There are 183 users in the forums

Saints ran a 'Bounty' Program - Now with 100% More Suspensions!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Was the same 3-member panel who over-ruled this also judges in Pacquiao's fight?

So, it's okay for players to get paid bonus money on the side for targeting and hurting other players and only the coaches are punished. What a joke!
Vilma got a little treat via twitter already

f*cken b*****ds

Total bs
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
wtf?? fkn drama queen commissioner.
Instead of signing bonuses Jed should give huge tackling bonuses so they don't count against the cap.
Might be in the minority, but I kind of agree with the overturn. They may be a*****es putting money in a bouty pool and benefitting from injuries, but they weren't given warnings like the coaches were. And how do you suspend one player and not suspend another on the same team, and not show any evidence as to why?? Goodell is a douche that is why, and I enjoy seeing him lose.
Bring on the Saints....Ask Pierre Thomas how he's doing
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Might be in the minority, but I kind of agree with the overturn. They may be a*****es putting money in a bouty pool and benefitting from injuries, but they weren't given warnings like the coaches were. And how do you suspend one player and not suspend another on the same team, and not show any evidence as to why?? Goodell is a douche that is why, and I enjoy seeing him lose.

You enjoy seeing goodell lose to the same guys that were intentionally aiming for Alex's head to concuss him, or blowout Crabtree's knee?
After I heard that the NFL offices never formally notified the players of the suspensions the time ran out and by the CBA he had no choice. Someone dropped the ball and didn't cross all the TS and dot all the Is.

49ers are gonna be the focal point of all their rage & quest for vengeance/vindication in the week 12 showdown in Nov. Hope we curbstomp their asses in a blowout then win #6 in their own dome in Feb!!!

Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

The Coachs should have warned them. There job to lead the men and suspend them they didn't do there jobs, and the players should have known better this is just stupid, and they should man up and take the punishment for trying to harm the other players they are in a union... why do you want the leader of the nfl to lose, you want the game destroyed?
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

49ers are gonna be the focal point of all their rage & quest for vengeance/vindication in the week 12 showdown in Nov. Hope we curbstomp their asses in a blowout then win #6 in their own dome in Feb!!!

if that happens I want Dog the Bounty Hunter to call the coin toss
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if I'm reading in between the lines here does this mean Goodell no longer has the responsibility of suspending players? According to the ruling it seems like that would go to Special Master Burbank. I don't see why this wouldn't apply to all cases? They ruled he has the authority to prove the case that "x" player committed an action that hurt the game but he doesn't have the authority to punish.

They won't be in shape for games anyways, you can workout all you like but you'll never dublicate the game workout, Hoping they get injured would only be karma!
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if I'm reading in between the lines here does this mean Goodell no longer has the responsibility of suspending players? According to the ruling it seems like that would go to Special Master Burbank. I don't see why this wouldn't apply to all cases? They ruled he has the authority to prove the case that "x" player committed an action that hurt the game but he doesn't have the authority to punish.

Like I said earlier according to the CBA the league has to formally notify the players and the teams and they have X amount of days to appeal it etc. The league dropped the ball and didn't follow the rules to the letter. And as a result they screwed themselves. Kinda like letting a killer go because he was never read his rights. The coaches don't have a CBA so you won't see Sean Payton back on the sidelines this year.
Share 49ersWebzone