LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

**General NFL Discussion Thread**

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by xtm059:
or i dunno maybe stop running BJGE up the middle every goddamn time you put him on the field. Defenses know where its going when he comes in. they send bernard to the outside and he gets into space. Law Firm? Right up the gut every f**king time. I WOULDNT BE SO f**kING FRUSTRATED WITH IT IF GODDAMN ANDY DALTON COULD CONNECT WITH AJ GREEN YOU STUPID f**kING GINGER THROW IT TO HIM

So Green is on your fantasy team?
WTF I said Kiko Alonso in the 1st page and no one quoted me?! Fuq ya'll then!
A little early.

Reis definitely impresses and is in the mix.

Sheldon is playing vey well as is Kiki.

I don't think anyone has really stood out yet like Aldo, Von & Watt did in their rookie years.
Reid is already in the conversation and we've still got quite a way to go in the season. If he starts catching those interceptions, he'll be in the running.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Reid is already in the conversation and we've still got quite a way to go in the season. If he starts catching those interceptions, he'll be in the running.

Reid dropped an INT for the first time last week vs the Texans. At least he got it out of his system now. Hitner says Reid is not a repeat offender and doesn't make the same mistake twice !!
I'm with OP--Long already looks like a Pro Bowler. Great pick for the Bears.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Definitely not Dion Jordan. He was #3 pick and according to some the next Aldon Smith (football-wise). Haven't seen s**t about this guy. Of course I don't search info on the Dolphins whatsoever but he's not even mentioned on national media. Is this guy Brian Bosworth 2.0?

jordan is not stoutly built. he needs to play 4-3 olb or tight end. but he's probably too tall and long to be really good at 4-3 olb. i've always thought he was suited to play nfl tight end.
Originally posted by xcfan:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Definitely not Dion Jordan. He was #3 pick and according to some the next Aldon Smith (football-wise). Haven't seen s**t about this guy. Of course I don't search info on the Dolphins whatsoever but he's not even mentioned on national media. Is this guy Brian Bosworth 2.0?

jordan is not stoutly built. he needs to play 4-3 olb or tight end. but he's probably too tall and long to be really good at 4-3 olb. i've always thought he was suited to play nfl tight end.

I didn't like Jordan coming out and thought he was way over drafted, but he's impressed me so far. He has a quick first step and has some speed. Miami needs to get him on the field more. They're easing him in slowly. When Wake returns, he should start making an impact. I expect a solid finish for Jordan. His speed rush is going give slower OTs problems.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
I'm with OP--Long already looks like a Pro Bowler. Great pick for the Bears.

I think they'll move him to OT by next year. He looks good.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Reid dropped an INT for the first time last week vs the Texans. At least he got it out of his system now. Hitner says Reid is not a repeat offender and doesn't make the same mistake twice !!

Here's an article from Pro Football Central by a professional scout who was skeptical of the pick and now says he was wrong and that Eric Reid is playing at a Pro Bowl level.

http://www.profootballcentral.com/2013/10/12/san-francisco-49ers-rookie-safety-eric-reid-already-playing-like-a-pro-bowler/

Eric Reid. Because, f**k you.

I am informed and unbiased.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Here's an article from Pro Football Central by a professional scout who was skeptical of the pick and now says he was wrong and that Eric Reid is playing at a Pro Bowl level.

http://www.profootballcentral.com/2013/10/12/san-francisco-49ers-rookie-safety-eric-reid-already-playing-like-a-pro-bowler/

Who is our secondary coach? Is it still Ed Donatell? Whomever it is has been doing a bang up job ever since Jim took over as coach. In 2011 we saw big hits and takeaways while we saw a resurgence in both the careers of Goldson and Rogers. In 2012 we saw both Cully and T Brown take considerable steps forward as DBs. Now already in 2013 we see T Brock and a rookie starting FS in Eric Reid playing well enough to almost consider him equal to or the upgrade to Goldson largely in part due to significant rule changes. Whitner has even come out strong this season. All I know is that it is impressive to get such production from some lightly regarded talents (Brock,Brown, Goldson) in our secondary annually. Yes we gave up big plays down the stretch in 2012 but our pass rushers were decimated with injury as well. Reid is balling and some of his coaches and the tutelage of Whitner deserves a little credit!!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Oct 12, 2013 at 2:49 PM ]

Awesome article. The part illustrating Reid assisting Brock on one play (which resulted in the pick six) was very intriguing and spoke volumes of his leadership and communication skills. Very impressive stuff. Loved Goldson and I'm still a big fan of his, but I think Reid will be an upgrade over him when it's all said and done. Reid is on a pace where matching or surpassing Goldson will become reality very soon. I have not missed Goldson with Reid being here and I was among the fans that was sour as hell when we let Goldy walk and he left to TB.

Thanks for sharing
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Oct 12, 2013 at 4:02 PM ]
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Eric Reid because I'm biased and ignorant.

Me too.
Chiefs fans think they got NFL ROY locked down with Marcus Cooper.
Share 49ersWebzone