LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 370 users in the forums

Saints ran a 'Bounty' Program - Now with 100% More Suspensions!

Shop 49ers game tickets

WHO DAT?
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Good, but I wanted them to lose a first round rounder along with the Franchise Tag. f**k those punks.

I have a feeling that they would have lost a first if they had one this year. The two 2nds was the next step down.

I don't believe the league has the ability to disallow a franchise tag. I might be wrong, tho.
Eddie DeBartolo's Revenge

#karma
I am fairly sure there will be no bounty program openly ran in the NFL ever.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
Sean Payton's year-long suspension means lost salary for one year. Payton's out about $7 million.

7 million... holy f**k that has to hurt.
Originally posted by AthensGaNiner:
This will damage them for years. No picks in the draft until the third round, and Payton can't be in contact with the team during the draft. Not sure who makes all the draft decisions over there, but you have to think Payton's got some say when it comes to pick time.

As for the Niners, this is good news. A division opponent is now weakened with the loss of their DC, and another division winner and playoff team is scrambling to figure out their coaching staff. Oh, and we move up one spot in the 2nd round, too.

Benson came to the defense of Loomis and Payton during all of this. I think there's more stink in Nawlins than anybody is aware of. There was some kind of prescription drug scandal a year or two ago too...
how are no players suspended if it was a player pool and even naming jonathan vilma?
Love the punishment. For the long-range health of the game, this sends out a powerful signal. Think Vegas is going to react?
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Eddie DeBartolo's Revenge

#karma

We really got the wrecking ball rolling, didn't we?

Saints fans will be b***hing all year about how after the 49ers "beat us in a fluke game" (and they'll keep calling it a fluke, too) everything went back to pre-SB era Saints football for New Orleans.
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:

WHO DAT?

WHO COACH?

Originally posted by Gelb1472:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
i wonder when Payton's suspension starts?

Payton's suspension starts April 1st. That's according to ESPN.

Link:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7718136/sean-payton-new-orleans-saints-banned-one-year-bounties

lol, they are so totally f**ked.
Originally posted by kujon11:
how are no players suspended if it was a player pool and even naming jonathan vilma?

there will be suspensions, the nfl is giving the nflpa its chance to look into it before goodell brings the hammer down on the players
I just saw the Montage of the ain'ts beat down Favre on NFLN and... dayum know I see it in a whole new spectrum. I hate Favre but those were some b***h azz dirty hits.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Chris Mortensen ‏ @mortreport
NFL says #Saints bounties were placed on at least 4 QBs - Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, Aaron Rodgers & Cam Newton
This means they were running it in 2011 as well! Man these guys are even dumber than I thought, still rolling out the bounties when under investigation.

Oh.. and guess who's crying in their cereal today!!!
Who's going to be the interim HC? Who that is good will want to step into that role for a single year? This is going to hurt them big time.
Share 49ersWebzone