Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'm better with this pick now.

~ Big production.
~ Fast.
~ Quick.
~ Great hands.
~ Great routes.
~ Separation ability clearly seen on film.
~ Runs every route well.

He honestly reminds me of Marvin Harrison. I'm calling star player.....

Star....

~ Big production.
~ Fast.
~ Quick.
~ Great hands.
~ Great routes.
~ Runs every route well.

I agree. My only thread I've started was in the Draft Forum about this AJ Jenkins guy from Illinois and how I wanted us to draft him. Everyone that posted after seemed to be making fun of me for asking about him. I will back up my belief by buying his jersey. I have never bought a jersey before but my first one will have Jenkins on the back.
AJ Jenkins is the songbird of his generation
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ezekiel40:

~ Big production.
~ Fast.
~ Quick.
~ Great hands.
~ Great routes.
~ Runs every route well.

I agree. My only thread I've started was in the Draft Forum about this AJ Jenkins guy from Illinois and how I wanted us to draft him. Everyone that posted after seemed to be making fun of me for asking about him. I will back up my belief by buying his jersey. I have never bought a jersey before but my first one will have Jenkins on the back.
Okay, AJ, we hear you... Welcome to the 49ers!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
Originally posted by susweel:
He does remind me a little of Jerry Rice the way he runs. This kid is gonna be special.

If Susweel likes him you know it's a good pick!

Lol this is true! Man I missed this comment... Susweel saying something positive about a 49er. I don't know what that means for him, but it does make me smile haha

lol, just being positive
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Greg Cossell loves the pick.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
McShay on the Jenkins pick:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7860983

Says while he may not be a star, he is an obvious fit and will be a very good player. Makes mention of his speed.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by ezekiel40:

~ Big production.
~ Fast.
~ Quick.
~ Great hands.
~ Great routes.
~ Runs every route well.

Okay, AJ, we hear you... Welcome to the 49ers!

The more I see of him and read I think he will be real good. He's not slow and suggish like Crab. There is explosive speed there.
While we're talking about AJ, can someone name this track from his NFL Combine workout video? It's pretty sick.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d827cab1e/2012-Combine-workout-A-J-Jenkins

Then again it could just be something synthesized
As soon as I heard about this pick my first reaction was who the f**k is AJ Jenkins. So I looked up combine grades. Faster 40, Bigger Hands, and can get his hand just as high as the taller earlier picked Michael Floyd. I have no complaints.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
CK and AJ = Future
one thing about jenkins from the utube highlights--it looks like he gets seperation, whether or not he plays to his speed....niners wrs didnt seperate well last year

he was all big ten academically, so im sure he uses his head to figure out how to get open
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
What number will he choose
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Pick6:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by jreff22:
that was kind of what every person was complaining about.....remember

there is a reason why people wanted Hill, Fleener, Randle, Streeter..etc etc...a big tall body

Like I've been saying all offseason, people on here overrate height. Victor Cruz is only 6 feet tall. Manningham isn't tall either. These guys are play-makers and that's what your team needs.

I think I trust someone who watches film and knows how to scout over people who just pick the tall guys and watch 5 minute youtube highlights .

Its not just about height, I agree. The ability to run crisp routes and get separation and have good hands, also helps in scoring.

THIS. All of a sudden if a player isn't 6'4+ he isn't a red zone target. Hands, Route Running and separation are more important than size.

Not saying he cant be but most of the top TD leading guys were 6'2 or bigger.
Of course there are some beastly tall guys who are solid redzone targets and maybe 5 guys stand above the rest with at least 10 touchdowns.

But there are also plenty of examples of shorter guys putting up plenty of touchdowns in the 7-9 TD range- Greg Jennings, Welker, Cruz, Steve Smith, Santonio holmes, Mike Wallace(who some wanted us to spend a first on), Roddy White, James Jones, torrey smith. All under 6'2".
Crab = Crab
Edwards = Moss
Morgan = Manningham
Williams = Jenkins
Us = Championship
Share 49ersWebzone