LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 181 users in the forums

Top 100 Players of 2012

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Willis and Justin Smith you have to conclude are locks for sure. Vernon Davis definitely should be in there especially after killing in the playoffs, but you never know because his season stats weren't entirely impressive. Frank Gore also should be in there like you said with guys like Willis McGahee ahead of him. So yeah you would think that it has to be those four. However there could be a possibility Alex Smith, Aldon Smith, and Dashon Goldson could have made the list, although I think they would have already appeared if they were on the list. You could argue for Alex Smith since he was 7th in qb rating, was the qb on a team that went to NFC championship game and you have Tebow on the list.

I was thinking the same thing about Vernon but I'd have a hard time believing that opposing NFL players don't acknowledge he's one of the best players in the league.

I don't think I could argue that Alex Smith belongs on this list at this point. There are two many very good players at their positions out their. Even from our own team I would say Brown, Iupati, MacDonald, Brooks and Whitner all are better players at their positions than Alex Smith. And since this is a players vote you'd have to consider how many of those types of players from he other 32 teams in the NFL have more respect than Alex Smith league wide, its probably alot.
Obviously he is one of the 32 most vital players in the NFL because he is a starting QB, but to say he is one of the 100 best overall players in the entire league just sounds kind of funny to me.
Yeah I see what you're saying about Alex Smith. He doesn't get as much respect around the league because he didn't put up any spectacular numbers. All I'm saying though is that an argument could have been made that he could have been on the list considering the mistake free football he played, his high qb rating, and the fact that Tebow was on the list. Alex Smith was 7th in the league in qb rating and had a td-int ratio of more than 3-1. But yeah again, I don't think the players around the league have the respect for Alex Smith yet, but soon enough they will after he beasts this year and we win a superbowl!
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
No way.....you guys are way overrating them. Beason, Ryans, Cushing and maybe McClain are easily as good as Willis. They just dont have the supporting cast. I say he shows up in this bunch. Book it!!

l thought you were serious until I read McClain

I knew he was kidding when he said No.
No team would take any of those guys over Willis.
i can accept beason being up there in talks with willis, especially from a panthers fan. but cushing and mcclain? *facepalm*
Originally posted by susweel:
Dont forget its on tonight. I expect Willis and J.Smith to make their debut tonight.

Willis will be in the top 20

Top 10.

No way.....you guys are way overrating them. Beason, Ryans, Cushing and maybe McClain are easily as good as Willis. They just dont have the supporting cast. I say he shows up in this bunch. Book it!!

Hahahahahahhahaha wow

Your posts never cease of amaze me
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

l thought you were serious until I read McClain

I knew he was kidding when he said No.
No team would take any of those guys over Willis.
i can accept beason being up there in talks with willis, especially from a panthers fan. but cushing and mcclain? *facepalm*

Beason and Cushing are both pretty good and McClain I think will improve. Willis is still way way better than all of them. The only MLB's that are up there with Willis are Bowman and Ray Lewis, and maybe Vilma.
[ Edited by btthepunk on May 23, 2012 at 7:29 PM ]

I'd take urlacher, ray lewis and james farrior(even though he just retired) over cushing and mcclain. Beason is good, and ryans is coming up.

Of course bowman is #2 though

[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on May 23, 2012 at 8:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
I don't think Gore made the list.

1. Willis
  2. J.Smith
  3. N.Bowman
  4. V.Davis
  5. J.Staley
  6. C.Rogers
  7. D.Goldson

I dont think Goldson made teh list
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
I don't think Gore made the list.

1. Willis
  2. J.Smith
  3. N.Bowman
  4. V.Davis
  5. J.Staley
  6. C.Rogers
  7. D.Goldson

I dont think Goldson made teh list
replace goldson with andy lee?

but on a serious note, i dont know who the hell would be our 7th. Odds are either Gore, Aldon or Mike Iupati? I'd put my money on aldon..
Originally posted by denali22:
replace goldson with andy lee?

but on a serious note, i dont know who the hell would be our 7th. Odds are either Gore, Aldon or Mike Iupati? I'd put my money on aldon..

They said it wasn't Aldon.
Just saw cushings headbutt, wow.

I don't think this is even debatable anymore. Its Gore Davis Smith and Willis now in that order. Dashon Goldson is a good player but how many safties have we seen so far? No one around the league would rather have Dashon Goldson over Earl Thomas except Niner fans.
I don't think this is even debatable anymore. Its Gore Davis Smith and Willis now in that order. Dashon Goldson is a good player but how many safties have we seen so far? No one around the league would rather have Dashon Goldson over Earl Thomas except Niner fans.

This.
Originally posted by YOUNGster08:
They said it wasn't Aldon.

Oh really? That sucks..

Whos 'They'?
if von miller is already on the list then i doubt aldon will make it..

it's all good though.. let them sleep.. aldon will wake em up next year
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:
Dont forget its on tonight. I expect Willis and J.Smith to make their debut tonight.

Willis will be in the top 20

Top 10.

LOL you're misinformed.
Share 49ersWebzone