There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cam Johnson is a 49er

Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Cam stays. If he develops properly, he may be leverage when it comes to Aldons contract. We may not need Aldon in the future.

Just saying, when it comes to lucrative contracts, you check what is in the cupboard before you dole out cash. Having Lemonier and Cam is a good thing no different than having Patton when it comes to Crabtrees contract talks.
[ Edited by Joecool on Aug 30, 2013 at 1:05 AM ]
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Lemonier and Cam make Brooks expendable so we can have a high salary OLB and a rookie contract OLB to balance the cap hit.

WHOA DERE.........

Cam has an inconsistent motor and that's why he fell in the draft. He had one good game this preseason BUT it was one hell of a game.
Lemonier and Cam make Brooks expendable so we can have a high salary OLB and a rookie contract OLB to balance the cap hit.

I see what your doing there.
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 30, 2013 at 1:13 AM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
WHOA DERE.........

Cam has an inconsistent motor and that's why he fell in the draft. He had one good game this preseason BUT it was one hell of a game.

Lemonier doesn't though and he's actually the best coverage OLB we have so at this point it could be upgrade if his pass rushing technique improves.
Lets just hope a Superbowl is never played in Denver
Originally posted by eonblue:
WHOA DERE.........

Lemonier doesn't though and he's actually the best coverage OLB we have so at this point it could be upgrade if his pass rushing technique improves.

WHOA DERE.........

No. He fell in the draft because of sickle cell. His motor may have been inconsistent, but he's played well all 4 games this preseason, and had a breakthrough game tonight. Trading Parys makes a ton of sense now.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Lets just hope a Superbowl is never played in Denver

This guy is sicke cell too?
Originally posted by zillabeast:

Yup.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Yup.

Poor b*****d.

Doesn't mean he can't be extraordinary eventually though.
Poor b*****d.

Doesn't mean he can't be extraordinary eventually though.

Not at all. Ryan Clark has made a nice career for himself. Got better with age actually. Just can't play in Denver.
WHOA DERE.........

Not saying cut Brooks this year. This is after we give Aldon his big money. Brooks gotta go then with these young guys to replace him. Every roster move we make is for the future cap balance as well as winning now
Originally posted by eonblue:

We love ya Blue, but DAMN, really?
On a serious note...."I told ya so!" Months ago I said there was very good chance Johnson shows more upside and an array of skills to unseat the one-dimensional Haralson. Not only Cam but so did Lemonier and Skuta has had an outstanding pre season. We have 5 true pass rushing OLB's! Congrats to Cam for making the most of his developmental red-shirted year and shining when it mattered...absolute best wishes to Haralson as well!
Can we stop patting a player on the back as we push him out the door?

I did not follow Haralson his whole career. Only picked up on him in 2011.

I for one was rather pleased with his "one dimensional" contributions to our "one dimensional" run defense that gave up zero rushing touchdowns through 14 games.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/34689/a-rush-defense-superior-to-the-rest

Anyone who saw the championship game also remembers 98 as part of the pain crew that crushed Bradshaw and Jacobs for 4 quarters in an epic performance to keep us in the game when our offense was at its worst.

That's the kind of "one dimensional" performance I can live with.

Don't remember too many missed tackles either, when backs were in arms length.

We may grow nostalgic for that "one dimensional" consistency this season, I suspect.

What times can we see Johnson in the Charger game? How did he look setting the edge? Thanks..
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Aug 30, 2013 at 8:05 AM ]