LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 180 users in the forums

Top 100 Players of 2012

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Fricker:
i love all the people in here that think alex smith should be on the list.. Tebow or not.. the broncos didnt have nearly the Turnover Ratio, Field Position, or small amount of points allowed that our D did. Tebow even tho shouldnt be on the list, actually earned all his comebacks, every one of them his team was trailing pretty much the whole game and he found a way to break tackles and get in the endzone. I am not a fan of Tebows and im not saying i would want Tebow over Alex Smith.. Because as of right now id rather have neither to be absolutely honest. Maybe Alex will fix his footwork and captain checkdown status and impress me this year.. ( i say this every yr and it never happens) But there is absolutely no way Alex is on this list. He is not even top 10 at his position nonetheless top 100 in the whole NFL.

The defense gave him every opportunity to succeed last year and they and David Akers are to thank for the 13 wins and trip to the NFC championship. Luckily Alex didnt blow the save (baseball terms) on the win vs the saints. No way with decent QB play that, that game is even close when your team forces 5 Turnovers. I will give it to alex he was able to manage to throw the least amount of INTs last season out of all Qbs but thats the way Harbaugh coached him.. Let the D put you in a good situation and minus turnovers by making smart throws.

I could see Andy Lee making this list with some of the other players they have been showing.. Special teams is a big part of the game, and with out Andy Lee booming them and pinning opponents deep, might have been a different story last season.

This might be the dumbest post of the year
Originally posted by Janitor:
He was 5th in the league last year in PR, 12th in KR, 13th in all purpose yards.

Yes he is a bad receiver, but 30 other Niners you would pick? C'mon man.
I'm not saying he is a bad returner. He is definitely a top 10 return man. However, a lot of the success attributed to Ginn is a result of a great return team. He was not all that great the year before. And in my opinion, unless you have a returner like Devin Hester or Patrick Peterson, a return man is not important enough to even be considered in the top 100 players in the NFL. He's only on the field for about 8 plays per game.
100. Chris Johnson
99. Ryan Khalil
98. Willis McGahee
97. Donald Penn
96. D'Qwell Jackson
95. Tim Tebow
94. Marshawn Lynch
93. Cortland Finnegan
92. John Kuhn
91. Tony Romo
90. Hakeem Nicks
89. Dwight Freeney
88. Michael Turner
87. London Fletcher
86. Darren Sproles
85. NaVorro Bowman
84. Chris Long
83. Fred Jackson
82. Joe Thomas
81. Vince Wilfork
80. Jordy Nelson
79.Nnamdi Asomugha
78. Derrick Johnson
77. A.J Green
76. Carl Nicks
75. Jason Witten
74. Joe Flacco
73. Johnathan Joseph
72. Lance Briggs
71. DeSean Jackson
http://www.nfl.com/top100/2012?module=HP11_hot_topics#video=09000d5d828f9319
[ Edited by WookieOftheYear on May 15, 2012 at 11:20 AM ]
How motivated will teams be to beat the crap out of the top 5 ranked players?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Yes, because Im sure professional athletes are sitting on the edge of their seat watching the NFL network waiting with baited breath to see their list of the top 100 players. Or, you know, its possible they pay absolutely no attention to some arbitrary list. Just a guess.
Originally posted by belabartok:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Yes, because Im sure professional athletes are sitting on the edge of their seat watching the NFL network waiting with baited breath to see their list of the top 100 players. Or, you know, its possible they pay absolutely no attention to some arbitrary list. Just a guess.

......like how they don't care about the pro-bowl, All Pro Team, MVP, ESPYs, DPOY, or any other award or recognition that could soothe their ego, give them confidence, or give them a chip on their shoulder to work harder because they've been disrespected by the media and/or their peers.

probably not on the edge of their seat. but i'm sure they're paying attention.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
i love all the people in here that think alex smith should be on the list.. Tebow or not.. the broncos didnt have nearly the Turnover Ratio, Field Position, or small amount of points allowed that our D did. Tebow even tho shouldnt be on the list, actually earned all his comebacks, every one of them his team was trailing pretty much the whole game and he found a way to break tackles and get in the endzone. I am not a fan of Tebows and im not saying i would want Tebow over Alex Smith.. Because as of right now id rather have neither to be absolutely honest. Maybe Alex will fix his footwork and captain checkdown status and impress me this year.. ( i say this every yr and it never happens) But there is absolutely no way Alex is on this list. He is not even top 10 at his position nonetheless top 100 in the whole NFL.

The defense gave him every opportunity to succeed last year and they and David Akers are to thank for the 13 wins and trip to the NFC championship. Luckily Alex didnt blow the save (baseball terms) on the win vs the saints. No way with decent QB play that, that game is even close when your team forces 5 Turnovers. I will give it to alex he was able to manage to throw the least amount of INTs last season out of all Qbs but thats the way Harbaugh coached him.. Let the D put you in a good situation and minus turnovers by making smart throws.

I could see Andy Lee making this list with some of the other players they have been showing.. Special teams is a big part of the game, and with out Andy Lee booming them and pinning opponents deep, might have been a different story last season.

Agreed.

Yea, this Fricker moron mentions the Broncos didnt have the turnover differential taht the niners had. Could it be due to Tebow had so many turnovers and Alex having so little?
Originally posted by kronik:

Yea, this Fricker moron mentions the Broncos didnt have the turnover differential taht the niners had. Could it be due to Tebow had so many turnovers and Alex having so little?

sucking for 58 minutes doesn't matter if there's a media craze behind you.
Players 70-61

I just saw the preview for tonight's episode. At the end I saw a couple 9ers flash across the screen. So I rewound and then took a look in slow motion. The next two 9ers on the list are.....

Joe Staley
Carlos Rogers

Good times!

Rogers at 69.
BAWSE

Staley 67

Leaves 4 left, obviously Vernon, Willis. Not sure Gore makes it. Could come down to Aldon, Alex, Iupati, Goldson and Gore for 2 spots.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Staley 67

Leaves 4 left, obviously Vernon, Willis. Not sure Gore makes it. Could come down to Aldon, Alex, Iupati, Goldson and Gore for 2 spots.

vernon, justin smith, and willis are all locks
Share 49ersWebzone