LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
"Baalke said the Minnesota Vikings called the 49ers to see if they were interested in trading. That would have given the 49ers the third pick in the second round.

But Baalke said he worried that another team would have come in and taken Jenkins before the 49ers. "He would have gone a lot sooner tomorrow than a lot of people think," Baalke said."

Rams or Colts were the only two teams ahead of the Vikings at #3 tomorrow. Make of it what you will.

What else would they have gotten I wonder? Probably wouldnt have been worth it to them even though it was only 5 spots. Its not like the salary is a big difference. They were probably offering a 5th or 6th round pick. Totally not worth it.
listened to him on knbr just now he said his agent had told him b4 the draft that the buzz on him was late 1st rd or early 2nd rd
repost
[ Edited by btthepunk on Apr 26, 2012 at 10:16 PM ]
Originally posted by btthepunk:
"Baalke said the Minnesota Vikings called the 49ers to see if they were interested in trading. That would have given the 49ers the third pick in the second round.

But Baalke said he worried that another team would have come in and taken Jenkins before the 49ers. "He would have gone a lot sooner tomorrow than a lot of people think," Baalke said."

Rams or Colts were the only two teams ahead of the Vikings at #3 tomorrow. Make of it what you will.

What else would they have gotten I wonder? Probably wouldnt have been worth it to them even though it was only 5 spots. Its not like the salary is a big difference. They were probably offering a 5th or 6th round pick. Totally not worth it.
what the Ravens got a 4th
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Per Peter King

Just talked to one team with a receiver need who liked first-round stunner AJ Jenkins over Michael Floyd.

https://twitter.com/#!/SI_PeterKing/status/195738901929930753

was probably the raiders

Al is dead

He was dead for a couple years, then made it official
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Need a Guard and we didnt get one I hope dont bite us in the ass.
This guy reminds me a lot of Victor Cruz, from strengths to weaknesses. -Great pick (and value) regardless of how he develops since we lost Josh Morgan, and Moss might not be any guarantee in the near future.

-Also agree with Peter King, Michael Floyd is horribly overrated; a terrible injury bug. -In fact I think Justin Blackmon was drafted too high out of desperation, guy cannot f**king catch worth s**t, and this cannot be fixed until he wears finger extenders in his gloves.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Pass.
Originally posted by Axl49:
Need a Guard and we didnt get one I hope dont bite us in the ass.

We have our 2 starting guards already. Kilgore will be awesome.

Pass.

Could let us take our 2nd second round with that additional 4th and move into the teens
[ Edited by jreff22 on Apr 26, 2012 at 10:21 PM ]

• okdkid
  • Veteran
How can anybody hate on this pick?! Especially after Aldon last year?

We just watched every single team pass on Fleener and Hill... some passed on them twice. So, uh... maybe they're just not as good as the hype. Time will tell.

Pass.

Don't need to stock draft picks, our team is almost all set. Take the guys we want, move up for the ones we want and move on. Not saying our guys are infallible but I trust them.
  • J49er
  • Veteran
Blame WR coach Morton..its his inability to evaluate wr talent (see Ronald Johnson)..He fell in love with Jenkins in the pre draft visit and convinced Harbaugh thus convincing front office that AJ Jenkins was the man to choose over Fleener and Hill, Alshon, Sanu, Randle, Quick and every other receiver in the draft..
Jenkins looks like a work horse compared to the other one trick ponys
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by J49er:
Blame WR coach Morton..its his inability to evaluate wr talent (see Ronald Johnson)..He fell in love with Jenkins in the pre draft visit and convinced Harbaugh thus convincing front office that AJ Jenkins was the man to choose over Fleener and Hill, Alshon, Sanu, Randle, Quick and every other receiver in the draft..

source?
Share 49ersWebzone