Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**General NFL Discussion Thread**

• Jcool
  • Veteran
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Report: Eagles talking contract with Dennis Dixon http://wp.me/p14QSB-
Originally posted by Jcool:
Side by side view of the new Jags logo and the old one.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I guess they decided to make the logo look more like a 1980's cartoon.

Thunder...thunder...THUNDERCATS, HOOOO!

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

According to @rvacchianonydn, #Giants will save $2.75M ($2.5M in dead money) with the release of Ahmad Bradshaw. It just happened.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
The Redzone ‏@TheRedzoneorg

Eagles release Demetress Bell, sign Chris McCoy http://bit.ly/UYwOrJ #NFL #Eagles
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

And Giants also released DL Chris Canty as well. Freeing some cap space
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Chris Wesseling ‏@ChrisWesseling

#Browns new regime doesn't consider Colt McCoy a viable starting QB option, confirms @terrypluto http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index.ssf/2013/02/statistics_show_west_coast_was.html
Man, the Ravens are going to be screwed with the way they handled Flacco's contract. Like 20M+ for the "exclusive" franchise tag, they have so many other FAs, and they are like 5M over the cap already (if I am recalling everything I read and heard correctly). Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebus.

Oh, and Terrell Suggs salary for 2013 is 13M+. Double jebus.
[ Edited by horsecore on Feb 6, 2013 at 7:48 PM ]
They're champs doe
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I listened to Pro Football Talk from yesterday and Florio was talking about how the Browns possibly would try to sign Flacco to an offer sheet. If the Ravens go with the exclusive Tag on Flacco it's like a cap number of 20.8 million for 2013 (which they can't afford). Either way, the Ravens are going to be very different in 2013.
[ Edited by Paul on Feb 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM ]
Originally posted by Paul:
I listened to Pro Football Talk from yesterday and Florio was talking about how the Browns possibly would try to sign Flacco to an offer sheet. If the Ravens go with the exclusive Tag on Flacco it's like a cap number of 20.8 million for 2013 (which they can't afford). Either way, the Ravens are going to be very different in 2013.

Ravens are gonna be suffering the usual setbacks of a winning SB team, players either coming up for big contracts (Flacco is a d-bag, and will be asking for a crap-load of 'elite' contract money; which will cost 'role' players in cap space), players retiring/moving on now that they have a ring, ect. -Like the Giants, doubt they even make it back to the playoffs, Steelers will be getting their s**t together, and the Bengals are finally starting to make a legitimate claim for that division.

Like I was saying after the Superbowl, the 49ers will be going back, the Ravens might never see one for a long, long time.
Originally posted by horsecore:
Man, the Ravens are going to be screwed with the way they handled Flacco's contract. Like 20M+ for the "exclusive" franchise tag, they have so many other FAs, and they are like 5M over the cap already (if I am recalling everything I read and heard correctly). Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebus.

Oh, and Terrell Suggs salary for 2013 is 13M+. Double jebus.

they might have to let go of Anquan Boldin for Flaccos contract.
  • IT21
  • Veteran
Flacco is not worth 20 mill lol. Sucks for them cause they really have no choice but paying him that
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Flacco is not worth 20 mill lol. Sucks for them cause they really have no choice but paying him that

You should have seen the big four of their front office today during the Ravens Presser.
My ears, heard a whole lotta' Nothing, and saw even more Dancing, when asked about
the situation with Flacco, and Ed Reed.

I'd venture -- SB MVP or not -- they don't feel he's worth that amount either. They'd probably
like nothing better, than to Franchise that A$$ for one more season, just to be doubly sure.
Problem being, that would put their already Jacked-Up Cap situation into a further tail-spin.
LOL flacco is gonna be the highest paid qb