There are 143 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
I'm not sure how you can write off a player who wasn't expected to play much anyway. Crabtree didn't do a whole lot his first 5 years and look at him now. If he goes belly up next year and shows no improvement then I'll be upset but I'm not gonna overreact after this year and call him a bust.

Crabs just completed his 4th year......

and he did manage to catch a ball or two his first year
Jenkins is a bust. Yes, I know it was his first year,but what first round draft pick never gets on the field. This isn't college. You don't red shirt 1st round picks. Thier expected to help the team. That's why thier drafted in the 1st round. Sad as it is we need another wideout for what the 3 year in a row.

P.S. What is with this new front office having trouble drafting good wideouts by the way. They just suck at it. I mean other then Crabtree.
[ Edited by Tommyboy on Feb 5, 2013 at 9:14 PM ]
Hopefully he will join kaep in atl next week I think that would help him a lot
Originally posted by Tommyboy:
Jenkins is a bust. Yes, I know it was his first year,but what first round draft pick never gets on the field. This isn't college. You don't red shirt 1st round picks. Thier expected to help the team. That's why thier drafted in the 1st round. Sad as it is we need another wideout for what the 3 year in a row.

P.S. What is with this new front office having trouble drafting good wideouts by the way. They just suck at it. I mean other then Crabtree.

Was Carson Palmer a bust because he didnt play at all his first season? How about Aaron Rodgers?
Jenkins was a bust for his rookie season but he can definitely get out of that and be very good for us.
Originally posted by Tommyboy:

kap basically sat out a year and a half, and LMJ never woulda seen the field if it wasn't for hunter getting hurt
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Was Carson Palmer a bust because he didnt play at all his first season? How about Aaron Rodgers?
Jenkins was a bust for his rookie season but he can definitely get out of that and be very good for us.

Colin Kaepernick?
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

Colin Kaepernick?

Yeah but he said first round picks.
If I remember correctly, John Taylor sat his first year as well and look how he turned out. Could be wrong on that but anyway some players just take more time to get it at the NFL level.

I'm willing to give him this next year. With another full offseason, he should start coming around and could really make a difference for us cause Moss is gone and Manningham may take awhile to get back.

heres hoping!
Yeah but he said first round picks.

oops
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I wonder how many fans would be willing to eat there own words if he comes out next season, and plays out of his mind, i hope it would be more then the ones still trapped in the QB debate.

Would have no problems eating up a plate of crow meat if he does that.....Would enjoy ever bit of it...Mmmmmm

same here--I will gladly eat my own words.

Originally posted by rk1642:
If I remember correctly, John Taylor sat his first year as well and look how he turned out. Could be wrong on that but anyway some players just take more time to get it at the NFL level.

I'm willing to give him this next year. With another full offseason, he should start coming around and could really make a difference for us cause Moss is gone and Manningham may take awhile to get back.

heres hoping!

John Taylor was drafted in the 3rd round and there wasn't alot expected out of him. Jenkins was drafted in the first and with that comes a whole different set of expectations. If we had taken Jenkins in the 3rd round last year then you can bet this thread would be cut in half and people wouldn't be complaining so much about him.
Originally posted by rk1642:

heres hoping!

John Taylor was drafted in the 3rd round and there wasn't alot expected out of him. Jenkins was drafted in the first and with that comes a whole different set of expectations. If we had taken Jenkins in the 3rd round last year then you can bet this thread would be cut in half and people wouldn't be complaining so much about him.

Yeah. Its looking more like we should of drafted J. Jenkins instead.

Taylor was put in service day one, and arguably turned into the second most dangerous punt returner in modern day football ( old timers will remember who was number 1 --- white shoes). Psychologically, it's tough to come back from a skill position washout season when you are drafted number 1, unless you are a qb.
Bringing up QBs is pointless and ignorant

No, Jenkins prob will never be a "very good" first round pick
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
AJ Jenkins will produce a bit next year, and a lot more in his 3rd year.

Than all the haters will say "I told you he is the best EVVVVAAAAARRRRR" Look at my AJ Jenkins jersey dood!!!!!!

You just described as 1st Round bust
Share 49ersWebzone