LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

**General NFL Discussion Thread**

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
You probably just heard about him last night

i was sold on him 13 months ago, after watching a couple oregon games. no one was saying anything about him then. i was a big fan of him on the .com message board. had him as the 49ers 2nd rd pick in my mock draft (only because i thought he was under the radar and would slide to us), and everybody laughed. sure, he wasn't a need, but was clearly the best player available. he's got heavier hands than any 49er lineman, and only needs to run his feet better to be great.

so, no, i didn't just hear about him last night. feel free to join the kyle fan club...we can't all be early birds.
1st post about him in 2011
2nd post about him in 2012
3rd post about him in 2013
[ Edited by xcfan on Oct 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
do you guys see a connection among the guys standing out? long, kiko, h-badger--alpha males who are confident and aggressive, with fierce energy on the field. i first identified this ingredient to myself 30 years ago with my eyes being naturally drawn to ronnie lott and seeing that "it" factor.
Sheldon Richardson has been awesome. He's a big reason why the Jets D is keeping them in games.

Honorable mentions to Star Lotulelei and Kiko Alonso.
Definitely not Dion Jordan. He was #3 pick and according to some the next Aldon Smith (football-wise). Haven't seen s**t about this guy. Of course I don't search info on the Dolphins whatsoever but he's not even mentioned on national media. Is this guy Brian Bosworth 2.0?
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Kiko Alonso... If you disagree then you have not been paying attention to the NFL in general. The guy is everywhere on the field for a rookie.

Kyle Long... Kiko Alonso.. either way go ducks
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Definitely not Dion Jordan. He was #3 pick and according to some the next Aldon Smith (football-wise). Haven't seen s**t about this guy. Of course I don't search info on the Dolphins whatsoever but he's not even mentioned on national media. Is this guy Brian Bosworth 2.0?

I could've told you that months ago. He's going to be the same exact player that Manny Lawson was for us—decent and versatile player who can do a lot of things, but way overhyped and way over drafted.
I never thought I'd forget the Hawk so quickly. Reid will get serious consideration for ROY as the 49ers keep winning and winning.
Kiko Alonso
&
Honey Badger (Wish we had him!)
You guys got it all wrong, Leon Sandcastle is the best rookie in the NFL.

I would say Reid. Or Alonso. Liked him coming out from Oregon. Also Honey Badger.
I believe in GIO BERNARD. Just give him the ball Cincy and stop messing around with the Law Firm.

Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Kiko Alonso... If you disagree then you have not been paying attention to the NFL in general. The guy is everywhere on the field for a rookie.

Good call.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I believe in GIO BERNARD. Just give him the ball Cincy and stop messing around with the Law Firm.

or i dunno maybe stop running BJGE up the middle every goddamn time you put him on the field. Defenses know where its going when he comes in. they send bernard to the outside and he gets into space. Law Firm? Right up the gut every f**king time. I WOULDNT BE SO f**kING FRUSTRATED WITH IT IF GODDAMN ANDY DALTON COULD CONNECT WITH AJ GREEN YOU STUPID f**kING GINGER THROW IT TO HIM
[ Edited by xtm059 on Oct 12, 2013 at 9:17 AM ]
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Perhaps it's wishful thinking, but I'm hoping that the Rams or Cardinals end up a trap-game, divisional games are just so difficult to predict at times.

Otherwise, our only hope to catch-up resides in weeks 13 (Saints), 14 (@49ers), 15 (@Giants). Count on Eli to have a random superstar game when least expected. . I still have hope!

easiest schedule in the league
Dont laugh, but on offensive side of the ball Geno Smith should get some consideration.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Dont laugh, but on offensive side of the ball Geno Smith should get some consideration.

Definitely.
Share 49ersWebzone