There are 198 users in the forums

Cam Johnson is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i am glad to see the kid play well. no matter who stays and goes, we will have much better depth than last year in this area. maybe cam can help salvage that draft disaster of last year.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Cam stays. If he develops properly, he may be leverage when it comes to Aldons contract. We may not need Aldon in the future.

stop smoking grimmies before you post.
  • thl408
Did a little bit of research and #70 for the Chargers, Max Starks, is a seasoned vet. Big, plodding kind of OT. He's the one that got owned a couple times by Cam.

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2013/5/13/4316486/chargers-steelers-signing-max-starks
Cam showed nekked behind last night!!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Cam stays. If he develops properly, he may be leverage when it comes to Aldons contract. We may not need Aldon in the future.

Originally posted by boast:

When it comes to the last 3 or 4 spots, I'd rather keep the most talented guys than worry about position.

Cam seems more talented to me than Robinson, Thomas, whoever those last CBs are, and any of our back up OL.

Find a way.
when you consider cams talent and what he has shown he can do plus the value he comes at as far as his salary it would be hard to cut a guy like that then leave him on the open market for other teams to capitalize on a great bargain
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
When it comes to the last 3 or 4 spots, I'd rather keep the most talented guys than worry about position.

Cam seems more talented to me than Robinson, Thomas, whoever those last CBs are, and any of our back up OL.

Find a way.

I hope we don't cut guys like Lavelle Hawkins and Cam Johnson just so we can keep Trenton Robinson......

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I hope we don't cut guys like Lavelle Hawkins and Cam Johnson just so we can keep Trenton Robinson......

Agreed!
]
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Can we stop patting a player on the back as we push him out the door?

I did not follow Haralson his whole career. Only picked up on him in 2011.

I for one was rather pleased with his "one dimensional" contributions to our "one dimensional" run defense that gave up zero rushing touchdowns through 14 games.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/34689/a-rush-defense-superior-to-the-rest

Anyone who saw the championship game also remembers 98 as part of the pain crew that crushed Bradshaw and Jacobs for 4 quarters in an epic performance to keep us in the game when our offense was at its worst.

That's the kind of "one dimensional" performance I can live with.

Don't remember too many missed tackles either, when backs were in arms length.

We may grow nostalgic for that "one dimensional" consistency this season, I suspect.

What times can we see Johnson in the Charger game? How did he look setting the edge? Thanks..

Not only did he have 2 sacks and the punt blocked for a TD he had multiple pressures where he was dang near a sack. If you look on the int Whitehurst threw to Wilhoite? Johnson was coming and was tackling him as he threw it. Might have been what caused the int. Also, had a sack in the Chiefs game. He looks much better than last year. Give the guy another season to learn, bulk up and work with Tomsula, Aldon and company and could be a consistent pass rusher. He's a free agent after this season though. If we re-sign him could overtake Skuta for #4 ILB but will be tough to get playing time with Skuta being a better ST guy.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Not only did he have 2 sacks and the punt blocked for a TD he had multiple pressures where he was dang near a sack. If you look on the int Whitehurst threw to Wilhoite? Johnson was coming and was tackling him as he threw it. Might have been what caused the int. Also, had a sack in the Chiefs game. He looks much better than last year. Give the guy another season to learn, bulk up and work with Tomsula, Aldon and company and could be a consistent pass rusher. He's a free agent after this season though. If we re-sign him could overtake Skuta for #4 ILB but will be tough to get playing time with Skuta being a better ST guy.

Yes to everything except Cam bulking up. He was like 270 when the Niners drafted him. He doesn't need any bulk. If anything, he could cut some weight.

And Cam is a restricted free agent after this season, so the Niners should have some leverage to get him back for 1 more.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Yes to everything except Cam bulking up. He was like 270 when the Niners drafted him. He doesn't need any bulk. If anything, he could cut some weight.

And Cam is a restricted free agent after this season, so the Niners should have some leverage to get him back for 1 more.

Cam doesn't look anywhere near 270. He looks kind of lanky

Edit: Nvm after looking at some pictures without pads on he's pretty rocked up. He must have a good percentage of body fat
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 30, 2013 at 3:47 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone