LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 402 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This guy reminds me a lot of Victor Cruz, from strengths to weaknesses. -Great pick (and value) regardless of how he develops since we lost Josh Morgan, and Moss might not be any guarantee in the near future.

-Also agree with Peter King, Michael Floyd is horribly overrated; a terrible injury bug. -In fact I think Justin Blackmon was drafted too high out of desperation, guy cannot f**king catch worth s**t, and this cannot be fixed until he wears finger extenders in his gloves.

Jenkins seems faster than Cruz as evidenced his blazing combine results (40 yard dash, vertical, and broad jump)
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Axl49:
Need a Guard and we didnt get one I hope dont bite us in the ass.

We have our 2 starting guards already. Kilgore will be awesome.
Thats been my position. But it seems that we just can't convince people on Kilgore and JH's developmental abilities.
I think what bothers people is we were looking for a 6'3+ RZ target and didnt get it. Wonder if we go back to WR again....use Jenkins to replace Williams and another kid to push Moss/Manningham?
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Was this posted before? Killer fb cover photo

There are still a lot of good players available. Lineman dropped much farther than had been projected. There are still 3 great interior lineman prospects in Glenn, Konz, and Silatolu. In addition to a couple OLB prospects in Upshaw, and Andre Branch, and yes even Fleener.

My prediction, we trade up into the mid 2nd round to secure one of those three interior lineman prospects.
I like the pick and love the speed.
Originally posted by J49er:
Blame WR coach Morton..its his inability to evaluate wr talent (see Ronald Johnson)..He fell in love with Jenkins in the pre draft visit and convinced Harbaugh thus convincing front office that AJ Jenkins was the man to choose over Fleener and Hill, Alshon, Sanu, Randle, Quick and every other receiver in the draft..

a 6th round pick lolololololol

vs

a 1st round pick
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Axl49:
Need a Guard and we didnt get one I hope dont bite us in the ass.

We have our 2 starting guards already. Kilgore will be awesome.
Thats been my position. But it seems that we just can't convince people on Kilgore and JH's developmental abilities.

Serious man. People are acting like hes not even on the team. He is more proven at this point than any rookie we would have or will draft.
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
How can anybody hate on this pick?! Especially after Aldon last year?

We just watched every single team pass on Fleener and Hill... some passed on them twice. So, uh... maybe they're just not as good as the hype. Time will tell.

not saying i dont love the pick, and sorry to quote you, but im sick and tired of everyone pointing out aldon from last year, yes balke made a great pick last year and is a better talent evalutor than any of us on the forum that does not mean that he incapable of making a bust pick.
I wasn't aware Illinois had a football team, but I'll give Harbs and Baalke the benefit of the doubt. Jenkins is smart and wears my favorite number.

• J49er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by afflecksloverboy:
source?

Listen to CSN Bay Area news conference where Harbaugh mentions the meeting the coaching staff particularly Morton convinced them he was the right guy for the team...i strongly disagree and i think Morton needs to go..he thought Ronald Johnson would be great..
Originally posted by jreff22:
I think what bothers people is we were looking for a 6'3+ RZ target and didnt get it. Wonder if we go back to WR again....use Jenkins to replace Williams and another kid to push Moss/Manningham?

I'm thinking, draft a tall TE. If not trading up for Fleener, then drafting a guy like Ladarius Green, Michael Egnew, or Taylor Thompson. Even guys like Orson Charles and Dwayne Allen could work.

Though, with all the tall WR in the draft still, that wouldn't surprise me either.
i listened to the KNBR interview with him and Harbaugh and when you listen to Jenkins, it's impossible not to like the pick from a personality standpoint.

I have to do my homework and watch some film on him but sounds like a great find.

The more weapons on O the better.

Now hopefully a good guard or center like Konz is still available in the 2nd. Or I could easily see them trading up to get a guy they want.
all the other WRs seem like they were only good at one or two things. based on this guys combine numbers in all the drills and his production in school, route running and seperation from his defender on most plays id say this guy is gonna be a beast. i was a little surprised like everyone else but after reading a few things about this guy and watching some video im very impressed
Jenkins is obviously a project, given that our current receiving corps are ready to produce here and now: Moss/Crabs/Manningham. This gives Harbaugh the luxury to groom Jenkins to earn a starting role in the future, with all of the work habits Harbaugh relishes in his players instilled during the time Jenkins spends on the bench.
Share 49ersWebzone