LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 218 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
At this point, if he amounts to anything, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Its' time to earn his pay check.....No more excuses, after all off season and all regular season you are no longer considered a rookie...
I want to see AJ Jenkins run by Jarrett Bush and leave him ten yards behind him when he catches the ball and is gone. Then I want to hear Jarrett Bush say, "he didn't beat me. I beat myself."
Just wanna see Jenkins get one chance on a fly route this weekend. Maybe put one juke move and just sprint in a line downfield. Just once on Saturday.
Sorry if this was answered earlier in this thread, but has he been open? Has he run by anyone, made a few good moves? CK might simply be looking at the other receivers first. I thought I read someplace that he was open on several plays but was not thrown to.
Originally posted by carlgo:
Sorry if this was answered earlier in this thread, but has he been open? Has he run by anyone, made a few good moves? CK might simply be looking at the other receivers first. I thought I read someplace that he was open on several plays but was not thrown to.

I remember Harbaugh saying he was open once and he was also open on the crossing rout when he dropped the ball.
It's concerning that Ginn got in the game before Jenkins.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jta854:

Its even more concerning that LMJ lined up at WR before Jenkins did last night.
Originally posted by jta854:

We could use him like how GB used Cobb...in the backfield. With he, Ginn, James and before the injuries (Manningham/Williams/Hunter), I'm very surprised we don't connect (or call) any deeper sideline routes or post patterns or fly sweeps, to WR screens, or, etc. Too much speed not to get these guys the ball in space even if you have to get creative (ala Amendola, Cobb, etc.).
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 13, 2013 at 9:28 AM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Link

Remember, 1 month after the draft, the 49ers let their Midwest scout go. He was responsible for scouting A.J. Jenkins. Jenkins better show some promise in Year 2.

Ginn and Walker and James all lined up at WR, Jenkins must really suck. It looks like we will need to draft a Wr in one of the early rounds or sign a Vet. Outside of Crabs what do we have. 2 retuning injured players, Moss and Ginn gone during the off season and Jenkins.
Kid better not leave the bay this offseason.
If it makes anyone feel any better, pretend LeMichael James was the first round pick and AJ Jenkins was the second round pick.
So far LMJ is doing well.

Since we don't see him every day like the coaches do - he's a major question mark.

Still have faith in Baalke/JH. BUT many, many teams have 1st round failures so if AJ bombs - we just keep on truckin'
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners9:
I'm going out on a limb and say he catches a TD this Saturday!

I know you wanted him to do well! I don't think he ceven caught the GB Outbreak they brought in SF! Lol
Share 49ersWebzone