There are 197 users in the forums

Cam Johnson is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
He dropped from a 2-3 projection to the 7th round. What did he do wrong?

He has sickle cell.

I know nothing about that disease, will it affect his play?

Shouldn't affect it much. It can cause some things like fatigue, lower oxygen absorption, increased heart-rate etc. So perhaps it could hinder his stamina, but shouldn't be a problem.

The other small risk is some kind of organ failure and that he probably won't live to 50.

Damn that sucks 50 is still to young to pass

Sickle cell trait patients have a normal life expectancy
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
You're talking to a fan of Parys Haralson since his days at Tennessee, so I personally don't undervalue him. I've wanted him to succeed for the last 11 years, but he's average at best at this stage of his career (which was honestly never that spectacular to begin with). Btw, the bolded statement is all that I've been trying to say.

And technically, if Cam and Fleming line up opposite of each other at the 3-4 OLB spot, you could be accused of making "left and right" assumptions about their play. Sorry, had to go there.

If both of these guys come in and play better than a guy who started and played two thirds of the snaps on the best defense in football, I will be ecstatic.
Does he have full blown sickle cell dz or just sickle cell trait?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

I believe it;s just trait.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

I believe it;s just trait.

Good!!

I was going to say if it was the full blown dz his career would exceed expectations if he made a roster 2 years in a row.

Plenty of people live with the trait, some people don't even know they have the trait until they are in high elevations or even worse during an operating room procedure under general anesthesia.
Cam Johnson seem to plays too slow and retard his defense.. I guess. he is may bust or relase him this year. Wait and See!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Cam Johnson seem to plays too slow and retard his defense.. I guess. he is may bust or relase him this year. Wait and See!

he's not a DE thats why. He was recruited for 3-4 defense as an OLB and played at a much lower weight then the 270 he played at the past 2 years when new coaches changed to a 4-3.
[ Edited by sfout on Apr 29, 2012 at 10:30 AM ]
Originally posted by sfout:

he's not a DE thats why. He was recruited for 3-4 defense as an OLB and played at a much lower weight then the 270 he played at the past 2 years when new coaches changed to a 4-3.
I don't care if he can play an OLB and his weight because ur said new coaches? Because his Coaches doin job what they do. Coaches can see his players for talents any positive plays. that is simple!
  • sfout
  • Veteran

I don't care if he can play an OLB and his weight because ur said new coaches? Because his Coaches doin job what they do. Coaches can see his players for talents any positive plays. that is simple!

what are you even talking about, use proper grammar and spelling, it takes 5 extra seconds. You said "I think he plays slow" I said "Well here is why it looks that way".....
Extremely excited with getting him. I hope he makes the squad

• flow
  • Veteran
We absolutely stole this guy in the seventh.

what are you even talking about, use proper grammar and spelling, it takes 5 extra seconds. You said "I think he plays slow" I said "Well here is why it looks that way".....

Always check the poster's name.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Always check the poster's name.

lol true.
"They ought to put (49ers director of college scouting) Joel Patten in jail for stealing a player," Reid said.

Link

Would be interesting how he turns out. And how Fangio would use him. I think it would be like Aldon Smith. Just situational pass rusher until he and the coaches figure out what else he can do in the LB role.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
"They ought to put (49ers director of college scouting) Joel Patten in jail for stealing a player," Reid said.

Link

Would be interesting how he turns out. And how Fangio would use him. I think it would be like Aldon Smith. Just situational pass rusher until he and the coaches figure out what else he can do in the LB role.

IMHO Johnson will stick at OLB and I read somewhere (I think CSNBA) that Fleming could end up getting a look at MLB, possibly after Grant leaves in FA next year lol.
Share 49ersWebzone