LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 178 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
Looks like a starved ethiopian out there. Dont know what baalke saw in him.
Did not grade this guy any higher than a late 3rd-4th round prospect. Still can't believe we blew a 1st on him. So many choices I would've made instead.
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
well in all fairness...we really didn't need him on the field until last week. so of course his stats are gonna suck

I know, why would they have needed a potentially gamebreaking receiver earlier in the season with all the Pro-Bowl WR's on the roster.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Looks like a starved ethiopian out there. Dont know what baalke saw in him.

I saw him standing next to Crabtree and he looked like he was suffering from some sort of wasting disease. A full season in the pro's and he still looks like a borderline anorexic......smh.
Hopefully he will develop into a Michael Crabtree. When Crabtree first arrive, the fans here were also calling for his head the first season because honestly, he was terrible. Plus they thought that he was a diva... one that can't play. Look at him now.

Let's see what happens next year.
f**k. He dropped that pass.
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Hopefully he will develop into a Michael Crabtree. When Crabtree first arrive, the fans here were also calling for his head the first season because honestly, he was terrible. Plus they thought that he was a diva... one that can't play. Look at him now.

Let's see what happens next year.

Crabtree had 5 receptions for 56 yards in his first game after missing the preseason, he followed that up with 80+ yards the next week. He wasn't great but he showed early on that he could make plays. Jenkins? Who the f**k knows, he looked lost in the sauce out there today.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 30, 2012 at 5:22 PM ]
So the only reason he is on the stat sheet for the season is because of 1 drop. LOL.

This kid needs to step up in a few weeks. He may only see 1 or 2 throws come his way, but he has to make the catch when it hits his hands. Every play is critical.
He dropped the only pass thrown his way and he was wide open. Still doesn't know the offense and had to be moved into position a couple of times by Kaep. Not ideal, but what choice do the Niners have with their injury situation?
God, I wish we still had Manningham...

Bust... Waste of a first rounder
We threw to him 1 time and he had 1 drop. So he must be a bust for all time. Because you can tell on 1 play. 1 play makes a career in the NFL.....
If he was so special he would have showed it by now... Obviously the coaches have no faith in and neither does kaep as he saw no throws his way after the drop
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Bust... Waste of a first rounder

just like crabtree and vernon davis were.
Can't help but worry AJ will look like a deer in the headlights on a postseason stage.
Share 49ersWebzone