There are 156 users in the forums

What do you think Greg Williams's punishment should be?

Shop 49ers game tickets

What do you think Greg Williams's punishment should be?

lifetime ban seems too harsh to me. perhaps a 1 year ban or less. I do think he should suspended a number of games.
I wonder if the Rams are going to fire this guy?
it would suck if he got a lifetime ban, he's a dumb coordinator.
Originally posted by schmons:
it would suck if he got a lifetime ban, he's a dumb coordinator.

lol but how sweet would it be if the rams had to try to find a new DC this late in the offseason?
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
At minimum a 1 year ban, but I say he should get lifetime.
He should play 7 minutes in heaven with Jimmy Raye.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
It's one thing to do something wrong. It's another to do it wrong at multiple stops. And it's another thing to continue to do it after you've been told by the league office to stop.

Directly and openly disobeying the commissioner on the issues of personal conduct and player safety?

Lifetime ban.
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but Williams did coach under Jeff Fisher in Tennessee. Fisher is a long-time member of the competition comittee, and I really can't imagine him condoning something like this. So I wonder how Fisher feels about having Williams with him in St. Louis now?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Also, how is this not a crime? He literally paid people to intentionally injure others.

What makes the Nancy Kerrigan thing a crime and this any different? Intentional is intentional.

If you got caught at work trying to give $1,000 to somebody to intentionally injure a co-worker... not only would you be fired, you'd have charges filed against you.
I don't see the no-lube gang rape from Brett Favre, Steve Smith and a multitude of other players his defenses have tried taking cheap shots on option anywhere???

In anycase, if anyone is deserving of a lifetime ban, it would be this guy, he's pulled this s**t everywhere he's gone and there's no reason to think he'll ever change his tune, he's sorry he got caught, not sorry he did this, he must have known what he was doing was wrong, and he kept doing it, even after being investigated, you ban Williams and I guarantee there's not any other coaches who get involved in these shenanigans.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 4, 2012 at 11:32 PM ]

Originally posted by fister30:
The NFL is formally investigating the redskin years under williams. I think he is done.

and the Bills too....f**k they'll keep digging and digging to see just how far back this s**t goes. This guy's entire NFL coaching career is under a microscope right now and if Goodell goes soft on him, he's going to risk losing all credibility in his stance against injuries, not to mention the boost it would give to a multitude of lawsuits by former players, Goodell has no choice but to bring down the hammer....and bring it down hard.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
He has to watch every 49er game coached by Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary.

Better yet, he gets to watch the last 3 minutes of the Saints-49ers playoff game from this year on 24-7 loop.
its too bad greg williams doesnt have a twitter lol
Originally posted by okdkid:
Also, how is this not a crime? He literally paid people to intentionally injure others.

What makes the Nancy Kerrigan thing a crime and this any different? Intentional is intentional.

If you got caught at work trying to give $1,000 to somebody to intentionally injure a co-worker... not only would you be fired, you'd have charges filed against you.

The difference is, this all occurred within the confines of the game. Hitting someone in football isn't illegal, regardless of the intent. And for the most part, I think the hits in question are legal hits where no flags were thrown, even. What happened to Kerrigan had nothing to do with the sport, and would be the same as hitting a random person on the street.

However, unless the people that received these bounties declared them as income (highly unlikely), then it is a crime - called tax evasion.
anything less then a one-year ban would be a joke. i would ban him 1year for every year he run the system.
Share 49ersWebzone