LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Cam Johnson is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sfout:
Mods...merge with "Cam Johnson Is a 9er" Thread???

Harbaugh closed all but 30 minutes of practice to the media hasn't he? So I dont know what you'll be able to find out.

yeah. I agree. Merge with other thread.
He's practicing.
Originally posted by rigs49:
He's practicing.

Haha
Hope Cam gets a chance to play and show his stuff.
Another hats off move to Baalke and company. Cam Johnson was projected to be a high round pick, but when he tested positive for a gene that means he could potentially get sickle cell anemia, his draft stock plummeted. The niners obviously wanted him, and are developing him along with Darius Fleming to be the back up at OLB in 2013. By elevating him they are insuring that Tampa Bay or any other NFL team cannot pick him off of our practice squad. I mention Tampa Bay because they have three of the niners players now on their active roste.

1. Chris Owusu
2. Matt Massifilo (whom I really liked at DE for the 3-4).
3. Chase Beeler

Cam Johnsons draft profile.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=83185&draftyear=2012&genpos=DE
1. Chris Owusu2. Matt Massifilo (whom I really liked at DE for the 3-4).3. Chase Beeler

Were these players taken from 49ers practice squad?
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Haggans has been seeing an average of 10 regular snaps + a few ST snaps a game the past few weeks, it could go a long way for Johnsons future to get him those reps the next 2 weeks.

With the way LaMichael James broke out, I wouldn't be shocked to see Johnson throw down Rustled Wilsons, causing a fumble, pick it up and run off into the endzone.
while delivering a baby

Hope he spikes the right one.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Another hats off move to Baalke and company. Cam Johnson was projected to be a high round pick, but when he tested positive for a gene that means he could potentially get sickle cell anemia, his draft stock plummeted. The niners obviously wanted him, and are developing him along with Darius Fleming to be the back up at OLB in 2013. By elevating him they are insuring that Tampa Bay or any other NFL team cannot pick him off of our practice squad. I mention Tampa Bay because they have three of the niners players now on their active roste.

1. Chris Owusu
3. Chase Beeler

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=83185&draftyear=2012&genpos=DE

Strong Stanford lineup is strong. Owusu went over to San Diego and then got signed off their practice squad by the Bucs. I don't think either Masofilo nor Beeler made the final cut with the 49ers.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 22, 2012 at 9:52 AM ]
Palmer was the one signed off our PS by Indy. Masifilo by TB.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Haggans has been seeing an average of 10 regular snaps + a few ST snaps a game the past few weeks, it could go a long way for Johnsons future to get him those reps the next 2 weeks.

With the way LaMichael James broke out, I wouldn't be shocked to see Johnson throw down Rustled Wilsons, causing a fumble, pick it up and run off into the endzone.
while delivering a baby

Hope he spikes the right one.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:

1. Chris Owusu
3. Chase Beeler

Strong Stanford lineup is strong. Owusu went over to San Diego and then got signed off their practice squad by the Bucs. I don't think either Masofilo nor Beeler made the final cut with the 49ers.

Owusu went to SD psquad instead of ours because he had a better chance of making it onto SD rather then our lineup let alone another team like TB. Masifilo was on our PS after final cuts before being poached by TB, Beeler was on our PS all of last season, signed to a futures deal but did not survive final cut day before signing with TB psquad.
I trust Mayock the most out of all the 'draft guru's' and look forward to seeing Cam play. a sack in his first game would be a welcome sight!!!
BTW I cant find his uni # on the official site. anyone have that info?
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Log jam at OLB, but I thought he helped himself tonight.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
cam looks the part, but he's not showing any destruction in his play.
he either does not play hard, or he's too long to be very sudden.
when it comes to suddenness of play, lemonier shames cam.
I think Cam is one of those guys who needs lots of playing time to get better.

Lemonier really looks special
Share 49ersWebzone