fan?

Painted yourself in a corner, eh?

No, I just don't fraternize with grown men who think bowling is more of a sport than baseball

lol, well if you read my posts again, you'll find that I made no such claim.

Take the journey with me...

The argument is that watching baseball is as uninteresting as watching bowling. That doesn't mean that either isn't fun to actually play or doesn't require skill or that it is or isn't a "sport" (although, I would probably call neither a sport, but I understand the gray area so YMMV). Therefore, the analogy is: You can love bowling but hate to watch it => You can love baseball but hate to watch it.

If you can't understand that much, then re-explaining why your definition of "die hard sports fan" is flawed is a pretty useless exercise.

For future reference both of you, there is an Other Sports forum. Read the thread title and stay within range of it.
Originally posted by Druckenmiller14:
If Aldon doesn't make it, wow. There's no way that Von Miller can be 52 and Aldon be off the list. If Von was somewhere between 95-100, maybe one could make the argument—maybe—but 52 and Aldon off the list? That wouldn't make sense at all. There's no way that the separation between them is 52+ players. And maybe I'm a homer, but I'd take Smith over Miller and I think most of the league would too.

Well they're really very different players. Aldon played only part-time and was only in on pass-rushing downs. Miller played every down and pretty solid in all aspects of playing outside LB. He showed that he could be a dominate pass-rusher, as well as someone who can cover and play the run.

Miller was benched once or twice last year specifically because he was crap against the run. Chargers game he got pulled out and Higgins came in because Ryan Matthews was lighting him up.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Miller was benched once or twice last year specifically because he was crap against the run. Chargers game he got pulled out and Higgins came in because Ryan Matthews was lighting him up.

yes because he had a cast and could not shed a blocker with one arm.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

That injury came in the second chargers game. The first game he was pulled because the chargers took advantage of the fact that Von likes to charge upfield and push himself out of plays. Young mistakes and both players are very good. But I think Aldon is just a little better and has more tools to be the better player. Von played essentially the same position he did in college while Aldon had to learn a different one in a short offseason. But he has shown how versatile he is. He can speed rush and bull rush.

The argument is that watching baseball is as uninteresting as watching bowling. That doesn't mean that either isn't fun to actually play or doesn't require skill or that it is or isn't a "sport" (although, I would probably call neither a sport, but I understand the gray area so YMMV). Therefore, the analogy is: You can love bowling but hate to watch it => You can love baseball but hate to watch it.

If you can't understand that much, then re-explaining why your definition of "die hard sports fan" is flawed is a pretty useless exercise.

If you think bowling is as interesting as baseball good for you. As I said, I don't take anyone with that opinion seriously.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
http://www.nfl.com/player/vontaleach/2505777/profile Uhh vontae leach #45???? What is he a special teams maniac?

I'm noticing the players ranked a head of Bowman and i'm like ...
In watching the preview of next week's Top 30 through 40, it looked like they teased an NFL rookie as a game changer, then showed a clip of Aldon Smith. Could it possible that Aldon ranks up that high? That'd be hysterical, if he got ranked well ahead of Von Miller, since these are the players and coaches voting on each other. I wonder where Justin Smith and Patrick Willis will rank. I don't think Frank Gore will make the list. If he did, I think he would've been right around Michael Turner in the 70's or 80's.
Originally posted by Psinex:
In watching the preview of next week's Top 30 through 40, it looked like they teased an NFL rookie as a game changer, then showed a clip of Aldon Smith. Could it possible that Aldon ranks up that high? That'd be hysterical, if he got ranked well ahead of Von Miller, since these are the players and coaches voting on each other. I wonder where Justin Smith and Patrick Willis will rank. I don't think Frank Gore will make the list. If he did, I think he would've been right around Michael Turner in the 70's or 80's.

Cam
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
http://www.nfl.com/player/vontaleach/2505777/profile Uhh vontae leach #45???? What is he a special teams maniac?

I'm noticing the players ranked a head of Bowman and i'm like ...
Lol that's the dude that people on ravens forums said was "skull dragging" Willis and Bowman all night lol. They both had over 10 tackles that gsme

Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

Willis could

If you think bowling is as interesting as baseball good for you. As I said, I don't take anyone with that opinion seriously.

You have it backwards. I'm not saying bowling is interesting. I'm saying baseball is not. Baseball is as uninteresting to watch as bowling. If you don't take my opinion seriously, I'm sure I will manage to survive.

Now back to the list...
Originally posted by Druckenmiller14:
I get that, but Aldon is clearly a game changer. I think it's arguable that he's at least as much a game changer (if not more) than Miller. I just don't see the difference being 52+ players, but they didn't give me a vote

I get that, but everyone on that list is a "game-changer." And you're really looking hard through your red and gold colored glasses if you think hes a better overall player at this point in his career than Von Miller.

I'm not going to disagree with you on that point, but do you think the difference is 52+ players?
You have it backwards. I'm not saying bowling is interesting. I'm saying baseball is not. Baseball is as uninteresting to watch as bowling. If you don't take my opinion seriously, I'm sure I will manage to survive.

Now back to the list...

like I said, I don't.
[ Edited by DirtyP on Jun 5, 2012 at 8:58 AM ]

Now back to the list...

like I said, I don't.

this convo=
Share 49ersWebzone