There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

D Jackson gets 51 milion/5 year deal

Quote:
AdamSchefter
Filed to ESPN: Eagles gave DeSean Jackson a five-year, $51-million deal.

Thoughts on it? Is it now the going rate or is that too much?
[ Edited by Rikimaru03 on Mar 14, 2012 at 1:32 PM ]
OMG HOW COME WE DIDNT SIGN HIM OMG ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
that jason la cal...whatever his name is reports that it's 48.5 million. That is not cheap...
Only thing I know is that this is all Baalke's fault.
Maybe he'll actually play now.

Funny how a guy who quits on his team gets paid more the following season.
lol when he breaks an achilles
no way we signed him. he'll outrun every alex smith pass
You just cant write this stuff man, i wonder if Vick wants out after hearing this.

DeSean Jackson: "I'm going to guarantee a Super Bowl"

Last year the Eagles' "Dream Team" nickname was derisively used against them after their big-name free-agent signings didn't turn them into title contenders. But that isn't stopping one Eagle from boasting about the team's prospects.

DeSean Jackson, the wide receiver who signed a five-year contract with a base value of $47 million to remain with the Eagles, is brimming with confidence right now.

"I'm just happy to still be here," Jackson said, via USA Today. "I'm going to guarantee a Super Bowl. We've been so close since I've been here the past four years. . . . The sky's the limit."

Those comments are sure to be remembered by players and fans of opposing teams, just as Vince Young's "Dream Team" label turned into a curse last season. But Jackson said he's not backing down.

"Hands down I think we're one of the best teams in the NFL," Jackson said. "I want to shoot for the Hall of Fame. I want to shoot for Super Bowls."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/15/desean-jackson-im-going-to-guarantee-a-super-bowl/
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ace49ers:
You just cant write this stuff man, i wonder if Vick wants out after hearing this.
Quote:

Last year the Eagles' "Dream Team" nickname was derisively used against them after their big-name free-agent signings didn't turn them into title contenders. But that isn't stopping one Eagle from boasting about the team's prospects.

DeSean Jackson, the wide receiver who signed a five-year contract with a base value of $47 million to remain with the Eagles, is brimming with confidence right now.

"I'm just happy to still be here," Jackson said, via USA Today. "I'm going to guarantee a Super Bowl. We've been so close since I've been here the past four years. . . . The sky's the limit."

Those comments are sure to be remembered by players and fans of opposing teams, just as Vince Young's "Dream Team" label turned into a curse last season. But Jackson said he's not backing down.

"Hands down I think we're one of the best teams in the NFL," Jackson said. "I want to shoot for the Hall of Fame. I want to shoot for Super Bowls."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/15/desean-jackson-im-going-to-guarantee-a-super-bowl/

lol this is coming the season after they called themselves "the dream team" and went 8-8. some people just don't learn
Originally posted by ace49ers:

so it takes 50 million to shoot for the Hall of Fame and Superbowls.....are we to assume before this he was shooting for nothing?

this kid is retarded