LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 150 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Bodhi:
Crabtree was a bust 3 months ago.

But seriously Jenkins seems worthless

Crabtree never fell behind a guy who had just been signed a few days ago on the depth chart, not sure what the f**k is wrong with Jenkins, hope he can get it together otherwise its a total waste of a 1st round pick which could have been used so much more productively, especially to get depth at 3-4 DE.

Yeah, Crabtree has been our top WR since he was drafted. He wasn't always the dominant player that he is now, but he's always been productive.

Not sure what's up with AJ. I'm blown away by the fact that he was inactive in favor of Hall. I'm not ready to say he's a bust... but it isn't looking good.

Hopefully he can become at least a good slot receiver.
Jerry Rice offered to mentor him and Jenkins said no. Not a good way to start. Starting training camp out of shape...not a good way to start. Dropping a perfect pass when you finally have a chance...not a good way to start. It does not appear his heart is in the game or the 49ers. Cash you check and stay home or go fishing like another receiver the 49ers picked high, Rashaun Woods. He is starting to smell like one of them "entitled" guys...full of natural ability and gifted athletically, but a lazy dog with fleas when it comes time to perform among men.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
don't care right now it's all about super bowl
I have to admit that I am a little shocked.I will say that when you are a 1st rounder and you a have a practice squad guy like Chad Hall taking away snaps from Jenkins then you know something is wrong. Maybe he's a bad pick, I don't know. But I did expect more.
I have to admit that I am a little shocked.I will say that when you are a 1st rounder and you a have a practice squad guy like Chad Hall taking away snaps from Jenkins then you know something is wrong. Maybe he's a bad pick, I don't know. But I did expect more.
I would say he's the 2ndbworst player on our team that sees playing time. #1 of course being Akers.
At this point I don't think it's his lack of ability, it's like he is in Harbaughs doghouse. He probably didn't have a good response after that 'drop and lining up wrong' game during the regular season and coach told him to ride the pine and learn how to prepare.
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
I would say he's the 2ndbworst player on our team that sees playing time. #1 of course being Akers.

He still CAN'T be worse than Ginn. Watching Ginn get plowed under while attempting to block makes me want to sub a middle school water boy in for him.

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by gunslinger8:

He still CAN'T be worse than Ginn. Watching Ginn get plowed under while attempting to block makes me want to sub a middle school water boy in for him.

Ginn plays over him......
  • fip24
  • Veteran
Its really a shame because a deep threat would make this team almost unstoppable.
Jenkins is holding out for more money
Originally posted by Bodhi:
Crabtree was a bust 3 months ago.

But seriously Jenkins seems worthless

Crabtree was never a bust. Some people just didn't like him because of the contract dispute and holdout. He was always our best and most productive receiver.

Jenkins, on the other hand, couldn't even get on the field until other WRs got injured. And even then, our QB would rather target an undrafted free agent who has been on the active roster for less than a week than go to Jenkins.
It sure would be nice to have gotten a WR that could contribute this year. jeeeez. Even with the depth going down in front of him - both Williams and Manningham -- he can't get on the field over a PS player. Ridiculous.

We saw today what can be done with two solid WR's - they were nearly impossible to defend for a while there - grabbing every close throw.

Shoot - other teams got contributions from Alshon, Floyd, Sanu, Hill. And people on this board said we had better depth than those other teams so those guys wouldn't have played either. BULL.

I love the personnel decisions - you can't get them all right. I hope this GM/CS make the quick decision that if he can't play he get's cut. It's tough due to the money, but it's a grown up decision to move on if you made the wrong call.
Share 49ersWebzone