LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 312 users in the forums

Top 100 Players of 2012

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Its going to be Gore, Willis, VD and Justin Smith

I don't see Aldon Smith being left out. He was like 5th in the league in sacks.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Its going to be Gore, Willis, VD and Justin Smith

I don't see Aldon Smith being left out. He was like 5th in the league in sacks.

I don't see Gore not making it...

Aldon Smith is going to be left out.
Originally posted by Chief:
I don't see Gore not making it...

Aldon Smith is going to be left out.

East coast bias guys. Don't be surprised by Frank , Akers, Ginn, Iupati etc, not making it. Gotta give preference to east coasters.

I have a similar thing with our winery. A couple wine writers have told me unofficially that our 92 pt Cab/Syrah would have been 4-5 pts higher if it were from Napa, not Paso Robles. Face it, regional biases are just something we have to deal with. We don't have to like it, but we do have to deal with it. Unofficially, we all know Frank should have been on the list, and I could make a case for Iupati and Akers , too. But East Coast bias....ah, just take it with a grain of salt. Some schmuck from the E.coast doesn't have to tell us how good our guys were. WE know. The fact that this is supposedly voted on by the players should take the bias out, but I still believe the bias is there.

We should post our own list of the top 100. Screw those E.coast guys. Think about it. Who in the heck would want to live in buffalo, NY , new jersey, Indy, chicago, Cincy, St. Louis, Houston, Dallas, KC...you get the idea. If I lived in any of those places, darn right I would be jealous of a team in Calif (excluding CA politics and taxes).
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on May 16, 2012 at 9:59 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
East coast bias guys. Don't be surprised by Frank , Akers, Ginn, Iupati etc, not making it. Gotta give preference to east coasters.

I have a similar thing with our winery. A couple wine writers have told me unofficially that our 92 pt Cab/Syrah would have been 4-5 pts higher if it were from Napa, not Paso Robles. Face it, regional biases are just something we have to deal with. We don't have to like it, but we do have to deal with it. Unofficially, we all know Frank should have been on the list, and I could make a case for Iupati and Akers , too. But East Coast bias....ah, just take it with a grain of salt. Some schmuck from the E.coast doesn't have to tell us how good our guys were. WE know. The fact that this is supposedly voted on by the players should take the bias out, but I still believe the bias is there.

We should post our own list of the top 100. Screw those E.coast guys. Think about it. Who in the heck would want to live in buffalo, NY , new jersey, Indy, chicago, Cincy, St. Louis, Houston, Dallas, KC...you get the idea. If I lived in any of those places, darn right I would be jealous of a team in Calif (excluding CA politics and taxes).

Joe Staley was just voted as one of the top 70 players in the league. You can't complain about east coast bias.
Staley's highlights on the show were awesome!
love aldon but hes not on the list. Gore is making it for sure.
i think it's aldon..........
crap missed J.Smith, so leaves one spot left. Either Iupati, Goldson, Aldon or long Shot in Alex, he isn't better than Rivers, so makes no sense to me.
VD,J.Smith, and P.Willis all are locks.

Willis and J.Smith-Top 10 easy

VD-top 20

VD was low on the list last year,and he got better.

Justin was disrespected by being left off last year.NO f**kIN WAY IT HAPPENS THIS YEAR!!!.

and Willis........,uhh,well uhh yea,..........not even goin there.

its a toss up between Gire,Iupati,Goldson and Aldon.theres a case for each,but then there may be some cases against each also.

I have no problem with who they leave off for the one that is picked,i jus would like to see the players on the other teams that they rank higher than our guys that they leave off.

Willis
J. Smith
Davis
A. Smith
Bowman
Staley
Rodgers

That will be the final list in my opinion

Gore's not going to make it or he would've popped up already. He was 94 last year and while he put together a good season he really didn't do anything that would shoot him up so many spots.

Have a tough time seeing Iupati being rated higher than Nicks and Mankins in the player's eyes but I was surprised that Staley was ranked so high especially over Joe Thomas.

Goldson has a good shot of possibly being on there over Aldon but I can't justify picking him over Aldon.

I'm going with Aldon because pass rushers are always better know and widely feared in the league and you know Von Miller is on the list somewhere so I have a tough time seeing Von Miller being there but Smith who was right behind him when it came to being DROY.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

East caost bias? That's funny. You do know it's voted on players in the league who reside everwhere and I would guess a minority are actually from the east coast, seeing as how the majority of great players come from the South, Texas and California.. And actually I would rather live in half the places you listed over California. Californians overrating California.
The last spot is between gore and goldie bc j smith willis vd are locks. A smith wont be bc he is an underrated rookie
SPOILER ALERT!

I cheated again and ran the promo for next weeks episode in slow motion. Here are the last 4 =

Gore
Justin
Vern
Pat
Originally posted by TX9R:

East caost bias? That's funny. You do know it's voted on players in the league who reside everwhere and I would guess a minority are actually from the east coast, seeing as how the majority of great players come from the South, Texas and California.. And actually I would rather live in half the places you listed over California. Californians overrating California.
Paso - Uhm, I live in NJ, 20 minutes from NYC. It doesn't get more east coast than that, and Ive been a 9ers fan my whole life. There are also a ton of people I know who are Raiders fans. Football is unique in that the fans are so widespread. Now with the NFL package, it will be even more so years from now. I get a kick out of the West Coasters always beating the East Coast Bias drum. When the West Coast teams are good in pretty much any sport, they get a ton of airtime in NYC. Think of it though, how many teams are on the West Coast compared to the East? There's just not that many cities, s**t, the BIGGEST city on the West Coast doesn't even have a football team! How many West Coast teams won the Stanley Cup? One, the Ducks. Aside from the Lakers, how many West Coast teams won the NBA Championship? Two, one for the Sonics and one for Portland, over 30 years ago! Over the past 20 years, only 2 West Coast teams won the World Series. Since 1975, only 5 rings were issued in MLB to WC teams. If the West Coast teams had more teams, they would win more, that's the bottom line. There's an East Coast bias, simply because there are more East Coast teams, hence more championships and more airtime.

The only other thing I can think of that pisses people off on the East Coast is when they see the beginning of Dodgers and Lakers games, all those empty seats. The fans of those teams in particular show up late and leave early during lopsided games. You do not see that as often on the East Coast unless you're in Miami ( the worst sports town on Earth ). Its just a more laid back environment out West.

So please, do not try and correlate your friends crappy wine being rated less with how NFL players throughout the league vote for other players. Do you really think they take into consideration where a player plays? Come on man.
Share 49ersWebzone