LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

Saints ran a 'Bounty' Program - Now with 100% More Suspensions!

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Whitners walk off was f**kin bad ass

lol he walked away like a boss
I love that play man what a great game

he did without skipping a beat, just pure bad ass.
Originally posted by toeshawn:
I rather see suspensions and loss of draft picks than fines

we're probably going to see all of these anyways
Originally posted by toeshawn:
I rather see suspensions and loss of draft picks than fines

They will get fined, and they will lose draft picks and there will be suspensions

[ Edited by valrod33 on Mar 2, 2012 at 1:22 PM ]
LOL!!!! im just loving this offseason for the saints more and more
Whitner after the hit on Thomas "Bounty that mother f****r!"

The Saints are such pussies that they have to try to bribe players to play harder, i'm just glad our coaches are so badass the team just plays murderball.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Awful Announcing ‏ @awfulannouncing

The most amazing thing about the Saints bounty system is millionaire athletes jeopardizing player safety and their own franchise for $1000.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Awful Announcing ‏ @awfulannouncing

The most amazing thing about the Saints bounty system is millionaire athletes jeopardizing player safety and their own franchise for $1000.
$Aints
Very amazing for millionaires to jeapardize it for $1000. Like somone offering an average Joe a dollar to do something highly underhanded and illegal at work.
lmao @ this ESPN.com comment:

"From the way the defense played, I'm assuming many of the players didnt receive any money."
lol these millionaire athletes were throwing some of their own money into the bounty just to try to win it back? thats just a genius idea
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Punish heem!

Karma's a b***h.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Copied this from Blackandgold.com

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the NFL has determined that MLB Jonathan Vilma was one of the primary culprits in the Saints' "pay for performance" bounty program that will result in NFL discipline.

"In the week of the NFC Championship Game," Schefter said on NFL Live Friday, "Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma put $10,000 in cash on a table and said 'this goes to the guy that knocks out Brett Favre.'" Those weren't Vilma's exact words, but they were similar, according to Schefter, and he's sure to be atop the league's target list for impending discipline. It's worth nothing that Vilma is due $5.4 million in 2012 and has been discussed as a possible salary cap casualty. We wouldn't expect him back with the Saints.

If true, I'm wondering who the snitches are.

and

Supposedly, Mickey Loomis, Greg Williams, Sean Payton & Tom Benson were all aware of this, with only Benson asking that it be stopped.

and this made me lol

I don't remember any outrage when Bill Romanowski told the 49ers to make the playoff game against the Saints a 'stretcher' game!1.11: Bill Romanowski calls Saints-49ers 'stretcher game' *COURTESY 95.7 THE GAME*

It really looks like we will see massive suspensions, individual as well as team fines, lose of draft picks over multiple years and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the league forces out most of the the people that were aware of this. IMO a NFL version of the "Death Penalty" could really be coming.
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 2, 2012 at 1:43 PM ]
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Karma's a b***h.

wasnt it is own player that did that? I wonder how much that bounty was
I pray that Williams gets a 6 game suspension and cannot go to team HQ
Well, Tom Brady or nobody named 'Manning' got hurt so I'm sure Goodell will impose some meaningless fine just to make it look like he did something.
Share 49ersWebzone