There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**General NFL Discussion Thread**

Can you imagine if the rams stayed put in 2012 and drafted RG3?

Kaep Wilson and Griffin III in the same division? Crazy too think this couldve happened lol


What were they thinkin!!!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
the nfc has been copying the niners forever. nothing new here.

I said this many times what Cosell said. I saw the Hawks emulate us to the T towards the middle of 2011. Pete saw what Jim was doing and he decided to follow suit. He took the ball out of Jackson's hands and put it in Lynch's then they proceeded to the draft to select players in the mold and mirror image of us in so many ways. Some of this happened due to having some of our former scouting personnel on deck but a lot of this was due to the success we were having and Pete took notice. Now this offseason they have decided to become more explosive offensively as we did last offseason. It is like they are 1 step behind us so that it is hard to truly get much separation from them. I almost thought for a moment that we would try and follow suit with their huge secondary but I am pleased that we stuck to what we do and that is win up front to aid our back end
[ Edited by Pillbusta on May 8, 2013 at 8:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I said this many times what Cosell said. I saw the Hawks emulate us to the T towards the middle of 2011. Pete saw what Jim was doing and he decided to follow suit. He took the ball out of Jackson's hands and put it in Lynch's then they proceeded to the draft to select players in the mold and mirror image of us in so many ways. Some of this happened due to having some of our former scouting personnel on deck but a lot of this was due to the success we were having and Pete took notice. Now this offseason they have decided to become more explosive offensively as we did last offseason. It is like they are 1 step behind us so that it is hard to truly get much separation from them. I almost thought for a moment that we would try and follow suit with their huge secondary but I am pleased that we stuck to what we do and that is win up front to aid our back end

Oh I think Carroll was modeling it before Harbaugh. I think he was trying to build a team like the Niners when he came to Seattle. One of the unfortunate things about living in King County is being subjected to Seattle radio. When Carroll got here, he made it clear that he wanted to run the ball and play tough, physical defense. Harbs was just able to implement what Carroll wanted before Carroll could do it. Harbs took what he knew was a great roster and didnt try to have Alex play outside of himself. We have been running the ball and playing tough defense since PWilly was drafted. If you think about it, that was Carroll's USC model, but Harbs was able to put it together faster.

You are correct though, teams have tried to emulate the Niners since the Walsh days. Think about the tree he created. If you look at the plays of the Holmgren Hags or Packers, you can see a bunch of plays that amount to a poor mans version of the Niners. It worked for both teams to some extent, but then they didn't have the roster.
And I don't care who they are playing. My second favorite team is always the one playing the rest of the NFCW. I get bummed when The others are playing each other because I know one of them is going to get a win. I know the division is strong and it is pretty rewarding to be the best in a very tough division, but all I care about is winning it. I do believe that playing in this division makes the Niners a better team outside of it though.
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
Can you imagine if the rams stayed put in 2012 and drafted RG3?

Kaep Wilson and Griffin III in the same division? Crazy too think this couldve happened lol


What were they thinkin!!!

What is this, the Rams' board? I think that has been posted there thousands of times.
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
Oh I think Carroll was modeling it before Harbaugh. I think he was trying to build a team like the Niners when he came to Seattle. One of the unfortunate things about living in King County is being subjected to Seattle radio. When Carroll got here, he made it clear that he wanted to run the ball and play tough, physical defense. Harbs was just able to implement what Carroll wanted before Carroll could do it. Harbs took what he knew was a great roster and didnt try to have Alex play outside of himself. We have been running the ball and playing tough defense since PWilly was drafted. If you think about it, that was Carroll's USC model, but Harbs was able to put it together faster.

You are correct though, teams have tried to emulate the Niners since the Walsh days. Think about the tree he created. If you look at the plays of the Holmgren Hags or Packers, you can see a bunch of plays that amount to a poor mans version of the Niners. It worked for both teams to some extent, but then they didn't have the roster.

Well I guess I can say that Pete might cheat but he isn't stupid. He knows something works he is going to find a way to use it
Originally posted by pdizo916:
i want the rams, seacocks, and cards to go 0-160 I know it's impossible, but still.

Anything is possible if you put your mind to it.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Well I guess I can say that Pete might cheat but he isn't stupid. He knows something works he is going to find a way to use it

I just remember thinking "Hey, that kind of sounds like the Niners" to which Harbaugh exploited in full. I think Sing wanted to do more than Alex could handle, but the team was still good at the power game. Harbaugh obviously wanted more too, but he didn't do it until Kaep started. Is there any question that this offense is actually far more complex with Kaep, a second year player than it was under Smith? A guy who has never had the chance to really master anything. Petey isn't stupid, obviously, but he is still a jerk anyways. :)
Originally posted by RedAlice:
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
Can you imagine if the rams stayed put in 2012 and drafted RG3?

Kaep Wilson and Griffin III in the same division? Crazy too think this couldve happened lol


What were they thinkin!!!

What is this, the Rams' board? I think that has been posted there thousands of times.

Offseason. As the summer progresses the threads and posts get more entertaining. People itching for news and decide to write about the first thing that comes to their mind.
See......



I WANT to make fun of this guy, because of what he did in his last season of wearing our jersey, dividing and pretty much destroying the franchise for a good 5-10 singlehandedly,making NOBODY want to play for us.

I WON'T make fun of this guy because he bled for our team and busted his ass off , getting in Strahans' face, punking the Cowboys in their field (an unpopular move around these parts, but I was all for it as it showed balls against the cowpukes) and of course , the Catch 2 .I also won't make fun of this guy because really , in all actuality,

this guy is alone.


He was raised by his grandmother, only to see her go crazy with Alzheimers and has been dried out by countless golddiggers. All of that is alot to grip and come to terms with ,

yet alone getting old and not being able to perform at a high level like before.
How many seasons in a row have all 32 teams said, "NO to TO!"

He has poisoned too many wells and has become poison in the eyes of potential suitors.

The law of the streets, What goes around - comes around.
I refuse to have ever acknowledged the player formally known as TO, who was never really heard from or seen again following 1998.
He can't be that broke considering he still owns a bowling team and has plenty of resources to just stroll around the country turning up at various events.

Bankruptcy for the wealthy has a far different meaning than it does for middle class/poor people.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,949
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

QB David Garrard told 2 players he no longer plans to be with the #Jets, per sources. Nothing official from team. Unclear if cut/retired

Just now, David Garrard told @JeffDarlington: "I'm not talking about that right now. Maybe tomorrow or the next day"

This has major ramifications for Geno Smith, Mark Sanchez and Greg McElroy. Again, nothing official. But this is what Garrard told players
[ Edited by Jcool on May 15, 2013 at 1:13 PM ]
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by WesCosOff4Lyf:
Originally posted by pitseleh:
Your disgusted by the ill-wishes for TO, so it comforts you as a person wishing even worse to the people on this board? Sorry, that is actually disgusting. So please, check yourself.

First of all it's "You're" as in "You are".

Yes, people that send vicious attacks to these players for their personal decisions that are actually positive life decisions deserve a rude awakening. I'm glad you apologized because you should be sorry that you defend these ruthless attacks on TO, the person.

And I do appreciate that you asked nicely, but I've already been checked plenty as a young immature kid. One day you'll understand.

Life is bigger than this game that we all love. We sometimes lose sight of that and treat these athletes as if their only value to the world is their ability to catch the ball and run it in, etc. The fact of the matter is that TO has probably donated more to charities and done more good for the community that this entire message board combined. Gain a little perspective.

This has no relevance to the thread. Take a break.

All hail king English.
db