LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Well it doesn't look good, but he has an offseason to get better and work his way into a number 3 role. However, he can't be annointed a bust yet. It just looks like 2012 was the year of the project players.

Not his fault the Niners drafted him in the first when he should have been taken in the 3rd or 4th. Niners are the bust on this one.

There were a few other teams that said they were taking him with their next pick, which was just a few picks from where he was taken.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Well it doesn't look good, but he has an offseason to get better and work his way into a number 3 role. However, he can't be annointed a bust yet. It just looks like 2012 was the year of the project players.

Not his fault the Niners drafted him in the first when he should have been taken in the 3rd or 4th. Niners are the bust on this one.

There were a few other teams that said they were taking him with their next pick, which was just a few picks from where he was taken.

They were wrong too then or just talking
Most scouting services had him as a mid to late 2nd at best and early 4th at worse. Mostly a 3rd would have been about right.
It's really too early to say. He will get great experience in the playoffs and then next year we'll see what he can do.
Just one year. I take nothing away from him this year.

Now, if he can't crack into some decent playing time sometime next year, then I'll start doubting/worrying.

This is the way almost ALL rookies should be brought along. They should see minimal playing time year one. Learn the game first.

I'm not worried.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Just one year. I take nothing away from him this year.

Now, if he can't crack into some decent playing time sometime next year, then I'll start doubting/worrying.

This is the way almost ALL rookies should be brought along. They should see minimal playing time year one. Learn the game first.

I'm not worried.

Agreed. And we were DEEP at WR this season. If all our guys were healthy I don't think LMJ or Jenkins play. I hardly think LMJ is a bust.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

They were wrong too then or just talking

Little early to judge him a bust. People making proclamations like this usually come back simply to say "I told you so" or if they were wrong, then its usually silence.
he will be the Kyle Williams of last season in the playoffs.
Is it just me or does he look like f**king Ziegler out there? Tiny frame.

Guy is a project for sure.
It is definitely way too early to label him a bust. He was probably a project anyways. I think Harbaalke are trying to setup the offensive future with Kap, LMJ, Kendall, Crabs.

However, with our injuries we need him to contribute immediately, and that is where he may falter. Still doesn't make him a bust.

i got bigger arms then dude
We're gonna need him in the playoffs at some point. He better step up. All we got is Crabtree and Moss right now...
How did he do today ? better question. Did he do anything ?
[ Edited by 49rz4Life on Dec 30, 2012 at 9:40 PM ]
  • Jiks
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We threw to him 1 time and he had 1 drop. So he must be a bust for all time. Because you can tell on 1 play. 1 play makes a career in the NFL.....

this

Any body see Andre Johnsons drop? I seen it walking past a tv today. Pretty good one I must say.
Nobody is writing this guy off as a bust but we've had 2 season ending injuries to WRs...you'd think it'd be his chance to step up.
Share 49ersWebzone