LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 119 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This logic sucks. James got a chance because of injury and ran with it. Jenkins has had opportunities with Manningham and Williams being injured and got beat out by a street free agent. Meanwhile guys like Randle and Hill were actively contributing to their teams.

If Jenkins was worth a damn right now, he'd be in there instead of a guy off the street. To claim otherwise is ridiculous.

My point is that if Hunter hadn't gotten hurt, James would likely have never played this year and I guarantee you all offseason people would have been calling him a bust 'for never dressing all year', and clearly they would have been wrong. Just like Jenkins could easily wind up panning out even though he has so far shown to not be ready as a rookie.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
What exactly seems to be the problem with Jenkins? He doesn't know the playbook? He can't catch? He has a bad attitude? I mean what the hell seems to be the f**king problem?

Dude relax. Most WRs suck hard their first year or two or three in the league. Last I checked everyone one here was saying get rid of Crabtree a year ago. We are too quick to judge these players. Give him time.

Just need some contribution from the kid.

i know long it takes WRs to translate from college to nfl but cmon this guy hasnt even caught a ball. alot of rookies pick in way later rounds were able to at least have one catch. The problem i see with jenkins is that he cant get seperation. You would think that having randy moss as a mentor would help his ability to get away from DBs
Originally posted by jreff22:
Roman was a starter from the get go....Hall was on the PS

I'm not interested in duration of tenure, the bottom line is that Goldson couldn't beat out a guy who was just absolutely atrocious when he was a youngin'
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
What exactly seems to be the problem with Jenkins? He doesn't know the playbook? He can't catch? He has a bad attitude? I mean what the hell seems to be the f**king problem?

Dude relax. Most WRs suck hard their first year or two or three in the league. Last I checked everyone one here was saying get rid of Crabtree a year ago. We are too quick to judge these players. Give him time.

Just need some contribution from the kid.

i know long it takes WRs to translate from college to nfl but cmon this guy hasnt even caught a ball. alot of rookies pick in way later rounds were able to at least have one catch. The problem i see with jenkins is that he cant get seperation. You would think that having randy moss as a mentor would help his ability to get away from DBs

i really hope that i am wrong about jenkins! we need him to be the WR we drafted for.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
you guys are seriously still doubting this coaching staff????

lmao, give it time, we don't need jenkins to be a star immediately

They will make mistakes. Akers and Jacobs come to mind.

i dont like morton as the WR coach. i think we should try for a WR guru next season, if there are any out there
Originally posted by kap2crab:

I'm not interested in duration of tenure, the bottom line is that Goldson couldn't beat out a guy who was just absolutely atrocious when he was a youngin'

I know Goldson did have the injury bug for a while early in his career, dont remember if he was out in the beginning of the season or not.

i dont like morton as the WR coach. i think we should try for a WR guru next season, if there are any out there

Crabs has played much better. Although I dont know if its coaching, maturity, or actually being healthy for once....or a mixture. Ham and KW were playing well and Moss is Moss. Not sure if its a coaching problem?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

First off, you f**king relax. Just need some contribution from the kid.

i really hope that i am wrong about jenkins! we need him to be the WR we drafted for.

We're all hoping he's not a bust. He just needs to show something or they're going to cut his ass.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 21, 2013 at 12:51 AM ]

you're comparing a 1st round pick to a kicker and a FA safety valve RB....good comparison lmao
The thought of all the other players we passed on in the draft to select this dude makes me think of Rashaun Woods all over again... BUT I would gladly trade selecting a bust good-for-nothin receiver in the first round for a Lombardi trophy.

you're comparing a 1st round pick to a kicker and a FA safety valve RB....good comparison lmao

Well its hard to find a comparison for a healthy 1st round WR not playing for any team while a PS player starts over him.....you find me a comparison of that magnitude.
Originally posted by kap2crab:

I know Goldson did have the injury bug for a while early in his career, dont remember if he was out in the beginning of the season or not.

Dashon Goldson was a 4th round pick.

Any comparisons to crabtree, kaep, goldson, or any other 49er currently on the roster are laughable at best.

The guy is a 1st round draft choice, and has made 0 contributions, even after our WR core was decimated due to injurys, looked utterly lost, and just got knocked further down the depth chart in favor of a nobody.

Yea because the comparisons to crabtree, kaep and goldson are much, much better.

No one is questioning the coaching staff. They are questioning Jenkins. Every team misses a pick here and there. This draft seems to be worse than other recent drafts, but no staff is perfect.

If your not worried about Jenkins your either not paying attention, or you are blindly optimistic.
he is going to catch the game winning TD in the SB...book it!

People have been booking it since he was elivated to the active roster. People have booked it the last two games. I seriously hope you guys dont bet.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jan 21, 2013 at 1:02 AM ]

Morton has done just fine. We made it work last season with a makeshift receiving corps all season. Not to mention Crabtree has continued to get better and better under Morton. I'm sure having Randy has helped a little this season but you could see Crabtree making strides last season and begining to develop into a more complete receiver then. At the begining of this season when everybody was healthy, our receivers looked really solid. Lots of great coaches miss on talented players all the time and thats because everybody that enters the NFL is talented. Sometimes its about commitment from the player and less about the coaching.

With that said, we need to be patient. This kid is still very young. I thought it was understood when we drafted him, we were drafting for potential and not immediate success. Look at how terrible Heyward-Bey was his rookie season when the Raiders drafted him. He hasn't developed into a stud or anything but he is a dependable deep threat for the team and has had a couple decent seasons. He probably would have had an even better season with some better quarterback play this year. This is of course all moot anyhow, because the point is. Be patient, we haven't needed this kid to have his moment yet so give it time and see how hard he works for it in the offseason.
Share 49ersWebzone