LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 237 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by valrod33:
They are purposely not using him and saving him for the Super Bowl, remember Roman said they like to keep their best cards hidden until they need them? Well thats what they are doing with Jenkins.

The Ravens will see him on the field and not even cover him and thats when he will strike. He will have 8 catches for 175 yards and 2 TDs and be named super bowl MVP in a losing effort

BOOK IT

lol...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
bundle him up in the trade of alex smith.

are you kidding,, that would lower the trade value for us.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
They are purposely not using him and saving him for the Super Bowl, remember Roman said they like to keep their best cards hidden until they need them? Well thats what they are doing with Jenkins.

The Ravens will see him on the field and not even cover him and thats when he will strike. He will have 8 catches for 175 yards and 2 TDs and be named super bowl MVP in a losing effort

BOOK IT
lots of people thought the same thing in the last two games i think the tit is running dry on jenkins. the only hope we have for him is to see how hard he works in the off season and how much improvement we see in him come camp. if we are still setting here in sept having the same discussion that we are having now about him,,, well i just do not know
How about let him sit and next year im sure he'll be worth it. Its not like we extremely need him at this point. Secret superbowl weapon but in a WINNING EFFORT.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by echav4949:
How about let him sit and next year im sure he'll be worth it. Its not like we extremely need him at this point. Secret superbowl weapon but in a WINNING EFFORT.

actually we do need a third wide out, now since crabs continues at a high level, moss has made some plays, gore can still catch it out of the back field walker actually caught a ball last week and vernon emerged, it is not a tragic need like it was 3 weeks ago. i have been listening to this secret weapon talk for a couple weeks now but still have yet to see it,,, unless it was the plan to get chad hall on the field ahead of jenkins, thus lulling other teams into a false sense of security
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by echav4949:

actually we do need a third wide out, now since crabs continues at a high level, moss has made some plays, gore can still catch it out of the back field walker actually caught a ball last week and vernon emerged, it is not a tragic need like it was 3 weeks ago. i have been listening to this secret weapon talk for a couple weeks now but still have yet to see it,,, unless it was the plan to get chad hall on the field ahead of jenkins, thus lulling other teams into a false sense of security

I just believe at this point its too late and also wouldnt be the main reason if we were to lose sb47 which i doubt we lose. So therefore no point in talking about jenkins. Secret weapon stuff is just dreaming. We cant assume ALL 1st round picks are guaranteed playmakers. So jenkins could potentially be colin in wr department next year. That would be great. Just a shame manningham and williams got hurt.
Im done with AJ there is a good reason he isnt playing ala brandon jacobs he must be a b***h.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49amane:
Im done with AJ there is a good reason he isnt playing ala brandon jacobs he must be a b***h.
he is a number one so you give him another off season. that is the logical side of me,, the emotional side of me agrees with you very much
Wow comparing a Rookie to an irate a*****e who believed he was entitled to playing, thats kinda low don't you think?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Way too early to judge anything about AJ Jenkins. He's a rookie...we will see how he is doing in 2013 season.

Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Wow comparing a Rookie to an irate a*****e who believed he was entitled to playing, thats kinda low don't you think?

comparing him to a superbowl champion who actually had game and ran over people.. NO
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by SkyGod:
What really pisses me off as well about taking Jenkins with our #1 pick is that the 49ers had all of Martin Hill Randle Wilson & Fleener in for pre draft workouts and still couldn't get it right.

Oh well Baalke & Harbaugh prove they human too. But better learn from mistakes can't keep screwing up with our #1 picks.

Um, just refresh my memory about how they "keep" screwing up with our #1 picks will you?

Yeah, our picks have been very good. The 2011 draft was amazing, and the 2012 draft not bad....really not known yet. Some injuries to the OLB depth we looked to add, and LMJ was a great pick (though less than two months ago, we would have thought of him as a great unknown). Jenkins frankly started the season deep on the depth chart. He most likely needs more time to work and show his potential. LMJ worked hard, and had a very good opportunity present itself.
In the pre season Jenkins seemed to have a good rapport with Kaep in the pre season, he caught most of the passes his way from Kaep, not as much from Alex, now we just need to see it in a game that matters, and the rest of our "good" ps receivers are long gone now we need him to show up because I doubt we can budget a good receiver in the off season, and we have a few more important positions we need in the draft.
Originally posted by English:
Um, just refresh my memory about how they "keep" screwing up with our #1 picks will you?

I meant that as in future #1 picks and not past #1's.
At this point I think it is too early to indicate what Jenkins professional talents will be. Great in college; unsure about the pros. He needs to prove himself wihat all due haste!

Sounds harsh, I know, but what I have learned with the QB situation is that what is best for the team is not an emotional decision; it is one based on knowledge that the average or below average fan does not have. (This clearly includes me.)

That being said, I like Jenkins; I think he will workout. IF not to be sure Coach Jimmy will not hesitate to cut the 9ers losses and move the Hell on to more fertile ground.. Cold but true.

And, as a FAN, I'll allow it!
Share 49ersWebzone