• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
How can they even afford that? They were tight as it is

they restructured it over 7 years

132 million spread out over seven years is still a lot of money.
http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/14/lions-give-wr-johnson-53m-guaranteed-in-extension/

Thanks I guess, but Lacanothing did a terrible job trying to explain it.
Big money for the 3rd best WR in the league. Lions will suck again.
Originally posted by spizzy:
Best player in the NFL

Yep. I hate to say it but the guy has a chance to be one of the best EVER.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by wolfpack52:

I can see the argument for Fitz being better, but who else?

One could make an argument that a motivated Randy Moss is just as good.

Just one year ago: 83 rec, 1264, and 13 TDs.

I think at his age, a year of recovery may do wonders for his body.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Joecool:

One could make an argument that a motivated Randy Moss is just as good.

Just one year ago: 83 rec, 1264, and 13 TDs.

I think at his age, a year of recovery may do wonders for his body.

I'm optimistic for him, but I'm also a realist. I can't see him making those numbers this year, nor beating out CJ$130's stats.

Disagree. He is at worst "arguably" the best, but no worse than #2.
he got paid quarterback money..
Best player in the NFL

Most over-rated in the NFL. He is just a product of the new s**t rules. He runs terrible routes, isn't that fast (IMHO). All Stafford does it throw it up in the air and he is so tall and big it is next to impossible to cover.

I would say Andre Johnson. He plays against better defenses all year. But he may never be the same after the Hamstring issues.

Calvin Johnson was called Megatron in a bad way because of his awful routes when the defense was good in the NFC North. Now the NFC North has no Defense and hes Megatron because hes unstoppable. Put Fitz on the Lions last year and he has 2500 receiving yards(ok a stretch I know but you get the point)
With The Vikings, Packers and Bears defenses all looking to be just as bad or worse next year he will have big numbers. But he will get exposed in the playoffs.

Originally posted by SportsFan:
Best player in the NFL

Most over-rated in the NFL. He is just a product of the new s**t rules. He runs terrible routes, isn't that fast (IMHO). All Stafford does it throw it up in the air and he is so tall and big it is next to impossible to cover.

None of that is true. He's one of the fastest WR's in the league and can run any route there is. He's gonna have a long great career and Im saying it now, will be a first ballot HOF inductee.
s**t i don't care if he's the 15th best wr in the league he's worth it based off production
Originally posted by btthepunk:
None of that is true. He's one of the fastest WR's in the league and can run any route there is. He's gonna have a long great career and Im saying it now, will be a first ballot HOF inductee.

This! What were some of you guys watching? The man took over games at times single handedly. Had over 200 yards receiving in TWO of the last three games and had two tds per game in the first four of the season all the while being double and triple covered and ran with 4.4 speed coming into the league. You guys are nuts that doesn't see how incredibly talented this guy is. I have never seen Andre Johnson and Fitzgerald just simply take over a game the way I saw Calvin several times last season.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by btthepunk:

This! What were some of you guys watching? The man took over games at times single handedly. Had over 200 yards receiving in TWO of the last three games and had two tds per game in the first four of the season all the while being double and triple covered and ran with 4.4 speed coming into the league. You guys are nuts that doesn't see how incredibly talented this guy is. I have never seen Andre Johnson and Fitzgerald just simply take over a game the way I saw Calvin several times last season.

Serious! He actually ran a 4.35 at the combine. Even if they were all fully healthy I would take CJ over Andre or Fitz.
60 million guaranteed
Share 49ersWebzone