There are 271 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SFrush:
Can't help but worry AJ will look like a deer in the headlights on a postseason stage.

Doubt he will get many looks, it's gonna be crabs, Vernon, moss, dwalk, then if they covered he may get a look lol
Originally posted by diablo:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Bust... Waste of a first rounder

just like crabtree and vernon davis were.

Exactly. They had drops left and right early on until they got more experienced and comfortable.

Vernon and crabs showed a lot more than this guy their first year, and sheer talent , this guy has given us ZERO, not 1 yard. I fear he may be someone like Jason hill for us.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

Vernon and crabs showed a lot more than this guy their first year, and sheer talent , this guy has given us ZERO, not 1 yard. I fear he may be someone like Jason hill for us.

I'm now viewing the Jenkins pick with 2 ideas.

1. Hope for a Crabs-like delayed ascendance that takes a few years to happen and see him become a legit #2.

or

2. Use him as nothing more then slot receiver to spell Manningham and Williams, while we draft a legitimate #2 like any of the guys from Tennessee(Hunter, Patterson, even Rodgers from Tenn-Tech), or Marcus Davis from VaTech, Jordan Matthews from Vanderbilt, Marquess Wilson from Wazzou, or Quinton Patton from LaTech.
What the hell did baalke and the rest see in Jenkins!?! Holy s**t what a waste of a 1st round pick
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Holy overreacting batman! the kid has been targeted once in his whole nfl career and youre calling him a bust already?

people here hated vernon until singletary sent him to the locker room.
Originally posted by THEB:
Holy overreacting batman! the kid has been targeted once in his whole nfl career and youre calling him a bust already?

Actually, you are right, he's only had 1 ball thrown his way his whole career
Originally posted by sfout:
I'm now viewing the Jenkins pick with 2 ideas.

1. Hope for a Crabs-like delayed ascendance that takes a few years to happen and see him become a legit #2.

or

2. Use him as nothing more then slot receiver to spell Manningham and Williams, while we draft a legitimate #2 like any of the guys from Tennessee(Hunter, Patterson, even Rodgers from Tenn-Tech), or Marcus Davis from VaTech, Jordan Matthews from Vanderbilt, Marquess Wilson from Wazzou, or Quinton Patton from LaTech.

I see Patton as a legitimate future #1 WR in the NFL. Put him together with Crabtree, someone like Ryan Swope and Jenkins...........

NICE!
W/O the injuries to Williams and Manningham this guy wouldn't have seen the field. I think Baalke/Harbaugh both understand and planned on him being a factor next year. One he's very skinny and he's just not ready. The guy can fly and started to do some things in the preseason this year and I for one will not even begin to think of him as a bust until after next year is over. Look at LMJ ppl were questioning his pick until he started getting opportunities which he actually is getting, Jenkins is not. One pass thrown his way is not a real chance. James is returning kicks and getting the ball in the run game, big difference.

this guy is greener than goose shti.

Completely lost out there, missed a wide open 3 downer,body of a Jason Hill.

Just put Ginn in there. Remember that one handed behind catch Ginn had from Kaep?
Crabtree was a joke (I use that term loosely) in '09, '10...then he showed a bit in '11 and now he's our first 1k since TO and I feel a true #1 WR.
Give it time.
There guys aren't beasts like Megatron/Fitz/etc but they'll get the job done.
I hope.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
this guy is greener than goose shti.

Completely lost out there, missed a wide open 3 downer,body of a Jason Hill.

Just put Ginn in there. Remember that one handed behind catch Ginn had from Kaep?

The 1 receiving yard he has all season...yes I remember....
Well it doesn't look good, but he has an offseason to get better and work his way into a number 3 role. However, he can't be annointed a bust yet. It just looks like 2012 was the year of the project players.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Well it doesn't look good, but he has an offseason to get better and work his way into a number 3 role. However, he can't be annointed a bust yet. It just looks like 2012 was the year of the project players.

Not his fault the Niners drafted him in the first when he should have been taken in the 3rd or 4th. Niners are the bust on this one.
Share 49ersWebzone