LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 387 users in the forums

Saints ran a 'Bounty' Program - Now with 100% More Suspensions!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Jay Glazer ‏ @JayGlazer
Mickey Loomis' suspension begins during regular season so he is able to continue to conduct business including the draft
Katrina Card

/revoked
Meh. Lucky that's all they got. Williams should be criminally charged.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Jay Glazer ‏ @JayGlazer
Mickey Loomis' suspension begins during regular season so he is able to continue to conduct business including the draft

i wonder when Payton's suspension starts?
I dont understand what good it does to suspend Mickey Loomis the Saints GM for 8 games during the season. What does the GM do during a game, except maybe place a player on IR.

Some people have talked about how the Saints "machine" will just keep functioning without Payton, but I will be severely disappointed if there are not equally severe player suspensions still to come. So lose your HC, Asst, GM and half of the players on your team....yeah I think they will be bottom dwellers.

It'd be awesome if Brees decides to not sign his franchise offer.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Payton's suspension starts April 1st. That's according to ESPN.

Link:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7718136/sean-payton-new-orleans-saints-banned-one-year-bounties
[ Edited by Gelb1472 on Mar 21, 2012 at 10:38 AM ]
only lost two second round draft picks...
not enough.

only 500k-that's a downpayment for a house in the bay area.

only 2 2nd round picks confiscated.

sean peyton suspended for the 2012 season? I wonder who is going to be the interim head coach?

Greg Williams suspended indefinitely? Sucks for the Rams
Awesome! Couldn't happen to a better bunch of jerks!
[ Edited by KezarLivin on Mar 21, 2012 at 10:38 AM ]
So much for playing the Super Bowl in their hometown haha.

• teeohh
  • Veteran
Goodell had to scare other teams if he wanted bounty programs to stop. Suspending peyton one or two games wouldn't have done it. Punishment says "this is what happens if u lie to me"
[ Edited by toeshawn on Mar 21, 2012 at 10:42 AM ]
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Jay Glazer ‏ @JayGlazer

April 1
Good, but I wanted them to lose a first round rounder along with the Franchise Tag. f**k those punks.
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
Sean Payton's year-long suspension means lost salary for one year. Payton's out about $7 million.
The rams lost their DC!

Nothing like a little ram misery in the morning. It's especially bad since they had a chance to replace him when this story broke. Oh well, good luck finding a DC St. Louis.
Share 49ersWebzone