There are 193 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 Salary Cap will be $120.6M

LOL no wonder the Redskins traded for RG III, they knew they wouldn't have the money to sign any future 1st rounders. They just suck as a franchise.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,304
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Up to $21,059,844M under with the new addition of the $1.6M.

We will save an additional $2.91M from Spencer, bringing us up to $23,969,844M under.

! I've said it before but as much as I like Haralson, if doesnt take a paycut and we give him the Axe we'd be up over $26M
ESPN Blogs NFC East ‏ @espn_nfceast
Paraphrasing the NFL's official statement on Skins-Cowboys cap cuts: "We're the NFL. Who the #$%^ are you?"
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by smithc28:
We'll take Fitz then and we'll give them our 1st round pick, that should help them out a bit.

Your Welcome Arizona

Third rounder. We wouldn't want them to have to spend too much signing that rookie .

In all honesty, the next 24 hours is going to be interesting for those teams that are still over. I hope they do sign Peyton Manning. They would be crippled financially for years to come.

It will be a wild and crazy first 24 hours.
Thank you Cowboys and Skins for financing the SF Randy Moss Experiment 2012!
Originally posted by niners_guy:
Thank you Cowboys and Skins for financing the SF Randy Moss Experiment 2012!

  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,304
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
Originally posted by niners_guy:
Thank you Cowboys and Skins for financing the SF Randy Moss Experiment 2012!


free money for everyone
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Up to $21,059,844M under with the new addition of the $1.6M.

We will save an additional $2.91M from Spencer, bringing us up to $23,969,844M under.

! I've said it before but as much as I like Haralson, if doesnt take a paycut and we give him the Axe we'd be up over $26M

Aside from Haralson we've got bupkis for depth behind Brooks and Aldon. We can't afford to lose him and I'd be surprised if we dick with his deal to try to force a pay cut.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Aside from Haralson we've got bupkis for depth behind Brooks and Aldon. We can't afford to lose him and I'd be surprised if we dick with his deal to try to force a pay cut.

i ahree keep haralson it isnt like es making tons of money

solid backup
The cap credit from the whole 2010 uncapped year scandal is actually $1.643M
http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/13/salary-cap-numbers-for-all-32-nfl-teams/?module=HP11_headline_stack

Teams can decide to use it for 2012 or save it for 2013

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/13/teams-await-cap-penalties-levied-against-boys-skins/?module=HP11_headline_stack
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,304
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Aside from Haralson we've got bupkis for depth behind Brooks and Aldon. We can't afford to lose him and I'd be surprised if we dick with his deal to try to force a pay cut.

i ahree keep haralson it isnt like es making tons of money

solid backup

$2.5M for a guy who will never see the field? Brooks played in 95% of our snaps and they envision Aldon being a 3 down player in the same capacity this season. IMHO it would be cheaper to draft 1 OLB and sign another run stuffer like Haralson to minimum salary deal, even though I still dont know if we'll bother drafting an OLB, I think we'll roll with our LBs the same way did last year, keep 3 backup MLBs, 1 of them being Tavares Gooden who is capable of playing outside as well as inside.
looks like we carried over the reported $16.5M from last season according to NFL.com's Jason LaCanfora.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/30/salary-cap-situation-for-each-team/

San Francisco 49ers
Current contracts: 48
Previous year carryover: $16,500,000.00
Adjustments: $982,519.00
Adjusted cap: $138,082,519.00
Team cap: $132,780,988.00
Cap room: $5,301,531.00
Team cash: $111,944,916.00

This may be after Jacobs, not quite sure. If so we are fine. I didn't realize we carried over an additional $3.9M, if correct, which is should be, we have enough right now to add a vet RG and sign our picks without addressing Goldson, Haralson, etc...
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
looks like we carried over the reported $16.5M from last season according to NFL.com's Jason LaCanfora.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/30/salary-cap-situation-for-each-team/

San Francisco 49ers
Current contracts: 48
Previous year carryover: $16,500,000.00
Adjustments: $982,519.00
Adjusted cap: $138,082,519.00
Team cap: $132,780,988.00
Cap room: $5,301,531.00
Team cash: $111,944,916.00

This may be after Jacobs, not quite sure. If so we are fine. I didn't realize we carried over an additional $3.9M, if correct, which is should be, we have enough right now to add a vet RG and sign our picks without addressing Goldson, Haralson, etc...

jason did you see the report from Robert Craft like 2 weeks ago that said he didnt think the cap would jump very much next year and possibly 2014 either
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
looks like we carried over the reported $16.5M from last season according to NFL.com's Jason LaCanfora.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/30/salary-cap-situation-for-each-team/

San Francisco 49ers
Current contracts: 48
Previous year carryover: $16,500,000.00
Adjustments: $982,519.00
Adjusted cap: $138,082,519.00
Team cap: $132,780,988.00
Cap room: $5,301,531.00
Team cash: $111,944,916.00

This may be after Jacobs, not quite sure. If so we are fine. I didn't realize we carried over an additional $3.9M, if correct, which is should be, we have enough right now to add a vet RG and sign our picks without addressing Goldson, Haralson, etc...

jason did you see the report from Robert Craft like 2 weeks ago that said he didnt think the cap would jump very much next year and possibly 2014 either

I saw that, not sure what to believe. Cap will/should raise in future years. I mean player salaries aren't gonna lower anytime soon, or really ever. So why wouldn't the cap raise. I think it's idiotic. It's owners not wanting to pay a huge sum in one season. So owners don't want a 150-200M cap.