LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

**General NFL Discussion Thread**

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49ersMVP:
Chiefs fans think they got NFL ROY locked down with Marcus Cooper.

I take a starting FS over a 3rd CB any day
I don't think it's being a homer to see him in the conversation by the end of the season. Free safety is not an easy position. The DROY is usually a linebacker or a pass rusher because it usually takes players longer to learn the free safety position. Reid is already playing like somebody with a great command of the field.
Originally posted by 49ersMVP:
Chiefs fans think they got NFL ROY locked down with Marcus Cooper.

What do they know?
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Kiko Alonso... If you disagree then you have not been paying attention to the NFL in general. The guy is everywhere on the field for a rookie.

Saw a little bit and was impressed.

same Kiko is blowing up right now
Sheldon Richardson of the Jets, had a feeling he was going to be an absolute beast, Jets defense is one of the very best at stuffing the run and he's played a large role in that. He's been incredibly disruptive and plays with an insane motor. PFF gives a 10.5 rating which is damn good for a rookie DL. He and Damon Harrison have been ridiculous.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/93027/cocky-rookie-richardson-is-backing-up-talk

"Mel Kiper had me the third [defensive] tackle getting taken off the board," Richardson said. "[He said] I wasn't a good run-stuffer."

It's true -- in early April, Kiper had Richardson rated as the third-best defensive tackle in the draft, behind Sharrif Floyd of Florida and Star Lotulelei of Utah. But by the time Kiper released his final mock draft, Richardson had risen to the No. 2 defensive tackle. In the end, Richardson was the first one taken -- one spot ahead of Lotulelei, and 10 spots ahead of Floyd. And Richardson has proven worthy of that spot, with 24 tackles and 2.5 sacks in five games. "He's been consistently disruptive," Kiper wrote, "showing tremendous quickness and athleticism, eliminating the chance for blockers to move him and then getting to the second level." "I don't think about what people say good about me, I know what I do good," Richardson said. "I take it with a grain of salt. Thank you for the compliment, but I knew this was gonna happen." Richardson's confidence is striking. The Missouri product said Friday that playing in the NFL hasn't been a big adjustment, and he expected to be making this big an impact right away. "Most definitely did," Richardson said. "You can go back to my interviews at the combine, I said I'm trying to be the top pick in the draft. I feel like I am the top pick in the draft, and I'm trying to be that." He's quickly become a key component of one of the best defenses in the NFL. The Jets are ranked second in the league in yards allowed per game (299.0), first in rushing yards allowed per attempt (3.0), and tied for fifth in sacks (16).
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 12, 2013 at 5:31 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Sheldon Richardson of the Jets, had a feeling he was going to be an absolute beast, Jets defense is one of the very best at stuffing the run and he's played a large role in that. He's been incredibly disruptive and plays with an insane motor. PFF gives a 10.5 rating which is damn good for a rookie DL. He and Damon Harrison have been ridiculous.

I'm saying doe!!!!

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Sheldon Richardson has been awesome. He's a big reason why the Jets D is keeping them in games.

I was stoked during the draft when Mort and Scheft were speculating we might be trading up for Richardson. He came off the board and I was disappointed, but I'm VERY happy with Reid.
Ram's Ogletree making a bid for DROY.
Already more imposing than Iupati and Boone. Wow
Originally posted by xcfan:
i was sold on him 13 months ago, after watching a couple oregon games. no one was saying anything about him then. i was a big fan of him on the .com message board. had him as the 49ers 2nd rd pick in my mock draft (only because i thought he was under the radar and would slide to us), and everybody laughed. sure, he wasn't a need, but was clearly the best player available. he's got heavier hands than any 49er lineman, and only needs to run his feet better to be great.

so, no, i didn't just hear about him last night. feel free to join the kyle fan club...we can't all be early birds.
1st post about him in 2011
2nd post about him in 2012
3rd post about him in 2013
what .com message Board if not this one?
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
what .com message Board if not this one?

you know, the one with the ass-clown, old-lady mod who bans you for saying a cuss word...49ers.com

Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

Meh, he's doing very well in run-blocking but has been a turnstile at times as a pass blocker.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Does anybody give a s**t about this thread? lol

Maybe people don't see it since it is stickied. I wish more people would see it though some threads created would be better off as just a post.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Does anybody give a s**t about this thread? lol

Maybe people don't see it since it is stickied. I wish more people would see it though some threads created would be better off as just a post.

This!
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Meh, he's doing very well in run-blocking but has been a turnstile at times as a pass blocker.

granted, like iupati, he does have herman-munster feet at times, but experience will rid him of most of that. once he gets more instinctual with his feet, he won't have to blindly react and only see the backside of failure.
he's a brute. dancing will be a learned skill.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

I was actually in shock anyone would say he is already more imposing than Iupati and Boone lol
Share 49ersWebzone