There are 196 users in the forums

**General NFL Discussion Thread**

Shop 49ers game tickets
Will this be the season that that finally forces Tom Coughlin to retire? I hope so, hate that guy
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Does anybody give a s**t about this thread? lol

Maybe people don't see it since it is stickied. I wish more people would see it though some threads created would be better off as just a post.

This!

Can't it be pinned at the top of the main section? Having it above everything does make it hard to see. But I do agree that people should just post bits of info in here rather than make a whole new thread.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000264982/article/local-columnist-vikings-should-trade-adrian-peterson

I don't know if he their Grant Cohn or if he is just being a sensationalist for the sake of landing clicks (which is why I linked to NFL story and not his) but how hilarious is that? Yes trade AP when it is clear that all need is a QB to be moderately competitive.....and even if it is AP will trade multiple high picks for a 28 going on 29 RB... LOL
I really don't want the NFC North to do to AD what they did to Barry Sanders. If they can make up for the Herschel Walker trade, go for it.
for his sake I wish he'd get traded to a team with some pieces around him
Him and Gore would be a deadly combination

But seriously he deserves a great team around him. If he somehow goes to denver that team will be impossible to stop on offense.
Since when did Grant Cohn start covering the Vikings?
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Him and Gore would be a deadly combination

But seriously he deserves a great team around him. If he somehow goes to denver that team will be impossible to stop on offense.

Umm..I think if you got him, you'd drop Gore.
I think I saw a headline before the last loss that he would not lose his job over this. Maybe that changes if they never win.

I do know all the Giants fans I know want Eli benched.
s**t if youre going to bench eli you have to bench the oline as well. They cant get anything right. If Eli had the niners oline he would be dropping dimes.

Texans fan arent any better but that blew up in their face. Scaub gets hurt. They cheer as he leaves the game and the backup throws a pick6 the next play. That sound like poetic justice.

Benching Eli wont solve the Giants problems but it may be best. Scrap the season and bench him. Get him healthy for next season. Hes T-off behind that oline.

It ceases to amaze me how important a good oline is. It makes the whole team better but more than that a bad one can lead to 0-5.
[ Edited by eonblue on Oct 18, 2013 at 2:24 AM ]

Suffering through a bad O-line. I know it well.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for HearstFan.
I saw this team do something in the past couple of years that I haven't seen this year - they would go after the other team's best player aggressively to take them out of their game. For example, to defeat Suh, the 9ers kept running the wham block to take advantage of Suh's penetration - and it blew him up a few times. It also slowed Suh down because he started looking for blocks coming from unexpected directions.

Or for example, if you know another team has a top cornerback, you might run at him a few times to put some heavy blows on him and get him out of his game. Seems like a good strategy for Sherman :)

But this year, it seems like 9ers are not attacking opposing defenses - for example, Watt kept blasting through into the backfield - yet we never ran right at him with heavy power to blow him up a few times. Maybe it wouldn't have worked - he is pretty darn tough.

My point is, it doesn't seem like the 49ers are as aggressive this year attacking and pounding the opponents strengths. Instead, the offence seems very, very generic?

Thoughts?
Their fans would revolt and riot in the streets.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
I saw this team do something in the past couple of years that I haven't seen this year - they would go after the other team's best player aggressively to take them out of their game. For example, to defeat Suh, the 9ers kept running the wham block to take advantage of Suh's penetration - and it blew him up a few times. It also slowed Suh down because he started looking for blocks coming from unexpected directions.

Or for example, if you know another team has a top cornerback, you might run at him a few times to put some heavy blows on him and get him out of his game. Seems like a good strategy for Sherman :)

But this year, it seems like 9ers are not attacking opposing defenses - for example, Watt kept blasting through into the backfield - yet we never ran right at him with heavy power to blow him up a few times. Maybe it wouldn't have worked - he is pretty darn tough.

My point is, it doesn't seem like the 49ers are as aggressive this year attacking and pounding the opponents strengths. Instead, the offence seems very, very generic?

Thoughts?
Now as we are returning to form we just might as we move along this season. We need teams to feel us once more
Maybe because they're 0-6?
or maybe Victor Cruz salsa dance irks the sh*t out of the football gawds?
Share 49ersWebzone