There are 152 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
So an August 1st practice is evidence that Jenkins has a bad attitude all year? Seems a bit presumptive.

Harbaugh said Hall was very adept at a play that was inserted in the game plan when asked about Jenkins not getting the opportunity. He also said Jenkins was still ahead of Hall on the depth chart. I'll take him at his word until he changes it. I wish Jenkins could push for time but it isn't happening so now I hope he will get a clue with another training camp. If he doesn't then they need to bring in another WR...which means they need to draft one to compete and potentially bring in a FA.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
So an August 1st practice is evidence that Jenkins has a bad attitude all year? Seems a bit presumptive.

Harbaugh said Hall was very adept at a play that was inserted in the game plan when asked about Jenkins not getting the opportunity. He also said Jenkins was still ahead of Hall on the depth chart. I'll take him at his word until he changes it. I wish Jenkins could push for time but it isn't happening so now I hope he will get a clue with another training camp. If he doesn't then they need to bring in another WR...which means they need to draft one to compete and potentially bring in a FA.

I wouldn't.

signed Alex Smith.
Originally posted by KEGster:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
That's the first that anyone (except KEGster, obviously) has heard of it.

"It was Jenkins' second rep in one-on-one drills against cornerback Perrish Cox. In their first battle, Jenkins caught a short pass for a small gain. Jenkins has been doing a lot of this the last few practices – catching short passes in front of defenders who have given him too much space at the line of scrimmage.

Jenkins' second rep visibly frustrated coach Johnnie Morton, who wanted the young receiver to run a deep route but threw his hat in disgust and dressed the receiver down in front of the media when Jenkins cut off his route, turned to face the quarterback and looked for a short pass instead."

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/08/inside-the-49ers/a-j-jenkins-frustrates-coach-in-practice/

I didn't say he has an attitude problem in the sense of being a brat or jerk. He has struggled to show the attitude needed to be a player in the Professional Football League. Case in point: We didn't draft you in the 1st Round to run 5 yard routes

Lol, Grant Cohn
Originally posted by KEGster:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
That's the first that anyone (except KEGster, obviously) has heard of it.

"It was Jenkins' second rep in one-on-one drills against cornerback Perrish Cox. In their first battle, Jenkins caught a short pass for a small gain. Jenkins has been doing a lot of this the last few practices – catching short passes in front of defenders who have given him too much space at the line of scrimmage.

Jenkins' second rep visibly frustrated coach Johnnie Morton, who wanted the young receiver to run a deep route but threw his hat in disgust and dressed the receiver down in front of the media when Jenkins cut off his route, turned to face the quarterback and looked for a short pass instead."

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/08/inside-the-49ers/a-j-jenkins-frustrates-coach-in-practice/

I didn't say he has an attitude problem in the sense of being a brat or jerk. He has struggled to show the attitude needed to be a player in the Professional Football League. Case in point: We didn't draft you in the 1st Round to run 5 yard routes

Grant Cohn did not read lol
Originally posted by cciowa:
you have said nothing wrong. the guy has had 20 plus weeks of practice but can not beat out chad hall?

Harbaugh did say that the only reason Hall was in wasnt because he was better then anyone else, it was because they had a specifically designed play set for him. Maybe he's just b******tting maybe hes not who knows its Harbaugh.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by cciowa:
you have said nothing wrong. the guy has had 20 plus weeks of practice but can not beat out chad hall?

Harbaugh did say that the only reason Hall was in wasnt because he was better then anyone else, it was because they had a specifically designed play set for him. Maybe he's just b******tting maybe hes not who knows its Harbaugh.

Ummm … Coach Jimmy always has a plan up his sleeve .
Jenkins and Akers have been the only disappointments this season. It's tough when your 1st round pick can make it on the field. I see a lot of similarities between him and Kentwan Balmer. Both talented but considered projects and both couldn't make it on the field.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
bundle him up in the trade of alex smith.
Originally posted by SkyGod:
What really pisses me off as well about taking Jenkins with our #1 pick is that the 49ers had all of Martin Hill Randle Wilson & Fleener in for pre draft workouts and still couldn't get it right.

Oh well Baalke & Harbaugh prove they human too. But better learn from mistakes can't keep screwing up with our #1 picks.

Um, just refresh my memory about how they "keep" screwing up with our #1 picks will you?
so far we haven't hit (although a small sample size) on WR's with this group of evaluators

Originally posted by jreff22:
so far we haven't hit (although a small sample size) on WR's with this group of evaluators

Two words and a Smiley

Ronald Johnson....
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Two words and a Smiley

Ronald Johnson....

sad thing is RoJo has the same amount of catches as our current #1
I don't get what the deal is with Jenkins. He and Alex were the only ones to not take a snap in the NFCC. Alex is the backup so that makes sense. I remember in preseason being excited to see him and Kaep play together. They would go for the deep pass and Jenkins would have his guy beat but Kaep's passes were a little off. Even looking at highlights of him from preseason, I don't understand why he isn't getting on the field for a couple of plays. I keep thinking every week he is going to catch a deep throw like Baltimore does with Torrie smith.
They are purposely not using him and saving him for the Super Bowl, remember Roman said they like to keep their best cards hidden until they need them? Well thats what they are doing with Jenkins.

The Ravens will see him on the field and not even cover him and thats when he will strike. He will have 8 catches for 175 yards and 2 TDs and be named super bowl MVP in a losing effort

BOOK IT
Originally posted by valrod33:
They are purposely not using him and saving him for the Super Bowl, remember Roman said they like to keep their best cards hidden until they need them? Well thats what they are doing with Jenkins.

The Ravens will see him on the field and not even cover him and thats when he will strike. He will have 8 catches for 175 yards and 2 TDs and be named super bowl MVP in a losing effort

BOOK IT

I think I may break down laughing and jump up for joy at the same time if that happened
Share 49ersWebzone